Authors' Helpline discussion

Marketing > Facebook experiment

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leon (new)

Leon Kock (leondekock) | 72 comments Mod
I am doing an experiment on Facebook, and would like to take this opportunity to invite you all to join.
Here is what is happening. I am going to publish my book Serenity on Facebook, bit by bit, until the whole book is published. So far, I have posted 3 parts, and will be posting a new part every day. So saunter over to my books page – Leon de Kock Books – on Facebook, and have a look.
For indie authors, this is an experiment to see if it will lead to increased traffic, and, hopefully, increased sales. I will post results if and when I start seeing them.
Regards
Leon

message 2: by Leon (new)

Update time.
I have now posted the first 30 parts of the book to Facebook. Usually I get more than 50 views of the post, which I think is fantastic.
I cannot truthfully say that the experiment has resulted in sales yet, even after a month of posting. However, I can truthfully say that I have gotten a lot of public notice, and that can never be a bad thing.

message 3: by Leon (new)

I’m about halfway through posting Serenity to Facebook. There were some difficulties along the way, such as that I had to start numbering the posts for people who came in late, and to make sure that everybody read the book in the right sequence.
I’m very happy with how the experiment is going, some of the posts have seen up to 100 views. It always helps when others share the posts, then I get even more views, but I don’t want to badger people to share my posts, as I think it’s rude. They will share it if they liked what they read.