Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Monthly Reading Challenges > September 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 23, 2015 09:45PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
And here it is--your newest monthly challenge.
September

Several of you mentioned liking the “Read with Friends” challenge, and I enjoyed it too. So, here it is….

Read 10 books you have chosen from the libraries of 10 different friends. Be sure to name the friend that you get the book from.

And, for those of you who have few friends—we are all open to friend invites, not just for this challenge, but generally.

message 2: by Larissa (last edited Sep 21, 2015 11:26AM) (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 50 comments Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
September 2015

1 Bound to the Alpha: Part One Serena Grey
2 Fury's Kiss Ms Phoenix

Bound to the Alpha Part One by Viola Rivard Fury's Kiss (New England Furies, #1) by Nicola R. White

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) | 1718 comments I am definitely going to try on this one

message 5: by Alison (Lady Coffin) (last edited Sep 27, 2015 02:30AM) (new)

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 184 comments 11/10 Completed
September’s - “Read with Friends” Challenge - Read 10 books you have chosen from the libraries of 10 different friends. Be sure to name the friend that you get the book from.

1 - FRIEND Grace Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire - done 9-3
2 - FRIEND Kritika Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder - done 9-7
3 - FRIEND Irene Prudence by Gail Carriger - done 9-10
4 - FRIEND Suzanne Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs - done 9-12
5 - FRIEND Samantha(BookLover'sCozyCafe) Nightingale's Lament by Simon R. Green - done 9-15
6 - FRIEND Belkis or Lokki Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine - done 9-16
7 - FRIEND Shera (Book Whispers) Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - done 9-18
8 - FRIEND Hayley Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire - done 9-19
9 - FRIEND Ann aka Iftcan Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep - done 9-21
10 - FRIEND Jessica Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler - done 9-24
with one or more possible substitutions if I can't get half of them from the library in a timely manor.
EXTRA -FRIEND Vannessa Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep - done 9-27

DONE Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6) by Seanan McGuire Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1) by Gail Carriger Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega, #4) by Patricia Briggs Nightingale's Lament (Nightside, #3) by Simon R. Green Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Sparrow Hill Road (Ghost Stories, #1) by Seanan McGuire Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5) by Jennifer Estep

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments I'm in!

message 7: by Tina (last edited Sep 25, 2015 11:25AM) (new)

Tina Pegar (rainingdaisy) | 149 comments Oh this one can be fun.

Completed: 5/10

Read 10 books you have chosen from the libraries of 10 different friends. Be sure to name the friend that you get the book from.

1. Danielle - On the Edge by Ilona Andrews or Soulless by Gail Carriger or Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2. Cheryl Grinds - Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep
3. Ami - Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion #2) by Aimee Carter September 8th
4. Vicki (my aunt who sin't on Goodreads) - The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
5. Mary Mooney - White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout September 13th
6. Sandi - Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner September 4th
7. Alison S - Paper Towns by John Green or Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
8. Christine - Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs
9. Sara Hartke - Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera #1) by Jim Butcher September 21st
10. Kirsty - After the End by Amy Plum September 4

message 8: by Donna (last edited Sep 27, 2015 01:22PM) (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 23 comments Read With Friends Challenge
Duration: Sept 2015
Completed:10/10

✔1. Fairest-FRIEND Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel 9/12/15
✔2.Cress-FRIEND Cody-Leigh Duffy 9/11/15
✔3.Crystal Kingdom- FRIEND Skye Flynn 9/26/15
✔4.To Catch Her Death- FRIEND Ann aka Iftcan -read 9/2/15
✔5.Angelfall-FRIEND Rachel 9/20/15
✔6.Ready to Were GR Friend Jenne 9/27/15
✔7.Innocent in Las Vegas-FRIEND Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton 9/20/15
✔8.The Heir-FRIEND Danie Schwartz 9/25/15
✔9.Dorothy Must Die-FRIEND Mandy Crider
✔10.Oh. My. Gods. -FRIEND Nidhi Bhatt 9/6/15

To Catch Her Death (Grim Reality, #1) by Boone Brux Ready to Were (Shift Happens, #1) by Robyn Peterman Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, #3) by Amanda Hocking Innocent in Las Vegas (Tiffany Black Mysteries #1) by A.R. Winters The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods., #1) by Tera Lynn Childs

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

I'm going to offer a suggestion here to make finding reading material from your friends easier. It's what I usually do.

