UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Kindle Singles

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Vernon | 61 comments I have been reading a lot of these and I found them varying in enjoyment. I will read more but, what I want to know are what are your views on them?

message 2: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Aug 23, 2015 09:26AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh, good thread! Well done, Simon!

I've read a few but not in ages.

I gave up on even looking at them as they seem to be expensive marketing ploys.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22034 comments what exactly are they?

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22034 comments so are you buying a book or a pamphlet or just the first installment of a book?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Jim wrote: "so are you buying a book or a pamphlet or just the first installment of a book?"

Yes.

Rather a cheat, isn't it?

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22034 comments An utter rip off.
I'm struggling to work out what anybody but Amazon gains. I've done the Port Naain Intelligencer, but they're stand alone short stories and once you've paid your 99p you've bought the full story, complete in every way.

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Not sure how these are different from a regular novelette? They seem to be roughly the same length (8-15K), and stories mixed in with memoirs. Very little genre fic, other than Lee Child. I guess we don't get invited. Prices seem to be on a par, maybe a little higher (but as an author I can hardly complain about that!). Going by their sales ranking, they mostly don't sell any better than my own novelettes.

I don't see them as a rip off, but other than gaining an extra unpublicised category, I don't really see the gain either.

message 9: by Louise (new)

Louise Bagshawe | 6 comments Stuart wrote: "I have been reading a lot of these and I found them varying in enjoyment. I will read more but, what I want to know are what are your views on them?"

Hi Sean,

I really like singles. Read a Jack Reacher recently and something on Gawker. They do what they say on the tin, don't they?