Kenyons Minions discussion

Menyon Assistance > Family Tree Evidence

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Since the family trees are super related (and confusing), how about a thread where as you're reading, you note down what book, what edition, what page and the sentence that shows whose related to who and why.

So for example:
Dream Hunter (2007 St. Martins Paperback)
-pg 2 “He’d died broken and bitter, a shell of a man who’d buried his beloved brother, his son, his wife…”
-pg 4 “A cousin to her (Geary) father, Cosmo Tsiaris had been…”
-pg 5 “I told Eneas that in the event of his death, I would make sure this was given to his daughter. That would be you, yes?”
--She wasn’t going to be Jason.”
-pg 10 “For mom, and for Uncle Theron and Aunt Athena…for Jason.”
-pg 14 “Tory met her first. At 15 and very average in height, Geary’s cousin had…”
--”Geary looked past Tory’s shoulder to find her other cousin, Cynthia joining them (Thia, mother works in a deli in New York)…”
-pg 17 Tory is an orphan
-pg 25 “Fuck off, M’Ordant, he (Arik) snarled, recognizing the voice of his older half brother.”

message 2: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Scrolling through the Q&A's (why can't they be in chronological order?) and found a Dragonbane Q which is important to the Lycaon family tree.

https://www.goodreads.com/questions/5...

Hi Sherri, Dragonbane I an excellent book as usual. My question has to do with King Lycaon, Sebastian and Damos. In Dragonswan Sebastian says that King Lycaon is his Grandfather, Damos Bio (DHC) he states King Lycaon is his great grandfather. Which is it? thank you.

Sherrilyn Kenyon: If by DHC you mean the Companion, I don't know what's in that as I didn't write it. But they refer to Lycaon/Lycantes as Grandfather because they knew him and it's easier than saying "hey, Great-Grandpa." Plus, they never knew their grandfather as he was killed before they were born. So yes, Lycaon is their GGF, but they call him Grandpa as he is the only grandfather they knew. Hugs!

message 3: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments She didn't WRITE it? Wow!

message 4: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Nope, which makes one really wonder where some of the info in it came from as it's incorrect.

message 5: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Yeah, there's a fair amount of information in the Companion that's incorrect. I can't say entirely for sure, but I think that the author (Alethea Kontis) guessed at some of the info, based on what she'd read in the books. And some of it, obviously, did come from SK herself.

I imagine that Carl goes nuts whenever someone asks him on FB or the official site about info in the DHC ... especially since he started answering those questions with, "Sherri didn't write the book ..." XD

message 6: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments I haven't read it but certainly won't now!!!

message 7: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments I read it once but I didn't take it as a DH bible, as it was published before a lot of the later books were released and because of the spoiler for those who may not have read all the previous books, leaves a lot open that people already knew who had read the books. It was entertaining though, with the short stories at the end and I have to admit I actually pictured Nick telling all the info. I thought a lot was quite ironic and sarcastic , especially the rules for the new DHs.

message 8: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Get the flying fudge out of dodge?!?! And this is why I think there should be a ban or something on fans writing up these guides or whatever before the author gets a proper chance to! I mean I still like the DHC book true enough. But for sure it is now going to the left of the actual series for me. :(

message 9: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments I went back to my list and lo and behold! I DID read this one! I rated it 2 stars ...

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea, was just going to come back and say I do believe it did say in one of the earlier pages that it was brought together by Althea Kontis and what not. But I thought she was on SK's team of special folks that have the in's and out's of stuff like that. I know I for sure spoiled myself on finding out Katra was Ash's daughter earlier than I expected for sure from that book.

message 11: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments I think that Kontis was a fellow author who managed to get some material from SK in regards to the DH books, as I vaguely remember seeing a scene or two that was cut from the books. I might get it if it ever goes down in price due to the bits that were actually written by SK. But it would have to go WAY down in price. >.>

message 12: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments What? They are re-selling it at a higher price? Oh my lordy, there is some straight up hungry publishing houses out there. >_<

message 13: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Last I checked, it was still selling for $9.99 on Kindle. I need it to be a LOT cheaper than that before I buy it.

message 14: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ahh, yes the evilness of ebook prices strikes again. I bought the sorta paper/hard back copy(it's softer than a hard back but feels more durable than paper, so not really sure what material it is), when it first came out in the bookstore. Didn't even think about it being digitized if that is the right word.

message 15: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Soft cover?

message 16: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Myst wrote: "Soft cover?"

There is such a thing? O_O

message 17: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments I think I've heard that term before and it describes the cover you describe pretty good. Not a hard cover, not a paperback.

