What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA horror anthology w/ a story about an old doll

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pearl (new)

Pearl | 11 comments This book was a collection of short horror stories. I don't remember much about this book except for one story.
There was this little girl who bought this one antique porcelain doll from either a yard sale or pawnshop. The doll was very beautiful but it had smoky yellow eyes. Soon after she bought it she began having nightmares and sometimes it seemed like her doll was staring at her. She wanted to get rid of it, but her mom wouldn't let her. One day, I think she was talking to the doll, she looked deep into the doll's eyes. The girl suddenly gets to see from the doll's POV years ago while it was still with its previous owner. There was a fire that killed everyone in the family and this memory was burned into the doll's eyes, hence the smoky yellow color. Afterwards the doll's eyes turned back to normal and the little girl stopped having nightmares.
I read this book when I was around middle school. It wasn't very thick. I think it had a gray cover. There was definitely an illustration with the doll in it, it was black and white with the only color being for the eyes.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
When were you in middle school?

message 3: by Pearl (new)

Pearl | 11 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "When were you in middle school?"

5-8 years ago.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Numnut, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Numnut, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.