Wuthering Heights Wuthering Heights question

Is Wuthering Heights worth reading?
Isabel Isabel Aug 21, 2015 06:52AM
I have seen very mixed opinions on this book, so I'm not sure whether it is worth reading or not (I really enjoyed Jane Eyre)

Its a weird book.. I never understood why they fell in love with each others.. and besides.. I never understood anything the characters in the book did.. it's all quite mysterious and incomprehensible to me

Yes, the book is a great read!

Wuthering Heights is one of the most powerful emotional books you will read. The best Bronte book by a mile in my opinion.

Sharon Totally agree! I LOVE it!
Dec 05, 2015 11:35AM · flag

For the Love of God, NOOOOOO!!

WUTHERING HEIGHTS IS JUST AMAZING I LOVED IT . The characters are complex and the romance story is a very particular one. So to my mind it's WORTH READING !!!

Sorrel (last edited Sep 27, 2015 12:58AM ) Sep 27, 2015 12:54AM   0 votes
To be absolutely and perfectly honest, I didn't really feel much of a connection with this book, perhaps because I am so different to the passionate Catherine Earnshaw. However I would still say that I found it worth reading because I did enjoy reading it, especially towards the latter half of the book. I think it's true what others have said about it being tougher to get through, but it does give you a real picture of Emily Bronte.

Definitely. I think it is a book that speaks to everyone differently - I would highly recommend it, it is my all-time favourite novel :) It is beautifully written, and when you know about Emily Bronte's past/her life, it will make you marvel at it even more. I would certainly give it a go, it won't be what you expect.

U 25x33
Hermione Granger Agreed !!
Sep 13, 2015 11:33AM · flag

I downloaded Wuthering Heightson for the audio book and Jane Eyre and both books really moved me. So if your not sure of the book because its a hard read then do what I do and listen to it. I love audio books as much as reading myself.

Yes. Read it. The weakness in American films and some novels? The happy ending. Life is not so cut&dried as a joyous finale or a horrible finish. This story rings true at the end. haunting, depressing, tough. yes. also a book to learn and grow and maybe just maybe evolve from.

Wuthering Heights is well worth reading. It's dark, but it's wonderfully written and will stick with you forever.

I think it's tougher to get into than Jane Eyre. The story's told by more than one character, and the timeline jumps about a bit. Also, the main romance is an unusual and troubled one. But don't let me put you off. If you like it you will keep coming back to it because it really sinks into your imagination.

Most definitely, the book is worth reading several times.