Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > author help

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (whatmatters) | 124 comments Would someone be so kind as to explain "attending events" I see how to sign on, but what is it?

I have this one in mind.
www.freebookblast.com, The United States

message 2: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Need to keep an eye out for the next one. Sign up for this months giveaway ended on August 7th, though I'm sure we will have more.

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (whatmatters) | 124 comments What? I've already join on. Is events just another way of saying I'm interest or is there something more?

First time I've looked at events, just asking.

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) If you got an invitation, click on it and it'll take you to a menu that asks if you will/won't/maybe attend. As far as I know, it just lets the inviter know how many are interested. Since your book is listed on the website, all you have to do is promote it as much as possible, and check your sales now and then.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (whatmatters) | 124 comments Thanks Ken

So, there's no secret meeting in a metaphysical meditation room?
I just need to let them know I'm participating in the promotion, which in this case is the event. That simple, just checking.

message 6: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Ah ha! I misunderstood. Good thing Ken backed me up, and knew what you meant x D

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Yep! Andreas set this up. I'm assuming as a way to get us more visibility. Everyone who is invited is able to invite others. Basically, you're just inviting people to click on the book blast site and go shopping. :)

message 8: by Andreas (last edited Aug 21, 2015 08:39AM) (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments Pls invite all your friends.
I didn't know how it worked either. I created it by mistake. LOL. But it turned out to be a good idea -- we can each invite our friends so they will visit www.freebookblast.com and do their shopping there ....

message 9: by Andreas (last edited Aug 21, 2015 09:09AM) (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments 1. Click this link:
invite people
2. In the "Friends" tab, click "Selecting friends", choose "All", then click "Invite".

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Well there you go! We're all just clueless enough that this just might work! ;)

message 11: by Andrew (last edited Aug 21, 2015 09:08AM) (new)

Andrew (whatmatters) | 124 comments OK. I was just thinking of a bit of shopping myself. I was kinda hoping there was a secret meditation room, but maybe I find the novel approach.

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) The secret meditation room is easy to find. Over in the cirner if your screen, there is a wifi icon. Turn it off.

*Not responsible for impending boredom or productivity. ;p

message 13: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments Andrew wrote: "OK. I was just thinking of a bit of shopping myself. I was kinda hoping there was a secret meditation room, but maybe I find the novel approach."

I'm confused.

I checked out your likes list, Andrew, you might like my book.

message 14: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments An english professor emailed me that Chapter 2 could be too hard to read, but an economics and politics professor in Adelaide actually finished reading in 10 days and left me a review here on goodreads. It's just the way i structured the book.

But from Chapter 3 it's all easy reading.

message 15: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (whatmatters) | 124 comments Christina wrote: The secret meditation room is easy to find. Over in the cirner if your screen, there is a wifi icon. Turn it off.

*Not responsible for impending boredom or productivity. ;p

The power of suggestion is not the same as pixie dust.
Keep an eye open for hoodwinkers.

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (whatmatters) | 124 comments Andreus wrote: I checked out your likes list, Andrew, you might like my book.

Genesis?

message 17: by Max (new)

Max Nightjar (maxnightjar) | 5 comments Andrew wrote: "Would someone be so kind as to explain "attending events" I see how to sign on, but what is it?

I have this one in mind.
www.freebookblast.com, The United States"

message 18: by Max (new)

Max Nightjar (maxnightjar) | 5 comments I'd like to contribute to a giveaway, as a preorder is that possible if book not out yet?

message 19: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

The sign up for the giveaway was at the beginning of the month Max, keep your eye out for the next one, but feel free to spread the news about this one.

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hi Max, this is a promo that is currently in progress. We will be offering the opportunity to participate in future promos to all of our group members. Keep an eye on the SIA Group Promo folder for details.

message 21: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Jinx, Riley ;)

message 22: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments Andrew wrote: "Andreus wrote: I checked out your likes list, Andrew, you might like my book.

Genesis?"

Yes, sir.

message 23: by Andreas (last edited Aug 21, 2015 11:24AM) (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 74 comments Lol, Christina, the first time I saw jinx in a post.
Guys, the number of event invitations hit 1401, amazing.
Keep inviting.

message 24: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

I think most of those would be me...Inviting friend list ftw!

message 25: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Byer (goodreadscompjbyer) | 0 comments Hello all,
I'm after advice, discussion on this next step after my debut YA book Collision. Sales are going quite well, and people immediately ask about when is my next book. I've started on a prequel, and am enjoying the process so far, as I had quite some material put aside form a longer form of my first novel. I also intend a sequel.

So my question are:
1. how to frame this prequel in relation to the first novel... Ideally, it'd be best to read the first book then the prequel as I delve deeply into the past of two key characters. Do I advertise this when I eventually publish?
2. Or should I be more free in how I put it on Amazon, as readers will read in whatever order they want?
3. Or write the prequel as a shorter book and put it up as free, to tempt/ draw readers into the first book?
Thanks so much for any thoughts on this from more experienced authors out there.
PJ

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hi PJ. These are good questions and I'm sure there are a lot of folks here who may havr some advice, but you'll want to set up your own topic. This one is in regards to event invites.

message 27: by Cori (new)

Cori Dyson | 23 comments PJ, I'm not sure I would consider myself experienced, but here is what I am doing with my first novel and prequel. I'm setting my prequel up as a freebie and enticement for signing up for me newsletter. I figure it's at least worth someone giving me their email. My first novel comes out Nov 28th. As I market the book, I plan to mention the free prequel as well. I hope this helps. Good luck!