Luckiest Girl Alive Luckiest Girl Alive discussion

DNF at 15%

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liz "Fake life" are the key words here. I know just what you mean but if you keep reading you eventually see who she really is and how she changes. Just sayin'! :-)

Cindy Ehrenreich I loved this book & if you continue you will see there is a caring, intelligent person behind her fake persona & why she hides behind this fake persona. I thought one very telling scene was her interaction with the coffee vendor with the scars. While she was trying to gauge the reaction of the interviewee to the woman with the scars, she herself was very friendly & cordial. And by vendor's honest happiness to see her, you know she is always kind & courteous to her.

Melissa I actually never grew to like the main character, but there is a reason she created her fake life. It was a coping mechanism. I almost quit reading it at about the same point you did but pushed on and was glad I did. It isn't a great book, and I didn't love it, but I'm glad I read it.

jencurlygurl Melissa wrote: "I actually never grew to like the main character, but there is a reason she created her fake life. It was a coping mechanism. I almost quit reading it at about the same point you did but pushed o..."

Could not agree more!

message 5: by Greg (new) - rated it 1 star

Greg I laughed out loud when she mentioned her 70K salary. In Manhattan. That's poverty, hence her desperation to marry a guy with money. And she would have, had she not found out he used a photo for cocaine snorts.

message 6: by Greg (new) - rated it 1 star

Greg The Writing Reader wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I actually never grew to like the main character, but there is a reason she created her fake life. It was a coping mechanism. I almost quit reading it at about the same point you di..."
Writing Reader, you are so right on target. The image that the heroine creates is hilariously bad, not even close to what "Rich" really is. But then again, that's one thing that makes sense about this book, about where the author is taking us. it just didn't work, though.

Maria Melissa wrote: "I actually never grew to like the main character, but there is a reason she created her fake life. It was a coping mechanism. I almost quit reading it at about the same point you did but pushed on ..."

I agree with you Melissa. I almost didn't finish it either. I'm also glad I did finish it. It does get better!

Jennifer Maxwell I actually stopped reading not even two chapters in because I couldn't stand her character. at all. BUT, a friend pushed me to give it another try and I did. It was really good. When you find out why she has this fake life, you understand completely. I can't say I even blame her for being like she is, but I still didn't like her after I finished reading.

Erika Melissa wrote: "I actually never grew to like the main character, but there is a reason she created her fake life. It was a coping mechanism. I almost quit reading it at about the same point you did but pushed on ..."

Completely agree!

message 10: by Karen (new) - rated it 1 star

Karen I couldnt finish this book it was just missing something and I just couldnt keep going to find the rest of the story went