Romance Readers Rendezvous discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 401 (401 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Chantel (new)

Chantel Seabrook (chantelseabrook) | 56 comments Mod
This is the place to pop in and say hi if you're new to the group. Please feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself.

message 2: by Stella (last edited Aug 21, 2015 06:49PM) (new)

Stella Alden (stellamarie) | 117 comments Mod
Hi. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm an author, a software architect, a do-it-yourselfer, a go-getter. I can't cook and I hate housework. I read romances of all genres. I especially love those with a new twist.

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Kahele Thank you for the invite! I am an attorney but trade and author at night and mother to three wonderful girls.

message 4: by Shehanne (new)

Shehanne Moore (sheyser) Hi Chantel and His Stella, thank you for the invite. I'm an author of no frills historical romance, a mountain climber, reader and musician.

message 5: by Sahara (new)

Sahara Foley (saharafoley) Hello. I'm ghostwriting and publishing my late husband's stories. By day, I work in an agent sales support department for an insurance company, plus I'm also a licensed agent. Glad to meet everyone. :)

message 6: by Tami (new)

Tami Lund (tamilundauthor) | 1 comments Hello all! My name is Tami Lund and I'm an author, too. Also have a day job, but not interested in talking about that here. I'd much rather pour a glass of wine and talk romance!

message 7: by Sahara (new)

Sahara Foley (saharafoley) A little too early here for wine, but enjoy one for me. :)

message 8: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Barret (tabithabarret) Hello! I'm Tabitha Barret. I'm an author, a mom to two amazing children, and a dog wrangler to three insane dogs. I review romance novels in my spare time to escape my daytime job.

message 9: by Chantel (new)

Tami wrote: "I'd much rather pour a glass of wine and talk romance!" Haha Tami. Me too! :)

message 10: by Chantel (new)

J. wrote: "Thank you for the invite! I am an attorney but trade and author at night and mother to three wonderful girls." Wow, busy! I have two girls as well :) Nice to meet you!

message 11: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Dabney | 2 comments Hello!
I'm Peggy Dabney. I'm and avid reader, wife, mother, grandmother, and author.
I absolutely love my friends here on GR and love chatting about the book we all love. I love Romance, erotic, suspense, and paranormal. Happy Reading!

message 12: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Whitfield | 1 comments Hello all. Thanks for the invitation, Chantel. I am an author and humble citizen. I enjoy talking about history, movies, music and stories.Mr reading list is fairly broad.Hot steamy romance as a genre sounds intriguing.

message 13: by Kyrian (new)

Kyrian Lyndon Hi! Thank you for the invite. I am a book lover who writes novels and poetry. Happy to meet you all.

message 14: by Stella (new)

Stella Alden (stellamarie) | 117 comments Mod
Stella wrote: "Hi. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm an author, a software architect, a do-it-yourselfer, a go-getter. I can't cook and I hate housework. I read romances of all genres. I especially love those wit..."

Stella wrote: "Hi. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm an author, a software architect, a do-it-yourselfer, a go-getter. I can't cook and I hate housework. I read romances of all genres. I especially love those wit..."

Hi Everyone! I am SOOOOO very excited that you've joined!!

message 15: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Wood (tracey_a_wood) | 2 comments Hi everyone, and thank you for the invite, Stella and Chantel. I'm a soon to be published author from the UK. I am a full time working mum of two boys and three cats, Lol! I work as a civilian staff member for the Police force and love to read when I have time.

message 16: by Chantel (new)

Tracey wrote: "Hi everyone, and thank you for the invite, Stella and Chantel. I'm a soon to be published author from the UK. I am a full time working mum of two boys and three cats, Lol! I work as a civilian staf..." Wonderful! Let us know when your book is published! :) Congratulations!

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Owens | 1 comments Hi all. Thanks for the invite Stella and Chantel. I'm a full-time author, and write both contemporary and historical. I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, but my husband and I spend a lot of time traveling.

