The Hopefuls discussion

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
This topic is about Me Before You
Hopeful Book Club > September 2015 - Me Before You

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (engulfedinstars) | 72 comments HEY HEY HEY!! It's time for another book!! September's book is Me Before you by Jojo Moyes. We start on the 1st and finish on the 26th then from the 26th to the 30th we shall have four days of in depth discussion!! Happy Reading!!

P.S. Not many people really want to participate in the book club anymore and I'm sorry for that but depending on how this one goes it may be the last one unless someone else wants to take over. I'm sorry but I've got lots of stuff going on and I don't really see the point in continuing if no one cares anymore. But I hope you all enjoy this one!!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stecky) | 29 comments That's unfortunate - I don't think it's disinterest, I think a lot of other people are very busy too.

I'd love to do more with this book club, but many of the books haven't been up my ally.

Kristina (chocfreek) Sorry, I've been super busy too and also I'm on a major budget recently so I'm re-reading all my old books (currently on the Anne of Green Gables series for the umpteenth time). I've found some great authors through the book club so please don't be disheartened! Perhaps we could start a roster for organising it so it's not all on you Sophie, you do so much for the group :-)

Stephanie | 1 comments That's such a shame Sophie. I've never managed to join in and read a book in the month before but when I saw this months book I really wanted to read it. I bought it on my kindle on Monday (1 day early!) and started reading it and it immediately sucked me in which a book hasn't done for months (it's difficult to find time to read now I'm a mum) and I finished it today! I won't give anything away about the story but I can't wait for the sequel to come out! How much work does running he book club require? I'm happy to help out in any way but I won't be able to dedicate a ton of time to it x

Bethan Edlin | 14 comments I'm on chapter 12 and I have this terrible awful feeling that I've guessed the ending to the book and I'm torn between reading through the night to see if somehow I'm wrong or locking the book away so I don't cry :( Also, sorry I've not read some of the book club books for awhile. I'm grateful for all the work you've done Sophie and of course I hope you don't feel pressured to keep the book club going if you don't have time, I'm sure we'll be able to set up a way where the book club could still continue and if not, thank you for being a brilliant organiser :) x

Traci | 5 comments Hi, I am new to the group. In fact, I found it because of the post on the Me Before You book page. I actually just finished reading it over the weekend and really enjoyed it. I look forward to the September discussion!

message 7: by Emilie (new) - added it

Emilie Mules (emiliemooles) | 18 comments I really love this book. At first it took me a while to get into but then I fell in love with the characters and that was it, I couldn't put it down!
I don't know about anyone else but I kind of had the impression at the beginning that Will was never going to change his mind!

Bethan Edlin | 14 comments I literally just this second finished the book and I'm sobbing :(

message 9: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Baker | 1 comments Read it and loved every minute of it. Didn't want it to end. Got the sequel ready to read for booktober can't wait

Emily (cookies1234) | 3 comments I adored this book, and it left me a sobbing wreck! The story was so absorbing, the characters felt like real people, and I loved how both Lou and Will grew as people from knowing each other. Plus there's nothing better than a bit of British snark!

I did a full (spoiler-free) review of this book on my BookTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWB8V...

Traci | 5 comments So has anyone read After You yet? I bought it and it is currently sitting on my bookshelf. I'm working up my nerve to read it :)

Bethan Edlin | 14 comments I bought After You the other week but I'm too scared to read it! Me Before You left me a wreck! :( XD