According to wikipedia (*wince* I know, not a valid resource):

"A paperback (also known as softback or softcover) is a type of book characterized by a thick paper or paperboard cover, and often held together with glue rather than stitches or staples. In contrast, hardcover or hardback books are bound with cardboard covered with cloth; although more expensive, hardbacks are more durable."

If the DHC is the book I'm thinking of, it's a more durable version of a paperback.

message 18: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments No probs, wiki and I pretty close. So won't fault you using them. ;)

And hmm...I think it is soft cover then. Do recall the glue binding things together. But doesn't really feel like a cardboard cover to it. Cause I would imagine it could bend pretty well(not that I'd try it), but just doesn't seem as rigid as cardboard either. I'll have to take a pic so you can see it.

message 19: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Well wiki says paperboard not cardboard. So I'm thinking more like really stiff scrapbook paper than cardboard.

message 20: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Peltier family tree from SK's fb feed:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1721923...

message 21: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments OOOOOOOOH! =D

Thanks for sharing that link, Myst!

message 22: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Awesome sauce!!!

message 23: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Ok, some of my Dragonbane notes aren't as complete as they should be (oops), but here's family tree evidence from Dragonbane.

Dragonbane (HC)
-Illarion & Max are bothers (somewhere pg 12-22)
-Max has a son and daughter (pg 31)
-Blaise is Max’s centuries younger brother (pg 46)
-Max’s mom is a Lilit demon (pg 73)
-Bride and Vane have a daughter (pg 87)
-Fury & Angelia have 2 sons - Asher & Ryan (pg 87)
-Jake and Aubie/Aubert are Remi’s nephews (after pg 105)
-Falcyn is another of Max’s brothers (after pg 105)
-Pherus is Lycaon’s son by a slave woman (after pg 105)
-Helena is the wife of Eumon
-Pharell is Helena’s eldest son (arcadian)
-Portheus is Helena’s katagaria son

message 24: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (last edited May 08, 2016 09:28AM) (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Looks good so far. =)

Oh, and just a heads up, there's gonna be more family tree information from Invision. ;)

message 25: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Oh I know ;)

This is 1 thread that I didn't start until after I finished my re-read. So it's really sparse in evidence.

message 26: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Just tried to check my character database to add info for who they're related to, and discovered I had *2* LaShonda's. One is Nick's schoolmate, the other is Tate's wife. Based on the proximity in the database, I think it's from the same book.

message 27: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Hmmmm .... they are the same character, but LaShonda's only appearance on the DH side is in Dream Chaser, when Tate talks about her to Simone.

But on her character page on the official site, it is mentioned under "fun facts" that she ends up marrying Tate. =)
http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/charac...

And LaShonda is mentioned on Tate's character page as "significant other".

message 28: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Well we also now have 2 Elise's. One is Nathan's sister, the other is Maggie's (Wren's mate) friend.

message 29: by Myst (last edited Sep 11, 2016 08:39AM) (new)

Myst | 734 comments Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon has been skimmed for family tree evidence.

-Selena is Amanda's big sister (3)
-Amanda has 8 older sisters (4)
-Selena's husband is Bill (4)
-Grace has a boy (Niklos) and pregnant with another (5)
-Grace is married to Julien (5)
-Julien has a brother (Priapus) (5)
-Amanda is a twin to Tabitha (6)
-Tiyana is another of Amanda's sisters (10)
-Julien's step father is Hephaestus (66-67)
-Grace has a daughter (Vanessa) (66)
-Julien's mom is Aphrodite (67)
-Vanessa and Nicklos are twins (68)
-Grace is pregnant with a boy (70)
-Julien had a boy (Atolycus) and girl before he was cursed (73)
-Callista was Julian's daughter, Penelope was his wife (74)
-Kyrian was married to Theone (75)
-Apollo and a nymph created the first 4 Apollites (86)
-Apollo and Ryssa had a boy (86)
-Kyrian's dad was Alkis (96)
-Rosa has a son (Miguel) (121)
-Amanda's grandmother talked to dead people (130)
-Tabitha's middle name is Lane (132)
-Amanda's mom's people are from Romania, dads people are backwoods cajuns (138)
-Kyrian had 3 sisters, Althea (youngest), Diana (2 years older than K), Phaedra (1 year younger than K) (142)
-Diana named her first son after Kyrian (142)
-Zetes is Kyrian's uncle (158)
-Talon had a sister (195)
-Esmerelda (Essie) is one of Amanda's older sisters (234)
-Bacchus and an Apollite lady are Desiderius's parents (249)
-Amanda has an Aunt Xenobia (303)

message 30: by Myst (last edited Aug 04, 2017 10:25AM) (new)

Myst | 734 comments Pretty sure I've got more family tree evidence around somewhere, but for the moment, here's SPOILERS Dragonsworn info.

