8K Literacy discussion

Reading Journal > Journal Response Week 2

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin White | 6 comments Mod
Please complete your journal response using five starting sentences from your readers journal prompts. You can find the readers journal prompts in the photos tab on the right.

message 2: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell | 9 comments last breath:

prediction and prior knowledge:
while i was reading today i found my self thinking about my self at the you yang's riding my bike.

questioning:
after reading today, i wonder who did the girl whom was riding the bike in the race first get into racing competitively

text structures and features:
if i was the author of this book i would put more describing words into the text.

visualization:
after reading my book today i was left thinking about riding my bike up a steep hill and struggling to push my self.

summarisation:
What i mainly read today was mainly about a lady who entered a competition in America for bike riding and she was struggling to reach the top of the mountain. She eventually made it to the top and at the end of the day she won the race.

message 3: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell | 9 comments last breath:

prediction and prior knowledge:
while i was reading today i found myself thinking about myself in a swimming pool.

questioning:
after reading today, i wonder how much preparation was put into making that trip possible.

text structures and features:
if i was the author of this book i would put more describing words into the text.

visualization:
after reading today i found myself thinking about myself drowning in the weribee river.

summarisation:
what i read today was mainly about a person who was kayaking down a river and things turn pear shaped. he takes in a deep breath and then tipped upside down and could not get back up. his friends were search for him on the river banks. they then found out that he had drowned.

message 4: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin White | 6 comments Mod
Great work Mitchell!

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen Le | 4 comments book: Paper Towns
Prediction & Prior Knowledge:
To be the author of this book, you would have to know quite a lot about teenage kids, how they think and why they run away.

Questions & Questioning:
i would like to ask the author of my book why he choose to have a unhappy ending rather than a happy ending.

Text Structures & Features:
i know the book i am reading is a adventure and mystery book because Margo's friends had to find clues to find her, and had to travel a lot in the process.

Visualization:
the things that help me make pictures in my head as i read this book are the words that the authors uses.

Summarisation:
this book is mainly about a high school girl who runs away from home and leaves clues behind. her friends track down the clue and find her at a remote location. in the end, she didnt want to return home like planned by her friends, but continue her road trips.