The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1347 comments I'm a Neslson Demille fan. I recently checked out Radiant Angel from the library. I was halfway through when my librarian told me there was a new book by DeMille, so I checked it out. The title is A Quiet End. To my surprise, they're exactly the same book. So my librarian, on her limited budget, has been duped into buying the book twice. What's up? This seems fraudulent to me. Has anyone ever heard of a novel published in English under two titles?

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5458 comments It happens more often than you think. Sometimes it's a difference between a British publisher and an American one; they just feel maybe that the one title doesn't suit the other country's audience. I read The Dark Crusader by Alistair MacLean as a kid, then saw one called The Black Shrike and bought it.. same book.. Or Flight into Danger by Arthur Hailey was also called Runway Zero - Eight.. or Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was sold in the US as Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. It happens a fair bit.. :)