Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Medieval novella beta needed

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Aug 22, 2015 04:07PM) (new)

David Soper | 18 comments I am seeking a BR interested in Historical Romance

The Year is 1225 AD

Elizabeth, who should know better, finds herself alone in the woods. She is accosted by three ruffians with evil intentions.

What happens next is revealed in this delightful historical romance set on the Scottish-British border in early medieval days.

You will meet Sir Paul McLeod, son of the legendary Knight Sir John McLeod. Here's a hint. . . .he has a significant role to play.

Follow this couple struggling to achieve their special destiny.

The book is a novella of about 18,000 words.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Umbaugh | 384 comments Hi,

Sounds like a solid plot! I am willing to take a look to see if we are a fit. Please check out my site, https://thewritersreader.wordpress.com for my publishing credentials and services. Then, email me at sharonumbaugh@gmail.com to send me a sample.

Thanks,
SU

message 3: by David (new)

David Soper | 18 comments What are your rates for an 18000 historical romance novella?

Beta Reader at this point.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 15 comments Your novella sounds like something I'd be interested in taking on. I'm a fan of Ellis Peters and her Brother Cadfael novels, and I've done some academic work in Medieval Studies. How soon do you need your betas to report back? I've got a couple or three reading commitments lined up now, but if you can wait till the third week in September, I could do something for you.

message 5: by David (new)

David Soper | 18 comments Hi, Kathy, Thanks for your interest. Yes, I can wait. Please send me your email address and I will send you the book either in .com or .pdf form.

Kathy wrote: "Your novella sounds like something I'd be interested in taking on. I'm a fan of Ellis Peters and her Brother Cadfael novels, and I've done some academic work in Medieval Studies. How soon do you ..."

Kathy wrote: "Your novella sounds like something I'd be interested in taking on. I'm a fan of Ellis Peters and her Brother Cadfael novels, and I've done some academic work in Medieval Studies. How soon do you ..."

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 15 comments Hi, David, there's some way to pass along email addresses and so forth in private messages here on Goodreads, but I haven't been active long enough to know how to start the process. If you know, message me and I'll get you my writer contact info.

message 7: by David (new)

David Soper | 18 comments Sorry, I am a newby here myself. My address is davidsoper@comcast.net. Email me and I can reply with book.

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 15 comments All right. BTW, the address I'll be writing from is under my pen name of Catrin Lewis.

message 9: by David (new)

David Soper | 18 comments Great, obvously I'm not Lorna Benson, either.

message 10: by Imani (new)

Imani (ImaniLanai) | 29 comments Hi David! I'll be willing to beta read your manuscript for you at no charge! I'll shoot you an email.