2021 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - Mod Stuff > HELP WANTED: Welcome Committee

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (last edited Aug 31, 2015 08:00PM) (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Hi everyone! We are looking to bring a couple of new people onto our Welcome Committee, and we want to open this opportunity up to everyone in the group to see who is interested.

Current Members: Victoria, Claire, Jacqueline, ReGina, SilverRaindrops
Needed: 2 more
Chosen By: The moderators
Requirements: Active, friendly members. No long-term commitment is required, but you will need to provide notice if you plan to leave the committee.
Responsibilities: Send out welcome messages to new members and monitor the introductions thread to make new posters feel welcome.

If you are interested, please send your answers to the following questions to me via private message by September 15th:
1. Why do you want to be on the welcome committee?
2. What strengths do you think you will bring to the committee?
3. What is your favorite thing about this group?
4. Do you have any experience on a similar committee or as a moderator for another group on Goodreads? If yes, which group and what are/were your responsibilities?
(Please note: Your answer to this question does not necessarily count for or against you, we just want to have a better understanding of your past experience, if any.)
5. Is there anything else we should know about you?

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread, but applications will only be accepted via message.

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I'm extending the deadline to apply until September 15th so that everyone has a chance to see this when the monthly message is sent out.

Sandra (Book Loves) Atueyi (summer1981) | 1 comments hey everyone

message 4: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Hi Sandra! I just saw this comment - sorry I didn't reply faster.

This is a topic specifically for recruitment for one of our volunteer positions. We do have a couple of great chat topics - one where you can introduce yourself and one for chatting about anything and everything. Welcome to the group!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.