Aussie Readers discussion

Our Authors Spotlight > Author's Spotlight - Molly Billygoat with "A Dreadful Daughter's Spells."

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments A Dreadful Daughter's SpellsLeah Broadby

So, I'm in the spotlight. Erm... Well, this is my first published book. I've been writing and editing and translating for a long time, but this is the first, proper, published book (albeit self-published)!

It is called "A Dreadful Daughter's Spells."
It is a middle-grade to young adult to all-ages fantasy full of craziness, colour, magic, scientific/philosophical rumination (mostly humorous), innuendo, and a little satire. Some heartbreak too.

....Am I the only one to be annoyed at being told my spelling of 'colour' is incorrect? The annoyance is short-lived, though. :)

Carrying on, there is a 13 year old tom-boy whose mission is to hunt out others (like herself) who can breathe life into objects.

There is also a painting on a dance studio wall who sees fit to leave life on the wall and get involved with the three-dimensional world.

They meet. There are growing pains. There are twists. There is a beast. Children are kidnapped. There is forbidden young love. There is suspense. And juicy jokes, if you can catch 'em!

You'll find much better-formed synopses/blurb on my website (www.biglittlebrains.com).

And now, I step out of the spotlight! Thank you all so very much for any interest you may throw my way whatsoever!

Smiles,
Molly. :)

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68355 comments Mod
Congratulations Molly! Good luck with it all and your writing future:)

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments Thank you very much, Brenda. :) I am also doing a giveaway, which, despite my lack of site-navigation and IT skill, I think will be in place in a few days! ;)

But really, I'm just glad to have it published. 'Twas a long road, and the next book is calling to me like ghosts in the cupboard!

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

That's great! Those ghosts need to be let free! You can put your giveaway in our group's giveaway thread too if you like:)

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments I have to wait for a day or two until it is verified... Then, I'll post it for sure! Thanks for inviting me to do that.

The ghosts will be let free. Otherwise I'll be possessed! Haha... (But I sort of will...) :o

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL!

message 7: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments For an atheist I am seriously haunted by a lot of ghosts!! Perhaps this is why we need to believe in God. Without belief, our mind makes up its own ghosts...!

To be clear, I say this without any offense intended to those who do believe in a God or an afterlife.

message 8: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 7984 comments This one sounds fascinating and I've added it to my ever-growing TBR. Look forward to entering the giveaway!

message 9: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments Thanks, Marianne! And may I say just how friendly and supportive the Aussie group is?!

message 10: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 7984 comments You may, because that would be 100% true!!

message 11: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments That's great, because I love nice people and don't quite so love not nice people (although they can still be interesting to talk to)! I don't think it is an unusual preference.

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL!

message 13: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments Your funny bone is easily accessed, Brenda! You'll surely live a long life. :D

message 14: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha!! I hope so Molly:)