What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Aftertaste: A Novel in Five Courses
This topic is about Aftertaste
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Chicklit foodie novel abt female chef / baker who is betrayed by husband and has to split the restaurant [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana Santoso (last edited Aug 28, 2015 12:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diana Santoso | 14 comments Hello, I'm looking for American chicklit I read maybe in the 2010s, the author is female.
It's about a female chef / baker who owned and run a restaurant (maybe) together with his husband who is also a chef (and probably the head chef of the place) but then found out that her husband is cheating on her with the restaurant's hostess (I remember she is described as skinny).
They were getting a divorce and then asked to split the restaurant but she fought hard to not to because she loved the restaurant so much and considered it as her baby.
I remember also there's a catfight scene between her and the mistress.
She is described as full of anger and emotional most of the time in the novel.
What I remember distinctly is that she also has a bread starter or called 'mother' that needed to be 'fed' regularly.

I kinda forget the end so that's why I want to re-read it again. I probably had already shelved it as my 'Read' book but honest to goodness I can't recall the title right now. I have tried sourcing my 'read' shelves but there are 800+ books there :'(

Please help me fellow goodreadians! :)

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments I think I remember the main character in Bread Alone Bread Alone (Bread Alone, #1) by Judi Hendricks nurturing her bread starter. Some of the other elements in the book loosely fit your book.

Do you remember where the story takes place?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

Diana Santoso | 14 comments Tab wrote: "I think I remember the main character in Bread AloneBread Alone (Bread Alone, #1) by Judi Hendricks nurturing her bread starter. Some of the other elements in the book loosely fit your book.

Do you r..."

I'm so sorry, this is not it :(
They still live in the same city afterwards, and the husband opens a new restaurant again.
It based in America, though I forget where exactly, probably in NY (but this is inaccurate).
Not a part of a series and totally forget about the cover...

Diana Santoso | 14 comments Juels wrote: "Aftertaste: A Novel in Five Courses by Meredith Mileti?"

Oh yes, I think this might be it!! Thank you so much, Juels!!

message 6: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2427 comments You're welcome.