2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

A Raisin in the Sun
This topic is about A Raisin in the Sun
. Week 49: A Play > A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments My second choice for this week is A Raisin in the Sun. A friend recommended this one to me so I figured I'd put it on my list for this week.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments This one was okay. I loved the realistic family dynamic, and the heart-wrenching conditions they found themselves in. The play states this takes place sometime between the end of WWII and current day, but it definitely had a 1960s-70s vibe to it.

I'm glad I read it, but honestly I'm pretty excited about seeing the 1960s movie with Sidney Poitier.

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy | 40 comments Manda wrote: "This one was okay. I loved the realistic family dynamic, and the heart-wrenching conditions they found themselves in. The play states this takes place sometime between the end of WWII and current d..."
The movie is absolutely iconic. I love it.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments Joy wrote: "Manda wrote: "This one was okay. I loved the realistic family dynamic, and the heart-wrenching conditions they found themselves in. The play states this takes place sometime between the end of WWII..."

I haven't been able to see the original one with Sidney Poitoer yet, but I did watch the more modern one with P-Diddy and Phylicia Rashad. I loved it. I still want to see the older one, but this one was pretty true to the play.