I love talking about steamy romances, so this sounds like it's going to be a fun group!

message 18: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (eroticalover) | 3 comments Thank you for the invite!! I'm an avid erotic romance reader/reviewer!! I've only been reading this genre for about 9 months and writing reviews since January so I'm kind of new. But you can look at my list of reviews and see that I dove straight in! I've always loved to read, but when I found out that the authors of this genre would actually TALK to me and become my friend (online)....well, I haven't read anything else. I mean, Stephen King sure never asked me what I thought about anything....lol.
MC series are my very favorite, but I'll read anything. If it's hot, I'll give it a try!

message 19: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments Thanks for the invite. I'm an avid romance reader turned author who has her very first book coming out next month. I read all kinds of things, but I'm a real sucker for a good love story. My favorite recent reads are Unteachable by Leah Raeder, Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and the Beyond series by Kit Rocha. :)

message 20: by SunflowerJ (last edited Oct 14, 2015 06:22AM) (new)

SunflowerJ (goodreadscomsunflowershj) | 2 comments Hi All. Thanks for inviting me Chantel.

I'm an indie/self-published author and a poet. I focus on works of non-ficton. I am a jack of all trades (master of at least three :-}).

I like going to the beach; but because I watch so many documentaries, I'm always searching for sharks and jelly fish. Currently, I'm studying to go to law school. I am a fan of comedy and horror movies. R. L. Stine is still my favorite author, as well as Stephen King (although I've only seen his movies...that's how good he is. I've never read his books & he's still my favorite). I like writing but would rather someone else edit.

I am HAPPILY MARRIED to a man that God showed me in my sleep when I was a little girl. He's the most wonderful person that's ever graced my heart. I don't fully know how to operate on Goodreads, but that won't stop me from trying. It's nice to read/meet all of you.

message 21: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (eroticalover) | 3 comments E.M. wrote: "Thanks for the invite. I'm an avid romance reader turned author who has her very first book coming out next month. I read all kinds of things, but I'm a real sucker for a good love story. My favori..."

I loved the first book of the Beyond series!! Are the rest just as good??

message 22: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (eroticalover) | 3 comments Chloe wrote: "Hi! I'm Chloe and I love to read "steamy romance" novels so looks like I am a natural fit to this group :)"

message 23: by SunflowerJ (new)

SunflowerJ (goodreadscomsunflowershj) | 2 comments Stella wrote: "Hi. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm an author, a software architect, a do-it-yourselfer, a go-getter. I can't cook and I hate housework. I read romances of all genres. I especially love those wit..."

I feel ya on hating the house work. It's like it never ends!!!

message 24: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments Sheila wrote: "E.M. wrote: "Thanks for the invite. I'm an avid romance reader turned author who has her very first book coming out next month. I read all kinds of things, but I'm a real sucker for a good love sto..."

OMG YES! Beyond Jealousy is my favorite though. Ace, Rachael and Cruz...so hot together. OMG. I'm actually reading it again for probably the fourth time.

message 25: by Karen (last edited Aug 22, 2015 10:16AM) (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments Thank you for the invite to join the group. I'm an indie author, mom, wife, and all around supporter of women. I write and love to read strong female characters who own their sexuality and sexual choices. I look for steamy romances where there are never any apologies or back peddling or "I just couldn't help myself." I'm open to hot romance in all forms and love to find new authors with new angles. Some of my favorite series have been "Outlander", "The Black Dagger Brotherhood" and "The Bronze Horseman". Can't wait to meet you all and share recommendations.

message 26: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments Karen wrote: "Thank you for the invite to join the group. I'm an indie author, mom, wife, and all around supporter of women. I write and love to read strong female characters who own their sexuality and sexual c..."

