Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Updated Cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Bloch I have recently updated the cover to my book and would like the Goodreads page to reflect the new cover as well. I would appreciate it if you could update the page for me. The Amazon link is:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMV8ZQ8

I also have the image itself which I could upload, but was unsure where to upload it. If that would be easier for you to use, please let me know and I can do that instead.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 14 comments @Justin. It showed the paperback as still the same cover and the kindle as the new one you showed so I changed the kindle only.

message 3: by Micaylah (new)

Micaylah G (micaylah-michelle) | 19 comments Doing a google there is no image to this book other than the one shown. Has the publisher put out a new edition of the paperback? If not, and this is the cover published, you cannot change it for something else.

Please get back to us if this is not the case.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 14 comments The new cover on Amazon is on the kindle edition only and the paperback is the same. I only changed the new cover on the Kindle edition per Amazon. I don't know which Justin was referring to, but I only did the one showing on Amazon. If they don't change the paperback to that other cover then there is nothing to be done.

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin Bloch Thank you for your help. The paperback cover will be changed shortly as well, I'm waiting for Createspace to update Amazon with the newer cover. I didn't realize I'd need to wait for that or else I would have held off on asking for the cover change. Should I start another topic once the paperback cover is updated, or just comment on this thread again?
Thank you again for all of your help.

message 6: by Paula (last edited Aug 23, 2015 01:57PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Undone,

GR does not change covers on published books

An alternate cover edition should be added for each format of the book with the new cover

Edit: Alternate Cover Edition added

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Once a new edition has been added, then use the instructions in msg 4 in the link below to set the default edition

See here for details.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin Bloch Thank you for your help, Paula. I didn't want to change the cover of my book, I only wanted to have the new edition listed as well. Thank you for the link, I have set the new edition as the default.

message 8: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Aug 23, 2015 03:04PM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 14 comments Thank you Paula. I didn't know I was allowed to add another kindle edition. Now I know :)

Thank you for the thread as well. I'm just going to stick to the page numbers from now on :) I do well with updating page numbers. It's simple.