Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Books & Reading > Would you change any of Linda Howard's books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments We all have our favorite Linda Howard books, and then there are some that we are not so crazy about. What book would you like see changed and how would you like it changed?

message 2: by Dee (last edited Aug 28, 2015 02:00AM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I loved White Lies except at the very end. I think the climax was very abrupt. I would have liked to actually liked to have read about the shoot out between Lucas and Piggot instead of they prepare for it and the next scene is Lucas breaks into Jay's apartment and tells her about it. That was really a let down, and that dropped the story from a 4 or 5 star rating to just a 2.5.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 69 comments Death Angel is one of my favourite LH books. This book is full of angst and imo has one of LH's most erotic sex scenes (when they first come together). Just love Simon and Drea love story but the ending is too abrupt. After all that they have been through, the reader desperately needs an epilogue where they can read about Simon and Drea living in domestic bliss somewhere in a nice, coastal town.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1606 comments Come Lie with Me is my least favorite Linda Howard book. I would change the heroine, Dione, to make her less of a doormat and the Hero, Blake, to make his less of a selfish SOB. I would give him some vision of what life is like for those who suffer physical disabilities that can't be recovered from.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Oh, how I would love to change Sarah's Child. I'd give Sarah a spine and have her walk away from the selfish and narcissistic Rome.
Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1) by Linda Howard

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I agree with you Jonetta. I can't see someone staying when all he refuses to accept his child.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Ice I would have at least added an epilogue. The book was too short. Ended abruptly and no real time spent developing the romance.

Cover of Night was another that the romance suffered in my opinion. No real back story on the hero and it ended too quickly.

I liked both books but I felt there was room for improvement.

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Kalthoff (wkalthoff) | 132 comments Heartbreaker I did not like.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments What didn't you like about Heartbreaker, Wendy? and What would you have changed?