I LOVE OUTLANDER! I always sob at the end of book 2.

message 27: by Cara (new)

Cara | 4 comments Hi I'm Cara - Thanks for the invite - I love a hot steamy romance. I read a wide range of genres depending on my mood and have just had my first novel published recently.
Look forward to connecting with a group of like minded people!

message 28: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (dannelette) | 2 comments Hello everyone, I love to read steamy romance the steamier the better. I have also become become a huge Bollywood movie fan, so when I am not reading I am looking for Bollywood movies to watch.

message 29: by Jessica (last edited Oct 27, 2015 02:01PM) (new)

Jessica | 10 comments Yes,this is a repeat but edited and a bit more in depth of what is going on in my life right now.
Thanks for the invite Chantel! I am a army veteran wife with a disabled veteran husband of the Iraq war and I have 5 beautiful daughters who are my world. I live in sunny kingman, Arizona . I have recently found out that I am not in the greatest health myself, even though I am my husband's full time caregiver and SAHM mom which I only have 1 left at home. I have been having serious migraines and extremely high blood pressure. I just thought it was normal stress of being a caregiver etc. Well, it's not. I haven't been properly taking the time to care for myself and now I don't have a choice if I want to see my daughters grow up! It kills me to write this cause as I do I have full time oxygen on me now and they've put in for so many tests I might as well live in the radiology center. As well as the lab for blood draws. I know some of you don't care about what others have going on, but I also know that a lot of you do. So if you could send some positive thoughts and prayers my way I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
I am a very avid reader and reviewer for many authors. I have my own personal blog, and a Facebook blog page as well. When I hit 500 members I am doing a giveaway! And anyone who has liked my page is entered into the giveaway!
www.facebook.com/mommagreenleaf
www.facebook.com.jessica.n.greenleaf

Thank you all for taking the time out to read this and if you would like to contact me my email address is
Jessica.n.greenleaf@gmail.com Thanks Again!

message 30: by Peter (new)

Peter Glassman (pglassma) | 2 comments Glad to meet another author circle. I'm a recent retired physician (Addictionologist and anesthesiologist) and started writing in 2003. While I favor medical thrillers my writing includes crime drama, paranormal, fantasy and historical settings. The common thread to them all is intimate romance which is a part of living. I love to read and write at least one chapter a day in an ongoing work.

message 31: by Karen (last edited Aug 22, 2015 10:16AM) (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments E.M. wrote: "Karen wrote: "Thank you for the invite to join the group. I'm an indie author, mom, wife, and all around supporter of women. I write and love to read strong female characters who own their sexualit..."

E.M., I know!! I've reread most of the series and was just as emotional the second time around. Are you watching the series?

message 32: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Denning (emdenning) | 14 comments Karen wrote: "E.M. wrote: "Karen wrote: "Thank you for the invite to join the group. I'm an indie author, mom, wife, and all around supporter of women. I write and love to read strong female characters who own t..."

I LOVE the series. Sam Heughan is amazing. The entire cast is a dream come true. I haven't read the whole series yet, only the first 5 books.

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments E.M. wrote: "Karen wrote: "E.M. wrote: "Karen wrote: "Thank you for the invite to join the group. I'm an indie author, mom, wife, and all around supporter of women. I write and love to read strong female charac..."
I'm following the series through every form of social media. I love when they make casting announcements and I bow to the greatness of the costume department.

message 34: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) Hello,

Thank you for inviting me to this group so I just want to say hello. I like a good romance. I am an Indie author who writes fast pace chick lit and my best friend is my cat! I tell her a everything because she can keep a secrete haha. I look forward to chatting with you all. x

message 35: by J. (new)

J. Kahele Chantel wrote: "J. wrote: "Thank you for the invite! I am an attorney but trade and author at night and mother to three wonderful girls." Wow, busy! I have two girls as well :) Nice to meet you!"

You are just as busy as well! It's nice to meet you also :)

message 36: by J. (new)

J. Kahele Victoria wrote: "Hello,

Thank you for inviting me to this group so I just want to say hello. I like a good romance. I am an Indie author who writes fast pace chick lit and my best friend is my cat! I tell her a ev..."

I like a good chick lit story! I'm going to check your books out :)

message 37: by Martha (new)

Martha Sweeney (marthasweeney) | 7 comments Hi! Thanks for inviting me to join this group. My name is Martha Sweeney and I'm an indie author. I've recently starting reading for pleasure since I was never really into it during high school - hated all the summer reading books I was given. LOL I started my first novel after assisting my husband with his, The Harem. I enjoy reading now more than ever and I also really enjoy writing. I love to chat when I'm not busy writing, so feel free to reach out to me anytime. :)

message 38: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) J. wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Hello,

Thank you for inviting me to this group so I just want to say hello. I like a good romance. I am an Indie author who writes fast pace chick lit and my best friend is my cat..."