I pull down books that I think that I might want to read in the month, then plug their title into GR. The book will pop up, and show how many of your friends have read the book or have it listed in their TBR list. The reason for doing it this way is--well, I personally have over 4k books that I've READ on my bookshelves. That's over 140 pages worth of books. I don't want to go through that many books, and I certainly don't expect you all to do it either.

Just trying to make your lives easier in September.

message 10: by Rachel (last edited Sep 23, 2015 02:05PM) (new)

Rachel | 192 comments I haven't done a challenge here in forever, but this one is my favorite so I have to jump back in! I don't know how many I'll get, but it will be fun to try :)

5/10

Sandra - Wicked as They Come 9/9
Dee - Tempted 9/5
Tom - Serpent's Kiss
Mich - Burn for Me 9/13
Jen - Born of Night 9/17
Lauren - Dark Awakening 9/20
I'll add more if I manage to get through these

message 11: by Nidhi (last edited Aug 26, 2015 05:48AM) (new)

Nidhi Bhatt | 22 comments I want to try this too. I am new to challenges, but I would love the thrill to complete the books in September.

So first I ask my friends about which book they and I have in common on our tbr list and then check for Library availability?

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Nidhi, you don't have to ask your friends which books you have in common. Just check their bookshelves. Then check your library. Or check your library first, make a list, then check and see which of your friends have that book on their shelves--and it's ANY book on their shelf. Read or TBR, not just TBR.

message 13: by Amy (last edited Sep 30, 2015 07:43AM) (new)

Amy | 0 comments Completed: 9/10

1. Necro-- Marked
2. Alison -- Scarlet
3. Bella -- School Spirits
4. Sarah G. -- The Iron Duke
5. Elizabeth -- Vampire Kisses
6. Elyse --The Haunting of Hill House
7. Katherine -- Pure
8. Amanda -- Tiger Lily
9. Sarah -- The Summoning

The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber School Spirits (School Spirits, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast The Haunting of Hill House  by Shirley Jackson Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 14: by Nidhi (last edited Aug 27, 2015 08:23AM) (new)

Nidhi Bhatt | 22 comments Oh I am to go through the tbr lists of all participants and then go select books which I want to read and make a list of 10 book myself? or is this a buddy-read and I have to ask the people to read that book with me?

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 192 comments If I remember right, you don't need to do a buddy-read. Think of it as taking inspiration from a friend's tbr list. You don't even have to tell them! It's also a great opportunity to make new friends on GR and to try some new books that your friends enjoyed.

I'm open for adds! This is my fav challenge in this group!

message 16: by Nicole (last edited Sep 11, 2015 08:09AM) (new)

Nicole (nike13) | 5 comments This sounds fun, I'm in for 5 though cause..well I only have 4 books done this month so trying to be a bit more realistic.

1/5

✔1. *Rachael* - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - Complete 09/11/15
2. Sherry (bogiewine) - 1984 by George Orwell
3. Jenny - Graceling by Kristin Cashore

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey 1984 by George Orwell Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

message 17: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Actually, you don't even have to stick to the TBR list. I don't have any books in my TBR (I'm too lazy, and, well, my TBR pile rather resembles a mountain range--and that's just the dead tree books. I have a Nook AND a Kindle, and have multiple thousand books on both--and they are different titles too.) All you need to do is see if the book you want to read is on your friends bookshelf--tbr, already read, I wish I could find, whatever. :o)

message 19: by Kristin (last edited Sep 07, 2015 08:02PM) (new)

Kristin (kristinalyse) | 10 comments I'm in!
September Challenge
1/10 Read

1. Night Magic by Jennifer Lyon. Friend: Debi
2. Smoke on the Water by Lori Handeland. 9/7 ★★★★
Friend: Lillian
3. Visions of Heat By Nalini Singh. Friend: Vannessa
4. Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews. Friend: Sophie
5. Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh. Friend: Vannessa
6. Transcendence by Shay Savage. Friend: Penny
7. The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston. Friend: Angela Dossett
8. The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston. Friend: Arianna
9. Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews. Friend: Sophie
10. Blue Moon by Lori Handeland. Friend: Angela Dosett

