One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive 1.0 > O Mods, where art thou?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thenia (last edited Aug 21, 2015 06:56AM) (new)

Thenia | 188 comments Mod
Hi all,

I am sure many of you have noticed that our mods haven't been around in a while.

I tried messaging them, but received no answers, and since I like the group and would like to revive it, I thought it was time for some action.

After looking through various threads in the Goodreads Feedback group for similar cases, it looks like the best solution is for the group members to "select a new mod and message Customer Care with a request that their selected new mod be added as a mod for the group".

So unless someone can get in touch with one of the current moderators so that they can add a new active moderator to the group, our other option is to select someone and have GR's people add them.

I'm willing to take on the role. Any other volunteers?

message 2: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Yeah I agree, I think this group has been quite inactive lately! And I'm quite new to the group but I would love to see this group be more active and have more members! :)

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam | 87 comments I'm also okay with this. I know Zakiya showed up briefly at the beginning of 2015 to set up a challenge, but even she thought the group was dying, but I still use this group all the time.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 313 comments but if the mods think the group is dying, then they should do whatever they can to try to bring it back to life

message 5: by Adam (new)

Adam | 87 comments That only works if they're still interested/have time to run the group though, which is the problem Thenia is thinking about solving.

message 6: by Ayunda (last edited Aug 26, 2015 12:49PM) (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) But the thing is you can't be a mod unless you inform the other mods to add you. So I'm trying to do that right now... I think Zakiya hasn't been active in Goodreads for a while but I might be able to contact her through other social medias. I think it's the easiest way rather than contacting the Goodreads Customer Care?

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam | 87 comments Ayunda wrote: "But the thing is you can't be a mod unless you inform the other mods to add you. So I'm trying to do that right now... I think Zakiya hasn't been active in Goodreads for a while but I might be able..."

Yeah, I think having the mods, even add a new mod, is the easiest way.

message 8: by Thenia (last edited Aug 27, 2015 08:53AM) (new)

I found an email address that used to be Zakiya's and sent an email pointing to this thread and the need for a new moderator for the group.

I just received an email from Zakiya who said:

"I will be on asap to adjust the group's moderators."

So, fingers crossed, we'll have some forward progress soon!

message 9: by Allison (new)

Allison | 120 comments Yay!

message 10: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) So Zakiya has added Thenia and me as the new mods, although I might not be as active as Thenia but I hope I can moderate this group and make it more active! Any suggestions guys?

message 11: by Thenia (new)

Forward progress finally: as Ayunda said, we are the new mods of the group and quite a few changes will be coming.

We'll send out a group message soon with the immediate plans. Do feel free to offer suggestions/ideas of what you'd like to see in the group to either of us.

Let the changes begin!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.