Romance Readers Rendezvous discussion

Book Recommendations > Erotic Romance

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chantel (new)

Chantel Seabrook (chantelseabrook) | 56 comments Mod
Have you read any good Erotic Romance books? This is the place to share!

message 2: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments I absolutely adore the Beyond Series by Kit Rocha. Beyond Shame is the first one and I do believe it's still free. It's a dystopian series, which makes it super interesting. Each book revolves around a specific couple, and the gang who rules Sector Four, the O'Kanes.

Totally worth every penny I've spent buying the books and the novellas.

message 3: by Chantel (new)

E.M. wrote: "I absolutely adore the Beyond Series by Kit Rocha. Beyond Shame is the first one and I do believe it's still free. It's a dystopian series, which makes it super interesting. Each book revolves arou..." Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Glynn (nancyglynn) I know this may be a dumb question to the erotic writers and readers, but is erotic less subtle than erotica? I have a few sexual scenes in my paranormal romance and don't use explicit terms, but do entice arousal, I guess? Would that be erotic romance? So, in books without it how would a love scene be written? More like they go into the bedroom and make love type thing? I would love to read more novels like that so will check out some. :)

message 5: by E.M. (last edited Aug 22, 2015 09:38AM) (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments Erotica is a book where the story IS the sex. It's basically no plot, no character development, just a ton of raunchy fun. It may or may not have a happy ending.

Erotic romance is a book that has a love story, characters you can root for, a relationship (or two) for you to sink your teeth into, but it also has sex. Erotic romances usually have a HEA.

I'd recommend Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover for anyone who wants to read a killer romantic story, but also isn't shy about reading some really great sex scenes.

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Glynn (nancyglynn) E.M. wrote: "Erotica is a book where the story IS the sex. It's basically no plot, no character development, just a ton of raunchy fun. It may or may not have a happy ending.

Erotic romance is a book that has ..."

Thanks, E.M.! I'll check it out. I read 50 Shades and get the no plot thing, but would like to read more erotic romance than erotica.

message 7: by Chantel (new)

E.M. wrote: "Erotica is a book where the story IS the sex. It's basically no plot, no character development, just a ton of raunchy fun. It may or may not have a happy ending.

Erotic romance is a book that has ..."

Great definition Em and thanks for the book suggestion. :)

message 8: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments Another book I'd recommend is Unteachable by Leah Raeder. It's a bit pricey now, it wasn't when I first found it, but it's WORTH every penny. The writing is phenomenal. I'm not sure they market it as an erotic romance...but I'd classify it as one.

Unteachable by Leah Raeder

It's got all the aspects of a truly great romance, secrets, chemistry, witty banter, well rounded characters complete with flaws. It has a HEA and a fair amount of great sex.

message 9: by KindleandBook (new)

KindleandBook | 3 comments Love, love the Rough Riders series by Lorelei James. If you love Cowboys and Alpha men this is the one for you. :)

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments KindleandBook wrote: "Love, love the Rough Riders series by Lorelei James. If you love Cowboys and Alpha men this is the one for you. :)"

I read that series and it was very sexy and steamy. Great characters and loads of fun.

message 11: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellmebell) | 5 comments I just finished reading the first two books in Alexandra North's series "The One" which I really enjoyed.

message 12: by Evangaline (new)

Evangaline Parsons (evieparsons) | 3 comments anyone read the sookie Stackhouse series? it was a little mellow with the "steamy" bits

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Byars (jenbyars) | 8 comments I read all of the books in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I thought they were fun, a little mellow, but still good. But I think she dragged it out a little longer then it should've been.
The first four books I was completely hooked. Five was, okay, but by book six, there were hardly any sex scenes at all, and I was board.

message 14: by Evangaline (new)

Evangaline Parsons (evieparsons) | 3 comments it was kinda boring after book 4. my favorite one was living dead in Dallas. my favorite part was when bill takes sookie over the couch after the game

message 15: by Summer (new)

Summer Daniels (summerdaniels) | 1 comments Unlimited Romance!! FREE w/Kindle Unlimited!!

Kindle US - http://amzn.to/1EaMyAH
Kindle UK - http://amzn.to/1EaMy3D

Otherwise - only 99 CENTS for a limited time!!

message 16: by E.G. (last edited Sep 02, 2015 01:35PM) (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) All of the JD Robb 'In Death' books are moderate steam. Stand alone, they feature the same couple - Super Hot Business Magnate, Roarke and kick-ass Police Detective, Eve. They are also Murder Mysteries as well as romances and take place in 'near future' NYC. *Yes, a bit of a genre mash-up, but they are fun*

Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb

For higher steam but still fun plots, (BDSM Oriented) Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowldands (Book 1 is the weakest) so I'd start with book 2: Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) by Cherise Sinclair or Lexi Blake's Masters & Mercenaries. The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1) by Lexi Blake

message 17: by Evangaline (new)

Evangaline Parsons (evieparsons) | 3 comments those seem really good! I'll have to read them all!!

message 18: by Cyndi Marie ☆★Audiobook Addict★☆ (last edited Sep 05, 2015 08:41AM) (new)

