Amnesty International BookClub discussion

Readers' choice- vote now!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amnesty (last edited Aug 23, 2015 06:49PM) (new)

Amnesty Bookclub | 222 comments Mod
The November/December book will be chosen by us, the book club members! Here are the nominations, hit reply to vote:

Burmese Lessons: A true love story by Karen Connelly

Sweetness in the Belly by Camilla Gibb

The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North America by Thomas King

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

Annabel by Kathleen Winter

It's a tough choice but please vote by August 31st! If you would like your vote to be confidential please post that and I'll find an alternative method for voting (such as using the polls feature.) Thank you!!

message 2: by Siddhi (new)

Siddhi (siddhijoshi) | 3 comments My vote goes to "A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistry Thank you!

Amnesty wrote: "The November/December book will be chosen by us, the book club members! Here are the nominations, hit reply to vote:

[book:Swee..."

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Fawcett | 5 comments I would be happy to read any of these books, but the one that interests me most is BURMESE LESSONS by Karen Connelly.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 7 comments My vote goes to "Annabel" by Kathleen Winter. Thank you!

message 6: by Myrle (new)

Myrle McIntosh | 3 comments The Inconvenient Indian is absolutely a "must read" for
Amnesty!

Myrle McIntosh

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Jackson | 5 comments I agree - this is a "must read' for all Canadians!!

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Jackson | 5 comments My vote goes to "The Inconvenient Indian".
Thank you!!

Amnesty wrote: "The November/December book will be chosen by us, the book club members! Here are the nominations, hit reply to vote:

[book:Swee..."

message 9: by Amnesty (last edited Aug 26, 2015 11:44PM) (new)

Thank you everyone for voting! It reminds me of how much great fiction and non-fiction is written in Canada. Votes are still being accepted!

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathysensei) | 1 comments 'An Inconvenient Indian' is also my vote. :)

message 11: by Ikram (new)

Ikram Ais | 1 comments My vote goes for Annabel by Kathleen Winter

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (Carol2012) | 1 comments Siddhi wrote: "My vote goes to "A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistry Thank you!

Amnesty wrote: "The November/December book will be chosen by us, the book club members! Here are the nominations, hit reply to vote:..."

"A Fine Balance" is my first choice.

message 13: by Jensenator (new)

Jensenator Rex | 1 comments I have read Annabel and the inconvenient Indian and both were fantastic reads that brought important issues to the forefront and I think that everyone should read the.. I would like to read a fine balance next.

message 14: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin | 2 comments My vote also goes to "A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistry. It's a great read.

message 15: by Amnesty (new)

Well... the votes are in... They were counted from book club members here, as well as other members and the winner is The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North Americaby Thomas King!

I think all of the books look great so let us know if you pick any of them up!