Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
This topic is about Cry Wolf
Book Issues > Cry Wolf Suggestion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle (Danniegurl) (danniegurl4388) | 18 comments I wasn't sure if to put this in series or suggestions but I think an author note should be mentioned in the Cry Wolf series that there is a prequel that should be read prior to reading this book. I was in another group and someone mentioned putting the book on hold to pick up again later and a few of us discussed how we read the book first never knowing there was a prequel and thus reviewing the book poorly. Then later finding out the book had a prequel reading that and then rereading this book. I think it would save a lot of readers time and the author any poor ratings that may be incurred from not reading the prequel. I think back when I read it I'm not sure the prequel came up under the series but I think this may help confusion as it seems very common for this particular book.

Thank you

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs
Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19913 comments The prequel is already part of the series. The recommendation to read the prequel first is also listed in the series description.
You need to go to the series page: https://www.goodreads.com/series/4513...
The series listing on the author page does not have all the information.

Danielle (Danniegurl) (danniegurl4388) | 18 comments Arenda wrote: "The prequel is already part of the series. The recommendation to read the prequel first is also listed in the series description.
You need to go to the series page: https://www.goodreads.com/series..."

Thank you when I read it the prequel wasn't listed. I did see that it was listed as the series, however many people may not go to the series page and instead go directly to cry wolf, my suggestion was just a reminder on cry wolf's description if possible because it does seem like many have missed it in the past. Just was a suggestion though.

message 4: by lethe (last edited Aug 23, 2015 01:19AM) (new)

lethe | 13562 comments I added a sentence to the description of Cry Wolf (I think that's okay? I've seen references to other volumes in descriptions).

message 5: by Amyiw (last edited Aug 23, 2015 11:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amyiw | 1 comments lethe wrote: "I added a sentence to the description of Cry Wolf (I think that's okay? I've seen references to other volumes in descriptions)."

I think that was a good idea. I know people who were a little lost at the beginning of Cry Wolf, not knowing they missed the beginning, essentially.

I changed "On the Prowl" to number 0.5 in order as it is the same story as Alpha & Omega. Also fixed one of the editions which kept the name with 0.4. finally figured it out. It is the same story whether in Kindle, On the Prowl or Shifting Shadows.

Danielle (Danniegurl) (danniegurl4388) | 18 comments lethe wrote: "I added a sentence to the description of Cry Wolf (I think that's okay? I've seen references to other volumes in descriptions)."

Thank you :)