Chat, Eat, and Read discussion

Master Chef

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
Only a few more episodes of the US version this season.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Bye, Bye, Tommy. I am so glad to see him go. Stephen annoys me just as much. Nick seems like a TeddyBear. That party platter was a huge disaster.

message 3: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
I was SO sad to see Tommy go!!! I know you didn't like him, but he grew on me. He was so funny! Well his departure was very *roll eyes* but he was quite the character. Stephen is a frikkin whackjob. I'm not really sure who I'm voting for. I don't even remember everyone who is left. will get back to you on that tomorrow when I watch it =P

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "I was SO sad to see Tommy go!!! I know you didn't like him, but he grew on me. He was so funny! Well his departure was very *roll eyes* but he was quite the character. Stephen is a frikkin whackjob..."

I love how Tommy pranced out of there like he owned the place. And that big bow tie of his??? Oh man. Stephen is a bit high strung to say the least. Holy fuck is he. So these people actually are not chefs, but aspire to be?

I like Claudia, Hetal and Nick. Stephen and Katrina are meh. You know they just don't seem to have the passion. The drummer guy made an amazing dessert. Only a few more episodes left.

message 5: by Lilith (new)

The drummer guy...yes. Derek. I like him. Ok, now I'm remembering the finales. And no wonder I can't think of anyone I want to win! None of them stand out! Yes, they're all home chefs, which to me, is really surprising because a lot of the dishes they present are extremely professional looking...and even the vast kinds of ingredients they work with aren't very home-chefy.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Oh man that egg yolk pasta was hard to make. Bye bye Hetal.

message 7: by Lilith (new)

Master Chef Junior premiering November 6!

message 8: by Deborah (new)

I can't wait!!!

message 9: by Lilith (new)

I think they should have a cooking show in the same format as master chef, but with entirely vegan cooking and baking.

message 10: by Deborah (new)

That is a lovely idea. So many entrees and purely vegan food.

message 11: by Deborah (new)

NO NO NO I cheated and I know who got eliminated this week. Say it isn't so?????? What the hell???

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Pomegranate seeds???

message 13: by Lilith (new)

WHY do you keep cheating!?! How rude! Wasn't it so...touching how Derek cried when he got eliminated?? That was real! Frikkin Stephen making it so far...if HE wins....oh boy....

message 14: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "WHY do you keep cheating!?! How rude! Wasn't it so...touching how Derek cried when he got eliminated?? That was real! Frikkin Stephen making it so far...if HE wins....oh boy...."

You know what it didn't ever air here last night due to a soccer game. I just watched and I yeah it was sweet how Nick teared up. So I think Nick and Claudia are hooking up. There is quite a connection between those two.

Ha my co-worker was watching it at work today and made a big scream and everybody looked at her. I am guessing she was watching the part with Nick making the cake.

message 15: by Lilith (new)

LMAO about your co-worker! I can just imagine!

message 16: by Lilith (new)

Derek, Stephen or Nick?! WHOOOOOOO will it BEEEE?! I just don't know!!!

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Wait, isn't it Claudia, Derek and Stephen? I am stumped. At this point it could be any of them. Something tells me it will be Stephen.

message 18: by Lilith (new)

UGH! you're right!!! It IS Claudia...I remember now, because Derek was crying so much when he left...On second thought, I think Claudia is going to win!!! If Stephen wins....no....just....no....lol

message 19: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "UGH! you're right!!! It IS Claudia...I remember now, because Derek was crying so much when he left...On second thought, I think Claudia is going to win!!! If Stephen wins....no....just....no....lol"
I am watching the semi-finals now. Holy Crap Stephen is on crack. That is funny how he got Tommy as his assistant. It was good to see Hetal and Katrina. How did Claudia forget an octopus. Dang.....

message 20: by Deborah (new)

Wait....Stephen has a girlfriend and kids?? I never would have guessed that.

message 21: by Deborah (last edited Sep 17, 2015 03:18PM) (new)

Ha..a PANICcotta....I just love Graham......

message 22: by Lilith (new)

Deborah wrote: "Wait....Stephen has a girlfriend and kids?? I never would have guessed that."

Haha! There's someone for everyone! That's what I say! I tried to research more on Stephen to find out about all the drugs I know he's done and his crazy life, but I couldn't find anything! bah!

message 23: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Wait....Stephen has a girlfriend and kids?? I never would have guessed that."

Haha! There's someone for everyone! That's what I say! I tried to research more on Stephen to find ou..."

Maybe they are natural herbs since he is an urban farmer.

message 24: by Lilith (new)

??? are you high?? LOL

message 25: by Lilith (new)

oH!! I GET IT NOW! hAHAHAH!!!

message 26: by Lilith (new)

***Master Chef Junior season premier: November 6***

message 27: by Lilith (new)

Third episode tonight. I find the audition segment a little boring. I just want all the contestants to be picked already!!

Last week was the finale of Master Chef Canada. A vegetarian won!!! A vegetarian!!!! A sweet, red-headed woman named Mary. I have to say I was surprised that she won, but not because she's vegetarian. I found that throughout the competition, she didn't stand out as much as the other chefs and she was always pretty nervous and flustered. But in the end, I think she deserved it!

message 28: by Deborah (new)

I will start watching it and joining the discussions.

message 29: by Lilith (new)

I vote for Andrea to win!

I knew that once Lisa Ann almost burnt Ramsey's face off, she was GONE! Her pleading to stay in the competition was so painful!

Another vegetarian on a cooking show. But with all this meat prep, stabbing a lobster to death, etc, I would think it's slightly hypocritical? Well at that point, just EAT it if you're going to kill it or support it being killed! Lol!

message 30: by Lilith (last edited Mar 18, 2018 06:14AM) (new)

Master Chef Junior season 6 is back! They're up to episode 3 now. It's good so far, but Master Chef U.S. is still my favorite ;)

message 31: by Lilith (new)

Season premier of Master Chef Wednesday, May 30th!

message 32: by Deborah (new)

I’ll try to watch it this time!!

message 33: by Lilith (new)

Good! I need someone to watch it with me, so we could talk about it!

I've been watching Master Chef Canada. It's just not as good...

message 34: by Lilith (last edited May 30, 2019 05:42AM) (new)

Master Chef U.S. premiered last night. It's pretty good so far. Some of the contestants were pretty funny! I wish Graham was one of the judges like the old days...I really liked him. If anyone else is watching it, let me know and we will discuss!