Night Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #3) by Jennifer Lyon Smoke on the Water (Sisters of the Craft, #3) by Lori Handeland Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Transcendence by Shay Savage The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) by Lori Handeland

message 20: by Felicia (Ferishia) (last edited Sep 05, 2015 05:38PM) (new)

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 385 comments I've read the Magic series by Andrews (as well as the Edge series). I've really enjoyed them all. The writing is great and the characters seem real.

message 22: by Maulin (last edited Sep 14, 2015 03:59AM) (new)

Maulin Amin | 3 comments Just one question before I begin: do the books I read for this challenge need to belong to the genre of Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy only?

Completed: 3/10

1. Paper Towns (Friend: Michele Wesley)
2. Miss Wrong and Mr Right (Friend: Tina Graves)
3. The Supernatural Enhancements
4. BITTEN - The Prolegomenon (Friend: Dharasindhu)

message 23: by Alison (Lady Coffin) (last edited Aug 31, 2015 05:10PM) (new)

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 184 comments Maulin wrote: "Just one question before I begin: do the books I read for this challenge need to belong to the genre of Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy only?
..."

Maulin you have some leeway in the genre on a few of the books.

From the Monthly Reading Challenges > August 2015 Challenge
message 77: by Ann aka Iftcan Aug 24, 2015 07:00PM
Ann aka Iftcan wrote:" ...And you are allowed up to 3 non-genre (meaning anything that isn't PNR and/or UF)..."

message 24: by Maulin (new)

Maulin Amin | 3 comments Alison wrote: "Maulin wrote: "Just one question before I begin: do the books I read for this challenge need to belong to the genre of Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy only?
..."

Maulin you have some leeway in ..."

Thank you...will do the needful.

message 25: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments September Challenge - Reading with friends
1/??

1. Eternal Captive by Laura Wright (Chelsea [Vampire Book Club]) 01/09/2015 ★★★★

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) by Laura Wright

message 26: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (last edited Sep 03, 2015 12:26PM) (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments I'm in!

September Challenge
Completed: 0/10

1. Everneath by Brodi Ashton FRIEND: harlequin
2. Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh FRIEND: Cmkage
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas FRIEND: Dona
4. Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning FRIEND: Rachel E. Carter
5. When Strangers Marry by Lisa Kleypas FRIEND: Sherrie
6. Lord's Fall by Thea Harrison FRIEND: Cupcakes
7. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer FRIEND: Rose
8. Rule's Obsession by Lynda Chance FRIEND: Chalklate
9. How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries FRIEND: Fofo

Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5) by Thea Harrison Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Rule's Obsession (The House of Rule, #1) by Lynda Chance How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3) by Sabrina Jeffries

Backups/Alternates:

1. The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke FRIEND: Elle
2. Forbidden by Susan Johnson FRIEND: Barbara --OR--
3. Wicked by Susan Johnson FRIEND: Barbara

The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke Forbidden (Braddock-Black, #3) by Susan Johnson Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2) by Susan Johnson

message 27: by Danielle (last edited Sep 24, 2015 06:27AM) (new)

Danielle | 51 comments I'm in, with a complete list at last

Read 10/10

1. Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian FRIEND Annie ✔️
2. Gilded Wings by Cameo Renae FRIEND Amber ✔️
3. Shaded Vision by Yasmine Galenorn FRIEND Suzanne ✔️
4. Iced by Karen Marie Moning FRIEND Annie ✔️
5. Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley FRIEND Desiree ✔️
6. Elemental Shadows by Phaedra Waldon FRIEND Iris ✔️
7. Crimson Wind by Diana Pharaoh Francis FRIEND Allison ✔️
8. Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch FRIEND Daffodil ✔️
9. Elemental Moon by Phaedra Weldon FRIEND Iris ✔️
10. Elemental Flame by Phaedra Weldon FRIEND Iris ✔️

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 386 comments PNR & UF - September 2015 - Reading with Friends

1/10

1)
Shelley aka Gizmo - Mayhem by Sarah Pinborough - 3rd September
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Epic fail the last 2 months, so I'm determined to get at least 3 done this month.

message 29: by Aminko (last edited Sep 15, 2015 07:03PM) (new)

