Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please correct and combine

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack Pramitte | 105 comments Hello,

This title deserves some corrections:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
ASIN: B00CEGGDWM

The title should be simply : Œuvres
(with a "Œ")
Language: French
Also add: Charles Baudelaire (translator), Stéphane Malarmé (translator)

It is an edition of the complete works of Poe translated in French, the novels and the poems, so maybe it could be combined with this edition:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thank you

message 2: by Jack (last edited Aug 21, 2015 02:58AM) (new)

Jack Pramitte | 105 comments Hello,

I see that some parts of my request have been fulfilled and some other parts ignored.

The title should be changed to Œuvres .
There is no doubt that it's the correct way to write this word in French.

By the way, "oeuvre" should be changed for "œuvre" no less than 5 times in the description. But it's not that important.

And Edgar Allan Poe is the author, and his name has no place in the title, I suppose.

For the combination with a similar collection in English, it's only a suggestion.

An answer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

message 3: by Bea (new)

Bea Jack, I corrected the title and spelling of the word. I hope I found all the needed corrections in the description as I do not read French.

I did not tackle the combination with other books as there are just too many for me to decipher if your noted choice was the best. I will leave that for another more experienced librarian to decide.

message 4: by Jack (new)

Jack Pramitte | 105 comments Hi Bea

There should be one correction in the first line of the description, and two others later, but it doesn't matter that much.

Thanks for the correction in the title.

This edition is supposed to be a complete collection of all works by Poe but alas not everything is available in French. The editor will complete his work in future editions.

message 5: by Bea (new)

Bea Jack wrote: "Hi Bea

There should be one correction in the first line of the description, and two others later, but it doesn't matter that much."

I think I made 3-4 corrections in the description, so perhaps I found them all. Funny thing was there was one instance of correct spelling in the description.