-Falcyn had a son named Maddor, the mother was an Adoni sorceress named Igraine, Igraine has been married twice before (3)
-Aimee just had twins, a son and daughter (7)
-Samia is pregnant (7)
-Blaise is Falcyn's grandson (23)
-Anir is King Arthur's son who is a gargoyle (42)
-Falcyn's mom is Lilith (43)

Interesting...doing a search for Lilith or Lilit and I found this for info in Dragonbane:

-Blaise is Max’s centuries younger brother (pg 46)
-Max’s mom is a Lilit demon (pg 73)

I guess they mean brother as in family of choice since we've now learned that Max is a Grand-Uncle not a 'brother'.

-Falcyn's mom is Lilith (43)
-Mordred le Fey is Morgen's son (45)
-Narishka is Igraine's sister (58)
-Blaise's mom was Adoni (63)
-Brogan is Brandor's sister (98)
-Blaise's dad (stepdad?) is Emrys Penmerlin (104)
-Igraine is Morgen's mom (119)
-Morgen's brother is Merlin (119)
-Igraine married Arthur's father (121)
-Falcyn's dad was Noir (124)
-Dagon's dad is Noir and mother is Hekate (160)
-Varian duFey is Kerrigan's son (181) (Nariska's son?)
-Ormarra is Blaise's mom (252)
-Merewyn is Varian's wife (313)
-Seren is Kerrigan's wife, have a son and daughter (314)
-Ash (currently) has 2 sons (330)

message 31: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Actually, Varian duFey is the son of Narishka duFey and Lancelot.

From Varian's profile:

It's also mentioned several times in Knight of Darkness (Varian's book)

message 32: by Cora C (new)

Cora C | 32 comments Falcyn's 'brothers' are in heart, not necessary by blood. Because he took care of them. Is Xyn his blood sister or not?

message 33: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Chiarana wrote: "Falcyn's 'brothers' are in heart, not necessary by blood. Because he took care of them. Is Xyn his blood sister or not?"

Well he did mention that he had a sister with him in the egg. So I would believe so.

message 34: by Cora C (new)

Cora C | 32 comments Yes he says something about his siblings also being born of the egg. But we don't know for sure who are his egg-siblings.

message 35: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Well Max had the same mom (I think), and an Arel dad. I'm sure I've got something about Xyn's heritage somewhere.

As for the Varian thing, this is what the book says:
"Nay, there had been much about Kerrigan's dark powers that few surpassed. And no one could touch the skills of her own treacherous son, Varian duFey."

So if you forget who Kerrigan is, it *could* read that he's Kerrigan's son since they're talking about Kerrigan, then suddenly referring to themselves again.

It's slightly obtuse passages like this that I think a lot of the misunderstandings about whose related where come in.

message 36: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Ok, I'm clearly missing a parent and/or partner in some of these pairings, but here the tree goes...

? + ?? = Nariska, Igraine
-Nariska + ??? = Varian duFey
--Varien duFey + Merewyn

Igraine (married 2 times before Falcyn)
Igraine + Uther Pendragon = Arthur
-Arthur + ? = Anir
Igraine + ? = Morgen
-Morgen + ?? = Mordred leFey
Igraine + Falcyn = Maddor
-Maddor + Ormarra = Blaise

Noir + Lilith = Falcyn

Lilith (or is it one of the lilit demons made from her blood) + Arel dad = Max
Noir + Hekate = Dagon

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Varian's father is Lancelot...

And where is Beau on this list?

message 38: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Neona wrote: "Varian's father is Lancelot...

And where is Beau on this list?"

This list is only the info from Dragonsworn. I need to get my hands (back) on the LoA books to jot down family info. I didn't see anything about who he's related to; he popped in for a scene then was gone.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Beau is Varian's adopted son

message 40: by Cora C (last edited Aug 04, 2017 09:13PM) (new)

Cora C | 32 comments Myst wrote: "Lilith (or is it one of the lilit demons made from her blood) + Arel dad = Max"

I don't think Lilith is Max's mother. We don't really know so much about lilit mothers but Falcyn said something about them like there are numerous of them, not only one mother.

About Max again, Shadow has similar physical features says Falcyn and he's Adidiron son, who is himself an Arel/Nasaru. So, could Adidiron be Max' father?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Most likely

message 42: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Ok, Dragonbane notes. (Clearly I didn't do enough notations for where I found some info. I don't even have the names of Max's kids >.< I need to revisit Dragonbane at some point...)