Cyndi Marie ☆★Audiobook Addict★☆ (bookaddict1975) | 1 comments I loved this book both ebook & audiobook were amazing! It's M/F/M with another M directing...oh and if the hot factor isn't enough lol It has a great story line too! Can't wait for book 2!!! Curing Doctor Vincent (The Good Doctor Trilogy, #1) by Renea Mason

message 19: by Jeni (new)

Jeni (zaneyjen) | 1 comments I really enjoyed S. E. Lund's "The Unrestrained Series" along with "The Drake Series (The Unrestrained Series from Drake's point of view)". Lots of steamy, blindfold-me-tie-me-up-and-have-your-way-wit-me sex scenes! Whew *fanning myself*!

message 20: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) This one's in the Lexi Blake/Cherise Sinclair mode but a little darker. Fantasy Forfeit by Gem Larkspur

message 21: by Donna (new)

Donna Alam | 5 comments Reasonable Doubt Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams

Thoroughly recommend!

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Madbury (rachelmadbury) | 2 comments I just finished Meredith Wild's Hacker Series, loved it. Blake is a good guy. ;) And then there's Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series. I'm three books in and holding off on book four until I get some of my own stuff out of the way. So good though!!

message 23: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Moore (httpwwwgoodreadscomkellymoore) | 19 comments The Hacker series is one of my favorites. Both of the characters were very strong. Every book in the series was great.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm writing as KM COX and I'm going to be publishing my first erotic/New Adult romance series.

As a reader, I actually am starting to enjoy reading New Adult/Erotica. And i'm finding many New Adult/Erotic fiction that are free/cheap on the kindle. It's awesome!

message 25: by Dolores (new)

Dolores (mdmawhinney) | 23 comments Good luck with it One Petite

message 26: by Liberty (new)

Liberty Stone | 4 comments I hope people take a minute to download and read Stranger & Crossing a Line. It's free if you have kindle unlimited.Stranger: Erotica for Women

message 27: by Selina (new)

Selina Allen pyle | 5 comments Can anyone give me their HONEST opinion about Kindle Unlimited? Pros and Cons please. Thanks

message 28: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments As both a reader and a writer I love KU. There are tons of great books on there. I'm definitely getting my money's worth as a reader. As a new indie writer it lets people sample my work to see if they like it.

message 29: by Selina (new)

Selina Allen pyle | 5 comments Thanks Karen. I think I will try it and see what I think. Please recommend your books to me. I always love a new author.

message 30: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments Selina wrote: "Thanks Karen. I think I will try it and see what I think. Please recommend your books to me. I always love a new author."

You can try it free for a month so if you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth you can quit. If I add up all the $2.99 books I read its a great deal for me.

Thanks for asking about my books. They are both NA contemporary romance--sweet, sexy, generally really fun reads. Let me know if you like them and I can send you the first in my new series for free.

Suburban Love Song (Burnouts #1) by Karen Gordon link: www.amazon.com/dp/B00IN8ZDJO

Catch You If You Fall (Burnouts #2) by Karen Gordon link: www.amazon.com/dp/B00O71APQ2

message 31: by Selina (new)

Selina Allen pyle | 5 comments Karen, I read the summary on Amazon and I would LOVE to read your books. Thanks.

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments Are you going to read them on KU or would you like me to send you copies?

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 66 comments Karen, are your books standalones?

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments Best read in order but can stand alone. Does that help??

message 35: by Selina (new)

Selina Allen pyle | 5 comments Karen you can send copies. I will get you my email.

message 36: by Selina (new)

Selina Allen pyle | 5 comments Karen can you send them on here?

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments Send me your email address in a message and I can send you e-copies of both.

message 38: by D.C. (last edited Aug 24, 2016 08:14AM) (new)

D.C. Triana (dctriana) | 8 comments If you like 50 Shades and BDSM then you need to read Jade West's Dirty Bad series. That one is intense and I warn you there are scenes in this one that aren't for the faint of heart.

message 39: by Rita (new)

Rita Ames | 3 comments Nancy wrote: "E.M. wrote: "Erotica is a book where the story IS the sex. It's basically no plot, no character development, just a ton of raunchy fun. It may or may not have a happy ending.

Erotic romance is a b..."

Hi Nancy - If you prefer Erotic Romance with a good plot line then check out my book - If The Shoe Fits. There is also another one coming out in a couple of weeks set around the motor racing world which I have co-written with Audrina Lane. 24Hrs To Love (available for pre-order on Amazon) - The ARC readers feedback on it is amazing as there is a unique mixture of romance,sex,plot and thriller within its pages.
We would love to welcome you as a new reader. All the best Rita Ames
XX

message 40: by Everly (new)

Everly Rush (httpswwwgoodreadscomeverly_rush) | 5 comments Chantel wrote: "Have you read any good Erotic Romance books? This is the place to share!"
I had fun reading the Karma series by Donna Augustine. Not terribly into the steamy scenes, but enough so. She does a great job with the humor and kind of reminded me of Janet Evanovich.

message 41: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments I just got done reading The Enlightenment of Alexander (The Stories of Alexander Book 1) by B.Q. Hanson and I absolutely loved it. I would highly recommend reading it for a fun, fast, and a sexy read.