Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Anyone Out There?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1460 comments Mod
Hey there!!

Quick question(s) for you... Do you take part in the monthly read? If not, why not?

I really enjoy them and I hope I'm not alone.

message 2: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rphilbeck) | 12 comments I just run thru what people have posted. I don't get too involved because I'm so busy with work and family things. I would if I had more time. I read for my enjoyment and getting away from reality basically. I enjoy seeing what people have read and how they rated the books. I just mainly read what I enjoy right now.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Rowena wrote: "I just run thru what people have posted. I don't get too involved because I'm so busy with work and family things. I would if I had more time. I read for my enjoyment and getting away from reality ..."

Thanks for responding Rowena. I too read to get away.

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy | 1 comments Hey Barbara Ann; I usually read on my own; There hasn't been as much lately from the Amish authors that I have wanted to read. I'm real particular on the Amish genre!! It's all becoming a little more English in my opinion. I've had to look elsewhere for reading at times.

message 5: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2015 08:38AM) (new)

Christy wrote: "Hey Barbara Ann; I usually read on my own; There hasn't been as much lately from the Amish authors that I have wanted to read. I'm real particular on the Amish genre!! It's all becoming a little mo..."

Thanks for replying Christy. I really appreciate the honest answers we're getting.

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Gray (cryssy726) I have never done a group read, but I have so much going on there never seems to be time. My currant to read list is miles long, as is I am reading 3 different books at once. Adding more to it would be crazy! :-)

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Crystal wrote: "I have never done a group read, but I have so much going on there never seems to be time. My currant to read list is miles long, as is I am reading 3 different books at once. Adding more to it woul..."

I have enough trouble with one book at a time -- I'm impressed Crystal! You never know, with a big "to read" list maybe one of the group reads would be on it. I know the group reads have helped me pick what's next on my reading list.

message 8: by Diane U (last edited Aug 25, 2015 11:53AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I don't always have time to read the group reads either. I like to try to get to them but life gets in the way. I do enjoy them because there are times when I have so many books to choose from that I can't make the decision myself. Plus it gives me the ability to try a new author that I may have overlooked on my own.

I also have over 1,400 books on my kindle that I would hate to spend money when I don't have to. So if I already own the book, I try to participate!

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet | 153 comments I have done a few and enjoyed the ones that I have done but a lot of times the books are not of my liking. I am very picky, read a lot and when I find a book I love I can't put it down till it is done. I am involved in online Bible study right now and that takes some of my time. But I hope to do one again in the future.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Diane U wrote: "I do enjoy them because there are times when I have so many books to choose from that I can't make the decision myself. ... hate to spend money if I don't have to."

Diane, I don't have quite so many books on my Kindle but I'm right there with you in needing help to pick what to read next. I am presently in the process of trying to finish series that we starting in our monthly reads.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Janet wrote: "I have done a few and enjoyed the ones that I have done but a lot of times the books are not of my liking. I am very picky, read a lot and when I find a book I love I can't put it down till it is d..."

We will soon be opening up nominations for the October read. Why not throw one that you'd like out there? There weren't many suggestions last month so your odds are pretty good at being picked.

message 12: by ANNETTE (new)

ANNETTE | 27 comments Anna's healing by Vanetta Chapman is real good