Casey Ann's Book Club discussion

THE END. Shadows By Paula Weston

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Casey Ann Books (darkreaders) | 22 comments Mod
 photo 687582_zpsavc7myna.gif

Today is the day. Our read along is OVER WAH! so all of you that got involved are awesome. I hope you enjoyed Shadows and get the rest of the series! I know a lot of you were tagging me showing me that you bought the rest of series which is fantastic!

So final thoughts! what did you guys think of the book in general? characters? plot? twists? what do you hope to see in the rest of the series? LAY IT ON ME PEEPS!!!

p.s I accidentally deleted one of your guys comments in the "Favourite scene" post :( It was the most recently one with the hot guy gif! if you could repost I would be forever grateful! <3

message 2: by Mădălina (new)

Mădălina  Comșa (plimbarinarative) | 7 comments Woaah.

This was my first time taking part in the awesome journey that a read along is! I am so happy that the chosen book was Shadows because it completely changed my life! Really, I was just searching for an amazing, dark, exciting book and now I finally found it! I loved the characters so much! Gaby is so different from the other female characters! She is so strong and I believe that the revelation of the real Gaby will bring something HUGE to the character! I also loved Rafa and how he was just the cherry on top. Simply one of my favorites male characters ever, not kidding!
Getting into this book without any idea of what actually is gonna happen made the revealing of the plot even more mindblowing! The end was also completely unexpected! I just love it and I can't wait to get into this world even more!

Btw, this is the gif I posted on the favourite scenes post! Mm, my favourite scene definitely was the one when Rafa saved Gaby from the Sanctuary!!

I am definitely looking forward to the next read along!!

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Weston (paulaweston) | 2 comments Hey guys,
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks so much for reading Shadows. So glad you enjoyed it! And a huge thanks to Casey for not only organising the read-along and choosing Shadows, but for being a massive supporter of the series. Seriously, this girl is the number card carrying member of the Rafa fan club. :)
Hope you keep reading the series and keep enjoying it.
Paula

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Gamez | 5 comments Thank you Casey so much for recommending this series. Now anything you recommend I want to pick up. Thank you Paula Weston for writing this amazing book. I absolutely love this book and now this series will be one of my favorite of all time because I have read this book twice in less than six months and love it even more! I love Rafa, he IS BAE, and I can't wait to is how Gaby develops in the upcoming books.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Dunn (erinld2005) | 1 comments I loved this book!!! I definitely need to read the rest. Wow, Rafa is HOTT! I can't wait to find out more of how Gaby was previously. Particularly details about her and Rafa!

message 6: by Mădălina (new)

Mădălina  Comșa (plimbarinarative) | 7 comments I just made a Rafa/Gaby playlist on 8tracks: http://8tracks.com/maddiesparkling/fi...
I finished the second book as well and I am totally obsessed! THANK YOU, CASSEY ANN!
I added the songs I listened to while reading and also songs that remind me of them ♥

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Gamez | 5 comments Madalina wrote: "I just made a Rafa/Gaby playlist on 8tracks: http://8tracks.com/maddiesparkling/fi...
I finished the second book as well and I am totally obsessed! THANK YOU, CASSEY ANN!
I added the ..."
I just checked out your playlist and I loved it. The songs match perfectly with them. I have also read up to the second book (finished it on Sunday) and I am in a book slump. All I think about is Gaby and Rafa. I wanted to read the third one so badly. I have the first two in Hardcover, and I can get the third one and fourth one (book depository), but they would be in paperback. They won't match, so I have to wait until may and june of next year when they come out in Hardcover. But based on how Haze ended, I think I am going to cave and buy the paperbacks, and than also the hardcover. I am just that obsessed, they are like my number one OTP right now.

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (flyingmonkey22) | 1 comments I am re reading this series atm just so I can finally read the last few books. Such an underrated series love this first book so much. So addicting and exciting can never get enough of shadows :)