Hi J, I can email you a copy of my latest book in return for an honest review if you would like? x

message 39: by Jos (new)

Jos (jap68) | 2 comments Thanks so much for the invite:) I am an avid reader of all types of genres for many, many years! I am from the USA, and have a husband of 24 years and 2 boys, 20 and 17 and 2 labs that are the loves of my life, lololol!!!! Reading is my passion along with golfing too! Thanks again for being invited to the group!!!!!!

message 40: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 2 comments Hi everyone, thanks for the invite to the group. I'm Carrie and I'm from Indianapolis, IN in the US. I absolutely love to read and have become completely addicted to Goodreads and Netgalley. Pick up quite a bit of books from the Romance categories but also love a wide variety of other books and like to switch it up. Welcome all new friends requests too as I love to see what others have picked up and their thoughts on books.

message 41: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Joren (jessejoren) | 2 comments Thank you for the invite! I'm Jesse Joren, and I'm an indie author who writes dark-ish stories of all lengths. I like heroines who aren't perfect and have a wild ride on the way to true love. (But there MUST be love.)

Equally important to writing, I want to support my fellow authors with positive encouragement whenever I can.

message 42: by J. (new)

J. Kahele Victoria wrote: "J. wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Hello,

Thank you for inviting me to this group so I just want to say hello. I like a good romance. I am an Indie author who writes fast pace chick lit and my best frien..."

I already grabbed Gut feeling, on kindle unlimited :)

message 43: by KindleandBook (new)

KindleandBook | 3 comments Thanks for the invite. I'm an avid reader of steamy romance and contemporary romance, also am no stranger to m/m romance (Cut & Run series to name one.)

message 44: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) J. wrote: "Victoria wrote: "J. wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Hello,

Thank you for inviting me to this group so I just want to say hello. I like a good romance. I am an Indie author who writes fast pace chick lit ..."

Awesome hope you like it. Cant wait to see what you think. And if you want Third Time Lucky then just drop me a message x

message 45: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 3 comments Thank you for the invite. I'm a massive fan of a good romance and love nothing more than curling up with a good book.

message 46: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Helen | 11 comments Hi,

Thank you very much for the invite. I’m an indie author, self-publishing erotic romance, slightly darker for a more daring reader. I read all types of genres but am hooked on romance, though I like a good mystery too! I like to write about interesting heroines and imperfect heroes - who simply can’t fight the power of true love.

Great to meet you all!

message 47: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Browne (victoriabrowne) Victoria wrote: "J. wrote: "Victoria wrote: "J. wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Hello,

Thank you for inviting me to this group so I just want to say hello. I like a good romance. I am an Indie author who writes fast pace..."

Violet Chain sounds really good. Think that will be my next read :) x

message 48: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Douglass | 1 comments Hi, I'm new here. Many thanks for the invitation, Chantel. I'm an indie author, avid reader and an incurable romantic. I spend my summers in Canada, near Niagara Falls, and my winters in the U.S., Port St. Lucie, Florida.

I plan to read and write until my dying day, perhaps longer.

message 49: by Karen (new)

Karen Gordon | 18 comments Stephen wrote: "Hi, I'm new here. Many thanks for the invitation, Chantel. I'm an indie author, avid reader and an incurable romantic. I spend my summers in Canada, near Niagara Falls, and my winters in the U.S., ..."

Stephen, Niagara on the Lake?

message 50: by Nikole (new)

Nikole Bloom (nikole_bloom) | 14 comments Hello All! Thank you for the invite Stella. I published my first book the end of June and will be sending the second one out into the world in October. I work full-time; have one little one who will start Kindergarten on Monday and three rescue dogs. I also love to read romance novels. I generally go through three or four books a week. I look forward to seeing everyone around. All the Best...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9