Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
The Night Circus > Final Thoughts on the Night Circus

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Now that you are done... what did you think of this book?

Love it? Hate it???

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I liked this book.. it was beautiful in my mind. At the end though I thought there was going to be some sort of big battle of magic and then nothing. That was a little disappointing.

Sabrina (forebodinq) | 31 comments I really liked how at the end, everything came together and suddenly the whole book made sense.

Kme_17 | 12 comments I definitely agree with Angie the ending was a little bit of let down. However did really enjoy the book.

message 5: by Grace (last edited Sep 04, 2015 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Angie wrote: "I liked this book.. it was beautiful in my mind. At the end though I thought there was going to be some sort of big battle of magic and then nothing. That was a little disappointing."

Interesting... the whole story of the circus was a battle of magic in which the loser would die. Except, in this story the two contestants fall in love and are faced with dilemma. Marco tries to resolve it by immolating himself, except Celia intervenes to stop him. They end up being 'vapourized' in a way. What more could you want?

I loved the book because it didn't have a huge battle like most other books have. The opponents love each other so they try to outdo each other by creating ever more imaginative and incredible tents as love letters to each other.

I thought the ending was perfect. On the other hand, it required a second and third reading for me to really understand what was happening.