Aminko | 48 comments Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
September 2015

Read: 1/10

1. Rio - Danielle 9/15 ★★★
2. One Foot in the Grave - Joyce
3. Entwined - Karla
4. Night Unbound - Irene
5. Feral Sins - Melanie
6. Burning Up Flint - Jane Stewart
7. Her Perfect Mate - Alison
8. Hell & High Water - Shannon
9. Serpent's Kiss - Ashley
10. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night - Jane (PS)

Rio (Tales of the Shareem, #2) by Allyson James One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) by Elisabeth Naughton Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5) by Dianne Duvall Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1) by Laurann Dohner Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops, #1) by Paige Tyler Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1) by Charlie Cochet Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3) by Thea Harrison Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole

message 30: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 48 comments Charlotte (Buried in Books) wrote: "PNR & UF - September 2015 - Reading with Friends

1/10

1) Shelley aka Gizmo - Mayhem by Sarah Pinborough - 3rd September
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Epic fail the ..."

Good luck!!

message 31: by Belkis (last edited Sep 25, 2015 08:07PM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments September Reading With Friends

10/10 Read DONE!

1.Capturing Cara Carrie - 9/4 ★★★
2.Ink and Bone Melissa - 9/14 ★★★★
3.The Wrath and the Dawn Tracy - 9/25 ★★★.5
4.Wray Cindy - 9/12 ★★★★
5.Queen of Shadows Ash - 9/6 ★★★★★
6.Midnight Thief Nicole - 9/6 ★★★
7.Darken the Stars Donna - 9/11 ★★★★★
8.That Baby Tiana - 9/16 ★★★★
9.The Crimson Crown Kristen - 9/23 ★★★★
10.Never Never Margie - 9/13 ★★★★
Capturing Cara (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #2) by S.E. Smith Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Wray (Tornians, #2) by M.K. Eidem Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1) by Livia Blackburne Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3) by Amy A. Bartol That Baby (That Boy, #3) by Jillian Dodd The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 32: by Irene (last edited Sep 08, 2015 12:58AM) (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments September Challenge - Reading with friends
4/??

1. Eternal Captive by Laura Wright (Chelsea [Vampire Book Club]) 01/09/2015 ★★★★
2. The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper (Aurora B) 04/09/2015 ★★★★
3. To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe (Danielle The Book Huntress) 06/09/2015 ★★★
4. A Night Like This by Julia Quinn (Katrina Passick Lumsden) 07/09/2015 ★★★★

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) by Laura Wright The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #2) by Julia Quinn

message 33: by Jessica (last edited Sep 08, 2015 01:51AM) (new)

Jessica Bair-Epps | 725 comments 1/10

1. Pamela - Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong 9/7
2.Whitney - Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
3. Alison S - City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
4. The Flooze - Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire
5. Steph Ann - The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire
6. Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews - Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong

Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7) by Seanan McGuire The Winter Long (October Daye, #8) by Seanan McGuire Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

message 34: by Nidhi (last edited Oct 02, 2015 02:35AM) (new)

Nidhi Bhatt | 22 comments September Reading with friends Challenge

Completed: 4/5

1.Anna and the French Kiss Stephanie Perkins - Sonia***12/09/2015***
2. Dreams of Gods and Monsters byLaini Taylor - Kat Kennedy***16/09/2015***
3.World After by Susan Ee - Nevassa **27/09/2015**
4.Bared to You by Sylvia Day - Rosy
5.Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella - Tonya***12/09/2015***

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

I hope I am able to complete this challenge! Good luck to me!

message 35: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 15, 2015 06:12AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 61 comments Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
September 2015
Duration:
9/1/2015 - 9/30/2015

Progress: 2 out of 10

1. Laura: House Rules by Jodi Picoult - **** - 9/1/2015 - 532 Pages
2. Jeann (Happy Indulgence): Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness - ***** - 9/7/2015

House Rules by Jodi Picoult Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness

message 36: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments September Challenge
Completed: 2/10

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas FRIEND: Dona
8. Rule's Obsession by Lynda Chance FRIEND: Chalklate 9/07/15 ★★★★
9. How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries FRIEND: Fofo 9/04/15 ★★★★1/2

Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5) by Thea Harrison Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Rule's Obsession (The House of Rule, #1) by Lynda Chance How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3) by Sabrina Jeffries

Backups/Alternates:

The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke Forbidden (Braddock-Black, #3) by Susan Johnson Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2) by Susan Johnson

message 37: by Irene (new)

5/??

