2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > TBR Twins, September

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (last edited Aug 20, 2015 02:53PM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Here are your September twins! Please let us know what you decide to read then come back and tell us what you each thought of it.

Allison
Ozcose

Kat
Aliya

Ibukun
Abi

Tammie
Laura

Claude
Theresa~OctoberLace

Shrouk
Berenike

Saiha
Christine

Cassandra
Pat

Nicki
Griff

June
Ardica

Yenny
Sherry

Lulu
Kitty

Jess
Stefani - SpelingExpirt

Nidhi
Scott

Alex
Emily

Karin
Angela

Mahsa
Jenny (Novel Idea)

Anita
Daisya

message 2: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett me and laura is going to read A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 773 comments Claude and I have decided to read The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas.

message 4: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) | 281 comments Kitty and I are going to read When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Malison | 19 comments Alex and I are going to read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

message 6: by Christine (last edited Aug 24, 2015 06:50PM) (new)

Christine Peterson | 20 comments Salina and I are going to read The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments Nidhi and I are going to read Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte

message 8: by Mahsa (new)

Mahsa Ghoraian | 72 comments Emily wrote: "Alex and I are going to read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini."

That's a fascinating book :)

message 9: by Mahsa (new)

Mahsa Ghoraian | 72 comments Jenny and I will be reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

message 10: by Abi (new)

Abi | 5 comments Ibukun and I are going to be reading My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

message 11: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. karin and i are reading attachments by rainbow rowell!

message 12: by Ozcose (new)

Ozcose | 38 comments Allison and I are reading Night Film by Marisha Pessl

message 13: by Ardica (new)

Ardica | 20 comments June and I will be reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens as well.

message 14: by Griff (new)

Griff | 4 comments Nicki and I will be reading The Stranger by Albert Camus. I'm excited!

message 15: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitadubroc) | 58 comments Daisya and I are reading Finding Audrey. (I've already finished), and perhaps some other book (trying to decide).

message 16: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments How are your books going for September?

Theresa~OctoberLace (octoberlace) | 773 comments Just a quick note...Claude and I read The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas during a month that ended up very busy for both of us. We both loved it and rated it 4.5 stars. One of us will follow up with a few comments tomorrow.

message 18: by Claude (new)

Claude Bunce (kablammo55) | 109 comments Yep, me and Theresa~OctoberLace both really enjoyed reading The Three Musketeers, even though we experienced it in different mediums. Theresa listened to an audio book, while I read and annotated a paperback copy.

We both loved the historical aspect of the book, and found that there was a lot of humour in the shenanigans between the four heroes, D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos and Aramis, and we agreed that Lady de Winter is one of the greatest villainesses. I found it hard to reconcile myself with the slight sexist undertones that were throughout, but we both agreed that it was a book of its time and it is an issue we just need to deal with in older books.

I think that's it. I'm sure Theresa will add anything we might have missed. I know that she is going to be continuing the D'Artagnan romances, and I might return to them at some point myself. It was a really great book to read, and I'm glad I did it with someone else, it really motivated me to finish it! Hope Everyone else had a good time this month as well!