2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Cryptonomicon
This topic is about Cryptonomicon
15/Book with 500+ pages > Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kathy It took 3 weeks to read, but I finished. Cryoptonomicon was 910 pages, but it shouldn't even have been 500. Way too much rambling. Better editing was needed.

Anne (librarianguish) | 636 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "It took 3 weeks to read, but I finished. Cryoptonomicon was 910 pages, but it shouldn't even have been 500. Way too much rambling. Better editing was needed."

I read this book a few years ago, and enjoyed it quite a lot. Stephenson does have a habit of writing books that are just a bit too long, however. I read Seveneves a couple of months ago, and it too could have been much shorter. I enjoyed Cryptonomicon more.

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Johansson (dakkster) I'm reading Snow Crash. I like the pace of that and it's about 450 pages. Feels like that's a better pace/page range for him.

Kathy I wrote in my review that it was a really good 400 page story! It is the first Stephenson book I have read. Several of his books have really interesting descriptions, so I will probably try again with something else. Snow Crash is the one I was thinking to try next.