2. The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper (Aurora B) 04/09/2015 ★★★★
3. To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe (Danielle The Book Huntress) 06/09/2015 ★★★
5. A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare (Karyn Gerrard) 11/09/2015 ★★★

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) by Laura Wright The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #2) by Julia Quinn A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare

message 38: by Felicia (Ferishia) (last edited Sep 12, 2015 06:13PM) (new)

message 39: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments September Challenge
Completed: 3/10

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas FRIEND: Dona 9/13/15 ★★★1/2
8. Rule's Obsession by Lynda Chance FRIEND: Chalklate 9/07/15 ★★★★
9. How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries FRIEND: Fofo 9/04/15 ★★★★1/2

Backups/Alternates:

message 40: by Irene (last edited Sep 14, 2015 02:23AM) (new)

7/10

6. The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton (Kimiko Alexandre) 12/09/2015 ★★★★
7. Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton (Lavender Brooke) 13/09/2015 ★★★★
8. The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton (Angie Lisle)

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) by Laura Wright The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #2) by Julia Quinn A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 41: by Irene (last edited Sep 19, 2015 01:43AM) (new)

8/10

6. The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton (Kimiko Alexandre) 12/09/2015 ★★★★
7. Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton (Lavender Brooke) 13/09/2015 ★★★★
8. The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton (Angie Lisle) 17/09/2015 ★★★
9. Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton (Ivana Azap)

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) by Laura Wright The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #2) by Julia Quinn A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Bair-Epps | 725 comments 2/10

1. Pamela - Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong 9/7
2.Whitney - Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
3. Alison S - City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
4. The Flooze - Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire
5. Steph Ann - The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire
6. Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews - Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong 9/19

Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7) by Seanan McGuire The Winter Long (October Daye, #8) by Seanan McGuire Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

message 43: by Irene (new)

10/10 DONE

8. The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton (Angie Lisle) 17/09/2015 ★★★
9. Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton (Ivana Azap) 19/09/2015 ★★★★
10. The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton (Jennifer) 20/09/2015 ★★★★

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3) by Laura Wright The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) by Molly Harper To Catch a Rogue by Amanda McCabe A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #2) by Julia Quinn A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 44: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) So you loving some Anita Blake, Irene?

message 45: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments Cindi wrote: "So you loving some Anita Blake, Irene?"

Can't say that I'm over the top about it, but it's interesting. And she finally hooked up with Jean-Claude ;) Poor Richard, but she had no future with him LOL

message 46: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt | 22 comments Cool Irene! You read all the 10 books within 20 days! Go girl add five more :P

message 47: by Tina (new)

Tina Pegar (rainingdaisy) | 149 comments Completed: 5/10

1. Danielle - On the Edge by Ilona Andrews or Soulless by Gail Carriger or Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2. Cheryl Grinds - Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep Currently Reading
3. Ami - Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion #2) by Aimee Carter September 8th
4. Vicki (my aunt who sin't on Goodreads) - The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
5. Mary Mooney - White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout September 13th
6. Sandi - Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner September 4th
7. Alison S - Paper Towns by John Green or Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
8. Christine - Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs
9. Sara Hartke - Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera #1) by Jim Butcher September 21st
10. Kirsty - After the End by Amy Plum September 4

message 48: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments Cindi wrote: "So you loving some Anita Blake, Irene?"

I am finishing Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton and I hope it gets better in the next book, because all the raping doesn't endear this series to me :(

message 49: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 51 comments Challenge Complete

message 50: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Irene--it's not going to get any better. That's the last of the Anita books where the story is the important part of the book. I read another 2 books after it, and it just got worse and worse, so I quit reading them. But I do love the early books in the series, and so I just pretend like LKH's evil identical twin sister killed her off and took over her life and series, so the later books have nothing to do with the "real" Anita. But that's just my opinion. The Meridith Gentry series, which she started at about the same time starts out with the porn, so I didn't mind that as much as I did the Anita change.

« previous 1