Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Hey Everyone!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 9 comments I would like to invite whoever is reading this to talk about their current writing projects! Please comment!

message 2: by David (new)

David Hovland | 2 comments I'm writing about a particular theory of art ... "optimal complexity." If an artwork is not complex enough, it may be "boring" - but if it's too complex, it could be "confusing." It is surprising how well good artists manage to stay near the important 'middle.' I think the writing may reach book length.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 9 comments Wow! That sounds super cool and I completley agree with the too confusing and boring theory. I am working on my book trilogy currently!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Well. I'm writing a heroes and villains stories.

INSPIRED BY:
The Avengers 1
Thor 2: The Dark World

message 5: by Sierra (new)

Sierra  Nihil (sierra_nihil) Sounds cool. Similar to Julia I am working on a trilogy, as well as writing a series of shorts collectively entitled Seven. I am also in the process of writing a short screen play for my own home made film.

message 6: by JG (new)

JG Weiss (jgweiss) | 5 comments I have a couple of works in progress, but the most current one that I was working on is my first try at a mystery/psychological drama, which so far isn't as mysterious or dramatic as I wanted it to be, but I am still in the beginning stages...

I am also trying to work on an outline, or plot idea for nanowrimo!

I'm stuck, though. My creative juices have stopped flowing...

message 7: by David (new)

David O'Neill | 12 comments Monz wrote: "I have a couple of works in progress, but the most current one that I was working on is my first try at a mystery/psychological drama, which so far isn't as mysterious or dramatic as I wanted it to..."

Hi Monz,

Here's an idea to get the old creative juices flowing:

1. Get some post-it notes/paper and on one side write a name and a brief character description. For example: Alberto; blue eyes, 5'9", likes football, drinks G&T only. Do maybe 10 or so.
2. Now do the same for 10 locations on separate post-it, but make them all slightly strange places. For example: the cab a crane driver sits in; in the back of an outside broadcast van at a lawnmower race event, and so on.
3. Pick an emotion and do the same.
4. And finally pick an object you can hold, and do the same.
5. Right, ready? Here goes: Now, keeping each pile separate, close your eyes and pick out a name. This will be the main character who has something done to him/her. Pick another name - that will be the one who you will make the reader think did it. And lastly one more name - this is the person actually did it, and makes for the twist at the end. You can use some of the other character to populate your story. The other post-it notes? Where it happens, what the motive was and what object was used to do the dirty deed.

How does that sound? You can have so much fun with that method, especially if you get friends and family to write out places, objects and so on.

Let me know how you get on.

Dave.

Skye~just Skye~ | 3 comments Hi. My name is Skye. I am writing many different books.

Skye~just Skye~ | 3 comments thanks:)

message 10: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (goodreadscomuser_amarama) | 3 comments Hi Everyone: My name is Charlene Jones. I have been writing for most of my increasingly long life, poetry for the most part. Bliss Pig is the result of a collaboration between Linda Stitt, Toronto's Maven of Poetry and myself.
Last year my novel The Stain was completed and sits now on my Goodreads site and on Amazon, also available through my website www.soulsciences.net This was my first and perhaps my last novel since I have renewed respect for the difficulty of writing fiction.
I prefer non fiction and have just released Medicine Buddha/Medicine Mind, a book about the seam between Visualization Meditation and what Neuroscience has to say about Visualization. Visualization and other things like pain and pain management, emotional hauntings and releasing emotional pain, and much more. It's written in simple, clear language, the same tone in fact as this short missive. I'd love to hear from other non fiction writers and other writers in general. Cheers!

message 11: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (goodreadscomuser_amarama) | 3 comments Thanks for the welcome Lizzy.

message 12: by Skye~just Skye~ (new)

Skye~just Skye~ | 3 comments Charlene wrote: "Hi Everyone: My name is Charlene Jones. I have been writing for most of my increasingly long life, poetry for the most part. Bliss Pig is the result of a collaboration between Linda Stitt, Toronto'..."

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Julia wrote: "I would like to invite whoever is reading this to talk about their current writing projects! Please comment!"

Hello! I'm an aspiring writer who is looking for feedback for humor, fan-fiction, romance, drama, and poetry.
https://www.goodreads.com/story/list/...
Look forward to everyone's help!

message 14: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (goodreadscomuser_amarama) | 3 comments Hi Skye and thanks for the welcome.
I'm currently writing Memoirs, called My Impossible Life. I have a long history working with writing and am happy to offer suggestions to anyone else here. When it's ready for others to see, I'll be happy to have your comments as well.

message 15: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) | 2486 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

(Oh look at that, that's the title of the thread...)

message 16: by Shashank (new)

Shashank (shashere) | 2 comments Hi people, how are you all

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellele) | 1 comments I'm mostly writing poetry.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Michelle wrote: "I'm mostly writing poetry."

Cool!

message 19: by Susie (new)

Susie Klein Hi I'm new here. Just published my first book, WALKING BUTTERFLY and LOVED the rush and excitement of finally seeing it in print on Feb 2, 2016! A nonfiction Christian inspirational using stories from my life and encounters with God to convince myself and the readers that we are loved by God.
Anyway, Hi and i'm looking forward to getting some new friends here!
Susie Klein

message 20: by Susie (new)

Susie Klein Thanks Lizzy.

message 21: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1 comments Hi folks. Just joined. Not written any books lately, I mostly have been inspired in song titles and have written some songs. This is mostly the area of writing I do.