The Challenge Factory discussion

2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > September 2015 Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 20, 2015 07:58PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod
September 2015 Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 September 2015 - 30 September 2015

reading photo: reading.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS & INFORMATIONS

Rules:
Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in! When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1.If you want to participate post your name and maybe let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and or any books that you're interested in reading.

2.If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3.Whoever doesn’t have a partner, we will try to place with another person and you guys can pick a book together! If we have an odd number we can have groups of three, more people to discuss with!

4.I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5.The challenge will span a month.

6.For each group we can set up a thread so the two of you can discuss without having to sift through a bunch of other conversation.

7.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the September Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:01PM) (new)

Amber to Ashes (Torn Hearts, #1) by Gail McHugh with Stacey and Nichole, Ezi...anyone else?

Melissa and Ezi will read Crossroads by Riley Hart Guns n' Boys Book 1, Part 1 (Guns n' Boys, #1.1) by K.A. Merikan

Kelsey, Stella, Lou, ~Melissa~ & Ezi: Him by Sarina Bowen

message 3: by Shantal (last edited Aug 22, 2015 08:28AM) (new)

Shantal Oliver | 84 comments Hello All! a few books I would like to read this month are

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda Salisbury Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7) by Abbi Glines Velvet (Velvet Trilogy #1) by Temple West Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole and Beauty's Daughter The Story of Hermione and Helen of Troy by Carolyn Meyer Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Shantal wrote: "Hello All! a few books I would like to read this month are

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda SalisburyBad for You (Sea Breeze, #7) by Abbi GlinesVelvet (Velvet Trilogy #1) by Temple WestLothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole[boo..."

Damn girl. You have some excellent reads on here!!!!!

Lothaire is one of the best audiobooks I have listened to. It's funny. No Rest for the Wicked is my second favorite book in that series.
Can I ask how you are about to read books 11&12 when you haven't read book 3 in the Immortals After Dark series?

I will join you on Pleasure Unbound and the sequel.

message 5: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Amber to Ashes (Torn Hearts, #1) by Gail McHugh with Stacey and Nichole, Ezi...anyone else?

Melissa and Ezi will read Crossroads by Riley HartGuns n' Boys Book 1, Part 1 (Guns n' Boys, #1.1) by K.A. Merikan

Kelsey,..."

Hey Ezi - I'm joining you for Him by Sarina Bowen also :)
Oh and I'm sending you a PM

message 6: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 709 comments I'm planning on reading The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro, #2) by Nora Roberts (already a buddy link waiting for us to actually get to it)
The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2) by Jaye Wells Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3) by Kimberly Raye

message 7: by Shantal (new)

Shantal Oliver | 84 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Shantal wrote: "Hello All! a few books I would like to read this month are

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda SalisburyBad for You (Sea Breeze, #7) by Abbi GlinesVelvet (Velvet Trilogy #1) by Temple West[bookcover:Lothai..."

I got a couple of the After Dark books for my birthday, and I didn't realize that it was a series until I had hopped around in the series and finally decided to look them up on line :P

message 8: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments New September releases I'll be reading - anyone else?

Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal, #1) by Zen Cho The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1) by Jim Butcher The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Karina wrote: "New September releases I'll be reading - anyone else?

Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal, #1) by Zen ChoThe Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1) by Jim ButcherThe Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson"

I'll read The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1) by Jim Butcher with you.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Nichole and Trea ready to read Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon ?

Surrender (Surrender, #1) by Melody Anne Submit (Surrender, #2) by Melody Anne The Lair A Sinner's Grove Novel by A.B. Michaels Thy Kingdom Fall (After Eden #1) by Austin Dragon Road Salt (Wings from Ashes, #2) by Linda Nelson

message 11: by Karina (last edited Aug 22, 2015 12:24AM) (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Angie: I just noticed the release date for The Aeronaut's Windlass has been pushed back to Sep 29th. I was convinced it was earlier! Might be an October read, instead?

message 12: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Nichole and Trea ready to readBorn of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon?"

Yup, Angie, I'm all set to read Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon ! I had Ezi update the thread for us already!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Karina wrote: "Angie: I just noticed the release date for The Aeronaut's Windlass has been pushed back to Sep 29th. I was convinced it was earlier! Might be an October read, instead?"

