Chicks On Lit discussion

Infinite Jest
This topic is about Infinite Jest
Just for Fun > The End of The Tour

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 240 comments The End of The Tour is a movie based on the interview that David Lipsky did with David Foster Wallace during the final days of the Infinite Jest book tour (We did a group read of Infinite Jest a few years ago).

I saw the movie last night and was wondering if anyone else has also seen it (or planning to)?

message 2: by Deborah (last edited Aug 22, 2015 03:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deborah Heffner | 1 comments Huge confession I have seen this movie a few times. I loved the movie so much. Well acted and written. It is interesting to see two people where one has what the other one wants and it isn't what they thought it would be. I am going to tackle the book now. Wish me luck.

Two of my favorite scenes:

When they are in the mini mart and Lipsky says he will get it with his expense account and DFW runs back to get more stuff.

The ending. Between DFW dancing and Lipsky at his reading in tears about his time with DFW.

I mean there are many more amazing scenes, but those two are just amazing.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 240 comments Deborah - This is one of the rare cases where I thought the movie was better than the book. A lot of the book is a transcript of the interview tapes, but I really liked the way that the movie put the conversations in context. I'd love to know your opinion of the book once you read it.

The theater where I saw the film did a Skype conversation with David Lipsky after the film. One of the audience members asked about the flavor of the Pop-Tart that they shared. It was cherry :)

message 4: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new) - rated it 1 star

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
I had never even heard that there was a movie, Amy. Thanks for mentioning it!