-2015, Aimee is pregnant (12)
-Illarian and Max are brothers (somewhere between pg 12 and 22)
-Max had a son and daughter with Seraphina (pg 23-31)
-Edilyn was Illarion's mate (pg 52-79)
-Max's mom is a lilit demon (pg 73)
-After Lilit made the mistake of seducing a god and becoming pregnant, his (father's goddess wife) cursed her and all her kind to never birth a live child, or to carry a fetus in their womb, instead they were to lay eggs and have serpant kids, so the first race of dragons is born (75)

I'm still confused...Max's dad is an Arel, so based on what we learn in Dragonsworn, how could Max's dad be an Arel *and* be Noir? Unless Lilit(h) are like some animals who carry multiple males sperm inside of them and the babies are half siblings...

-Bride and Vane have a daughter, Trinity (87)
-Fury and Angelia have 2 boys, Asher (older) and Ryan (87)
-Pherus is Lycon's son by a slave woman (between 105 and 295)
-Helena is the wife of Eumon
-Pharell is Helena's eldest son
Porheus is Helena's younger son

message 43: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Dragonmark

-Falcyn has brothers and sisters (4)
-Illy's dad is Ares, Max's is an Arel (5)
-Edilyn Ferch Iago has a half brother (Virag) (pg 6-7)
-Virag is a Kikimora (8)- immortal nightmare spirit (11)
-Virag is older than Edilyn (8)
-Edilyyn's mom was a kikimora (9)
-Illy has an older sis, Xyn (pg 85)
-Sevira ferch Vyggo aka Sevira Feythhed is Edilyn's mom (126)
-Morvyth is Kynon's wife (141), daughter of Arthur's brother in law Urien (141)
-Urien married Morgen leFey (141)
-Clydno Eiddin is Kynen's dad (141)
-Hekate is Dagon's mom (145)
-Bracken is Cade's uncle (209)
-Wren and Maggie have a daughter (271)

message 44: by Marie (last edited Aug 06, 2017 02:55PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Myst wrote: "Ok, Dragonbane notes. (Clearly I didn't do enough notations for where I found some info. I don't even have the names of Max's kids >.< I need to revisit Dragonbane at some point...)

-2015, Aimee i..."

Max's dad isn't Noir. I know that Falcyn says Azura cursed Lilith because she seduced Noir and that Max previously said Azura cursed the lilit demons because Max's mother slept with her Arel husband, but that doesn't mean we're taking about the same curse or the same husband or even that either Max or Falcyn have all the information. Hell, Max probably got his information from Falcyn, who probably said something like "Azura's husband cheated on her and the lilit demons were cursed for it" which is true enough even if it's not the whole truth and doesn't specify which of Azura's husbands.

And Falcyn probably got his information from Lilith herself, who is definitely not a reliable source in my book.

message 45: by Cora C (last edited Aug 06, 2017 03:05PM) (new)

Cora C | 32 comments As I already said : Falcyn's 'brothers' are in heart, not necessary by blood. Because he took care of them.
Same with a lot of characters in SK's series in general. You often can read someone calling another 'brother' even if they aren't related at all.

message 46: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Yeah, I know. I was talking about how the two descriptions of Azura cursing the lilit made it sound like Noir and Azura's Arel husband are one in the same, not about anyone calling anybody "brother"

message 47: by Cora C (new)

Cora C | 32 comments What Arel husband? I remember reading about Noir being her husband but I don't remember anything about an Arel one.

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 06, 2017 08:40PM) (new)

it's probably something that wasn't really explained but Azura could have been married before Noir or she had more than one husband at one point.

it's not like she was faithful to Noir (romanticly) anyways...

message 49: by Marie (last edited Aug 06, 2017 09:25PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Well, the crucial details were scattered over the last three Dragon-themed books.

Dragonbane: He (Maxis) was truly born from the forbidden coupling of a lilit mother and an arel father... After Lilit made the mistake of seducing a god and becoming pregnant with his child, his goddess wife cursed her and all her kind to never birth a live child, or to carry a fetus in their wombs. - Kessar

Dragonmark: The original curse placed on our mother by Azura that damned the lilitu to only birth dragon children … - Illarion

Dragonsworn: (view spoiler)

Which was a really drawn out way for the author to reveal that (view spoiler)

message 50: by Myst (new)

Myst | 734 comments Could Noir be the one who created the Arels? That could explain how Max's dad is an Arel, yet Noir still be linked.

We don't really know much about the Arels.

« previous 1