Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Starting this buddy read today.

So far, it's

Ms. Nikki
Jon Recluse

Latasha (latasha513) | 10683 comments Mod
this doesn't sound too bad. unfortunately my library doesn't have it.

message 3: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 214 comments Latasha wrote: "this doesn't sound too bad. unfortunately my library doesn't have it."

Latasha, Blood and Rain comes out in print on October 6th. Not sure if the libraries will carry it, but you'll be able to get it from Samhain or Amazon shortly. :)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10683 comments Mod
ok thank you

Char  | 13721 comments Mod
I'm going to be reading this soon, but not soon enough to join you guys. I hope you have fun with it!

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments I'm here and starting right this minute!

Yay!!!!!

Jason Parent | 741 comments Okay, I have this one now too. So... why not?

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Chapter 1-3 Okay. Things seems to be set up a little too conveniently. Especially with Nick. Writing is solid, although so many commas are tripping me up. Sometimes I read out loud to get the flow down.

message 10: by Scot (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scot | 634 comments I will be getting my hands on this shortly. Sorry I can't join the buddy read. Enjoy it.

Ms. Nikki wrote: "Chapter 1-3 Okay. Things seems to be set up a little too conveniently. Especially with Nick. Writing is solid, although so many commas are tripping me up. Sometimes I read out loud to get the flow ..."

I'm up to Chapter 4. I'm getting that same feeling.
(view spoiler)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Chapter 5 pg 28

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but this didn't seem right...(view spoiler)

Made it to chapter 6 today.

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments ~Welcome, Jason!

~Thanks, Scot. Hope you get it soon.

I see what your saying....but I think (view spoiler)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "I see what your saying....but I think [spoilers removed]"

True. There are other sentences that seemed to go on too far or give excessive descriptions. I don't really know how to explain it, but when I'm reading, it's hard to imagine someone saying/doing/thinking those things in real life.

Ms. Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "I see what your saying....but I think [spoilers removed]"

True. There are other sentences that seemed to go on too far or give excessive descriptions. I don't really know how t..."

I know what you mean.

Jason Parent | 741 comments Haven't started yet, but have a long flight tonight, so I'm thinking I should catch up quickly

Chapter 17.

Jason Parent | 741 comments In deep. Flows well but not sure if I care about the characters

Finished it.

message 21: by Glenn (last edited Aug 30, 2015 01:48AM) (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 214 comments Hey gang, thanks for reading my work!
Thank you for your honesty in your play-by-play messages. It's always good to see where your lose some folks and where you hit your marks. So many authors take criticism to heart these days.
Hope you found some cool stuff in there, too.

Really, I can't thank you enough for making time for me.
Arrroooo!
-Glenn

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments You finished it? Dang, I am really behind. Chapter 7. Ted and Dwayne. Dwayne is a nicer guy than I would be.

Jason Parent | 741 comments I thought the same thing. Dwayne was much much nicer than I would have been. But, it's a proven fact that pancakes bring out the best in people

Ms. Nikki wrote: "You finished it? Dang, I am really behind. Chapter 7. Ted and Dwayne. Dwayne is a nicer guy than I would be."

Insomnia is a wonderful thing.

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jason wrote: "I thought the same thing. Dwayne was much much nicer than I would have been. But, it's a proven fact that pancakes bring out the best in people"

lol

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Glenn wrote: "Hey gang, thanks for reading my work!
Thank you for your honesty in your play-by-play messages. It's always good to see where your lose some folks and where you hit your marks. So many authors tak..."

Great way to look at it Glenn. Friends should be able to tell each other that their pecs aren't looking as firm as they used to ;)

I concur with my esteemed colleague.

message 28: by Glenn (last edited Sep 01, 2015 05:42AM) (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 214 comments Hey, for a high school dropout who started writing four years ago...I'm feeling pretty good, feeling pretty fortunate to be awarded these opportunities. :)
I'm open to all pointers. Point away.
Thanks, guys.
-Glenn

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Hey, Jason. You finished? I completed it yesterday at work.

What did you guys think of it?

Jason Parent | 741 comments I'm still reading - got a little side-tracked in Vegas. But I'm moving on through it!

I liked it. I had some minor issues (view spoiler), but overall I enjoyed it.

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments This story was more "slow and steady wins the race" than what I normally like. The pace would not have been so much of an issue if, when things did happen, they weren't so repetitive.

Possible spoiler (view spoiler)

A semi-solid read. 3 stars.

That pretty much nails it for me, too.

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "That pretty much nails it for me, too."

Why do we always agree on buddy reads?

Ms. Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "That pretty much nails it for me, too."

Why do we always agree on buddy reads?"

Great minds, I suppose. ;)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Ms. Nikki wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "That pretty much nails it for me, too."

Why do we always agree on buddy reads?"

Great minds, I suppose. ;)"

;)

message 37: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 214 comments Awesome stuff, guys. Thanks again for reading the book. :)
I was aiming for at least 3 stars with you guys. Looks like a success!

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Glenn wrote: "Awesome stuff, guys. Thanks again for reading the book. :)
I was aiming for at least 3 stars with you guys. Looks like a success!"

I'm glad we could be of service. I wish you many sales!

message 39: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 214 comments Thanks, Nikki. :)

My review is up.

And I concur with my esteemed colleague.

Kenneth McKinley | 1515 comments Mod
Just started this one.

Jason Parent | 741 comments Ms. Nikki wrote: "This story was more "slow and steady wins the race" than what I normally like. The pace would not have been so much of an issue if, when things did happen, they weren't so repetitive.

Possible spo..."

I enjoyed it, and the second half much more than the first half, which is to be expected. I didn't care much for the heroes, except Joe, and just enough for Dwayne and Mel. Sometimes, though, I want to cheer for the villains, and I found it easy to here - and no matter what happens at the end, they certainly get in their shots.

I found Glenn's writing flows better in the lurking and killing scenes, like maybe (an assumption) he's getting more into what he's writing himself and it comes across on the page. Faster sentences. Faster action.

My complaints are nit-picky like (view spoiler)

Before you open that spoiler thingie, I said a lot there!

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jason wrote: "Ms. Nikki wrote: "This story was more "slow and steady wins the race" than what I normally like. The pace would not have been so much of an issue if, when things did happen, they weren't so repetit..."

A great summary, Jason! I thought the same thing about the lurking and whatnot.

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Ken wrote: "Just started this one."

I hope you enjoy it, Ken!

Jason wrote: "Ms. Nikki wrote: "This story was more "slow and steady wins the race" than what I normally like. The pace would not have been so much of an issue if, when things did happen, they weren't so repetit..."

Well said, Jason.

message 46: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 214 comments I heart you guys! I hope to keep reaching higher with each release. Jason, looking forward to your next, as well.

Kenneth McKinley | 1515 comments Mod
Such a great book. I recently interviewed Glenn. You can read the interview here:

https://kenmckinley.wordpress.com/201...