We The Book Dragons discussion

August 2015 Book > August 23 -30 : CHAPTERS 11-16

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

lookingforabura | 27 comments Mod
Hey guys! It's the last part of our August Readalong! How are you liking the book so far? Who are you rooting for?

Share your thoughts on the comment section and let's talk!

message 2: by Biblio-Athena (new)

Biblio-Athena (athraja) | 21 comments I couldn't hold out and finished the book a while back. I really love Mg. Thane. I just couldn't help rooting for him. I really hope that Ceony won't let her discovery about herself at the end of the book make her devalue paper magic further. I think she needs to reallt love the magic, and it's such an amazing power to have. She didn't develop enough faith in it though. Hopefully she does.

I plan to read the sequels, though I'm not in a hurry. I liked the book. It wasn't great but it was good. And that fortune at the end!!! *blush blush*

message 3: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Schneck (booksandwildflowers) That was a rather anticlimactic ending. It felt rushed, especially after the heart portion dragged on for so long. That being said, I do want to know what happens in the rest of the trilogy, so I'll probably read them eventually. I agree with some of the comments in the other thread that I'm not really feeling the love connection between Emery and Ceony either, it seems very one sided and honestly makes Ceony look a little pathetic. Being 100% honest, I think my favorite character in the whole thing was Fennel...

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy It was a fun book, but it felt a little too rushed. Sadly I probably won't finish the series.

message 5: by Alipeli (new)

Alipeli | 1 comments I really enjoyed the story and the world. I just didn't think that the time period chosen by the author added anything to the story, it could have happened in the current time and some of the expressions and phrases would have made better sense. I really liked thane and some of the memories were really interesting but I did feel that the time in the heart was a bit long

lookingforabura | 27 comments Mod
I also finished the book... Hmmm I don't think I will read the next one any time soon... It was an "okay" book. Not that great but bearable.

I just had a hard time liking the characters and connecting to them. And their names were confusing!! Though I liked the whole concept of paper magic. It just got weirder in a not comfortable way! Haha. It's creative but not properly written/executed.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (chriswalsh) | 6 comments I liked the book, but struggled with the heart (I thought it was a good concept but very drawn out), more time spent on other areas of the book would have been good. I sometimes find an authors 1st book to be slightly sloppy compared to later work so I will finish the series

message 8: by Shahanna (new)

Shahanna (smaenjelle) | 3 comments I've been reading this book for so long now, i think Magician Thane would've died by now! Oh no.

message 9: by Shahanna (new)

Shahanna (smaenjelle) | 3 comments The thing that bothers me most about this book is Ceony and Magician Thane weren't given enough scenes to fall in love for me to fall in love with them.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Chapman (mary_chapman) | 17 comments I thought the concepts were good but the writing un-polished. It read like fan fiction and more editing was desperately needed. I won't continue the series. This was the world's okayest book. Haha

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary Chapman (mary_chapman) | 17 comments I thought the concepts were good but the writing un-polished. It read like fan fiction and more editing was desperately needed. I won't continue the series. This was the world's okayest book. Haha

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam I like the book. I think the concepts are really intriguing. The only thing I don't like is the pace. I thought things happened to quickly at the start and then the heart but dragged on too much. I'm hoping there's more explanations in the next book and more of the 2 of them together!

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam I like the book. I think the concepts are really intriguing. The only thing I don't like is the pace. I thought things happened to quickly at the start and then the heart but dragged on too much. I'm hoping there's more explanations in the next book and more of the 2 of them together!

message 14: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (curlywiggles) This is the worst book I've read all year. I was so excited about the premise of the story and it was so poorly executed & I'm massively disappointed. I won't be reading the rest of the series. I liked Thane but the book wasn't long enough to develop any of the characters fully. And I agree with others about the romance, not feeling it & it's really not even needed.

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Brown (sprinkledwithwords) | 1 comments I really enjoyed the book, although, like some others, I felt that some of the heart-chamber sections dragged on for slightly too long. However, I loved Emery, Ceony and Fennel and I just adored the art of paper magic so I really liked the concept and then the action aspects of the book; I also felt like it was the right kind of length, and I'll probably read the other two in the series. It's not the best fantasy novel I've ever read, but it was still enjoyable and a find way to spend time. :)

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary Chapman (mary_chapman) | 17 comments Katarina- what do you mean the author gives it away at the end?

message 17: by Ginni (new)

Ginni (thebookmummy) | 2 comments This book as others said wasn't great, but I do plan on reading the rest of the trilogy. It was good however. So glad that Ceony got through. But it is quite possible that Lira is still out there. I love that Ceony is a ginger too. Really would like to see how the story plays out.