Adaptation: Book VS Film discussion

Always Adapted Authors > Nicholas Sparks

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kerry (last edited Aug 21, 2015 03:43AM) (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments This fiction writer constantly has adaptations in the works. Of his novels I've only read The Notebook (enjoyed) and Dear John (did not like) but have seen a good number of the adaptations.

Titles That Have Been ADAPTED: (Into film)
MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE (first adaptation 1999)
NIGHTS IN RODANTHE
A WALK TO REMEMBER
THE NOTEBOOK
SAFE HAVEN
THE BEST OF ME
DEAR JOHN
THE LAST SONG
THE LUCKY ONE
THE LONGEST RIDE (latest film adaptation 2015)
THE CHOICE is scheduled for a 2016 release and according to his site, he has now written a television original called 'Deliverance Creek' http://nicholassparks.com/work/films/

The best of me and the longest ride are the only 2 films I havent seen.

Any Sparks fans/dislikers for the books or films?

message 2: by Dara S. (new)

Dara S. (dara85) | 35 comments The Notebook is one of my all time favorites. Another in the same vain isSuzanne's Diary for Nicholas, both tear jerkers

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Dara S. wrote: "The Notebook is one of my all time favorites. Another in the same vain isSuzanne's Diary for Nicholas, both tear jerkers"
When i first saw the film i hated it, then it grew on me and i read the book afterward. (great book) i just looked up Suzannes diary for nicholas, and it looks good. i will give that one a read for sure. thanks for the rec

message 4: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Meyrem wrote: "Have just recently read this book. I like to read the books before watching the film. Looking forward to watching this, even though I know it will crush my imagination of how I pictured their physi..."

Which story are you talking about love?