That's fine.

message 14: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colls) | 491 comments Would anyone be interested in reading You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day ?

message 15: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) I'm hoping to read some/all of the following:

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch, #2) by Ann Leckie Beauty by Robin McKinley A Stranger in Olondria by Sofia Samatar Updraft by Fran Wilde Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

message 16: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Lulu: A stranger in Olondria, I'm in!

message 17: by Lulu (last edited Aug 23, 2015 01:10PM) (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) Karina wrote: "Lulu: A stranger in Olondria, I'm in!"

Cool, will sign us up :)

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Here are a few series I want to continue:

Haunted (Women of the Otherworld #5) by Kelley Armstrong A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Forged by Desire (London Steampunk, #4) by Bec McMaster Evernight (Darkest London, #5) by Kristen Callihan

message 19: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Ok I've been good so far but it's all going to wrong again lol.

Books for September

Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1) by Tara Brown Better When He's Bold (Welcome to the Point, #2) by Jay Crownover I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1) by J.L. Bryan Sweetheart (Gretchen Lowell, #2) by Chelsea Cain Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 20: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'll jump on the Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione train please :•)

message 21: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V - You always kill me!!!!

I will join you for
Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1) by Tara Brown I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1) by J.L. Bryan

And I'll try to hold off and read in September
Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
But I have a challenge I need to read a last in series for...

Paris and I are planning to read this one too if anyone is interested in joining?
Soulbound (Darkest London, #6) by Kristen Callihan

message 22: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yay ! !

message 23: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Here are some of the books that I would like to read in September. Anyone else?

Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1) by L.H. Cosway The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Master of Crows (Master of Crows, #1) by Grace Draven Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah Cry No More by Linda Howard Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin, #1) by Jordan L. Hawk Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews The Winter Sea (Slains, #1) by Susanna Kearsley

message 24: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments V, maybe I will get a chance to finally finish Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie if I buddy read it. I also need to read Better When He's Bold (Welcome to the Point, #2) by Jay Crownover and I doubt I'll get to Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout in August, so sign me up for that in September too.

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Paris wrote: "V, I also need to read Better When He's Bold (Welcome to the Point, #2) by Jay Crownover ..."

I'll join this one.
I will try to get the threads up tomorrow. I have been concentrating on reading Fairy tales, so sorry I haven't put these up. sorry, LOL

message 26: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments No probs lovely ♡♡

I've discovered that me and fairy tales don't mix well lol

message 27: by Colleen (last edited Aug 26, 2015 06:54PM) (new)

Colleen (colls) | 491 comments Nichole wrote: "Here are some of the books that I would like to read in September. Anyone else?

..."

Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah is on my TBR. I've never done a buddy read before, but would like to try one and could join you in this if you'd like.

message 28: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Colleen wrote: "Nichole wrote: "Here are some of the books that I would like to read in September. Anyone else?

..."

Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah is on my TBR. I've never done a buddy read before, but would ..."

Erghh I loved that book ♡♡♡

message 29: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Great, Colleen! I'll sign us up :) I've been really wanting to read this and for one reason or another I keep pushing it back, so I'm glad to have a Buddy.

message 30: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments In honor of Fear The Dead/ The Walking Dead, I've been itching to read a good zombie book :)

I would like to read Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1) by Madeline Sheehan - Anyone else?

message 31: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Nichole I'll read Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1) by Madeline Sheehan

message 32: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Me and Kristin are also reading Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight if anyone fancies joining us?

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

V Audio Nerd wrote: "Colleen wrote: "Nichole wrote: "Here are some of the books that I would like to read in September. Anyone else?

..."

Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1) by Kristin Hannah is on my TBR. I've never done a buddy read be..."

yes, we had a really good BR on that series some months ago here.

message 34: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colls) | 491 comments Nichole wrote: "Great, Colleen! I'll sign us up :) I've been really wanting to read this and for one reason or another I keep pushing it back, so I'm glad to have a Buddy."

Cool! I have to go get my hands on a copy now. :)

message 35: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Jenne wrote: "Nichole I'll read Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1) by Madeline Sheehan"

Thanks!

message 36: by Stacey (last edited Aug 27, 2015 02:44PM) (new)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Nichole wrote: "Here are some of the books that I would like to read in September. Anyone else?

I will read The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
and The Winter Sea (Slains, #1) by Susanna Kearsley
with you!

message 37: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Yay! Thanks!