Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Harry Potter Mistakes?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beau Any harry potter mistakes?

message 2: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma I honestly saw this and I thought is was the perfect time to say I don't like the Harry Potter books at all. I tried to read them three times in third, Fifth and Sixth grade and I couldn't get into in. I tried watching the first movie and couldn't get thorough it, I just found it very boring. I know everyone disagrees with me but I don't care.

Alex NONE! LOVE IT! And if your older and have already read and reread and memorized the books too many times i would try out The Magicians By Lev Grossman

Ruby Deathly Hallows: Hermione says she's done a memory charm before and then a couple chapters later she says she'll try to do a memory charm, but she doesn't really know how.

message 5: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Emma wrote: "I honestly saw this and I thought is was the perfect time to say I don't like the Harry Potter books at all. I tried to read them three times in third, Fifth and Sixth grade and I couldn't get into..."
its your opinion so stick to it!

Julia There are many. This topic has been beat to death all over the internet.

message 7: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A Davis Ruby wrote: "Deathly Hallows: Hermione says she's done a memory charm before and then a couple chapters later she says she'll try to do a memory charm, but she doesn't really know how."

Actually the memory charm she's done before was to modify the memory. She didn't erase her parents memories just modified them to forget who she was and move away. The second time she needed to actually erase the memory fully, and she wasn't certain about it.

message 8: by Tye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tye Emert Just one thing bugged me when I read the Deathly Hallows which I consider to be a pretty solid conclusion. (just in case)Spoiler Alert: but when the Death Eaters were attacking the school and the list of characters that were being killed off felt kind of out of place because some of them had very little personal impact on Harry but I understand that Harry felt responsible for their deaths it just seemed a bit much like reading a grocery list, when the names of deceased started rolling out. But the biggest one and this killed me and I felt was a bit too harsh was killing off one of the twins.

Priya I agree with you Tye about the twins. one got his ear blown off and the other killed. too harsh

message 10: by Ian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ian Kimchi Chang Emma wrote: "I honestly saw this and I thought is was the perfect time to say I don't like the Harry Potter books at all. I tried to read them three times in third, Fifth and Sixth grade and I couldn't get into..."

...Really?!

Collinann Probably the fact that Fred & George had the Maurader's Map for years and did not say anything about Peter Pettigrew with Ron. Has JK Rowling spoke of this yet? let me know

message 12: by Tye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tye Emert Collinann wrote: "Probably the fact that Fred & George had the Maurader's Map for years and did not say anything about Peter Pettigrew with Ron. Has JK Rowling spoke of this yet? let me know"

That is a very good point, Collinann. There has to be a better explanation than just they too busy with their own shenanigans to not notice someone who was supposed to be dead was right beside their sleeping brother.

Kirsty ***SPOILERS FOR LAST BOOK***

so you know how harry's cloak is a deathly hallow, and supposably even Death couldn't see through it. Why can Moody's magical eye see through it in the fourth book? Isn't the eye just a regular magical object, surely it can't see through the most powerful invisibility cloak ever made?

message 14: by Riccardo (new) - added it

Riccardo Tye wrote: "Collinann wrote: "Probably the fact that Fred & George had the Maurader's Map for years and did not say anything about Peter Pettigrew with Ron. Has JK Rowling spoke of this yet? let me know"

That..."

There are going to be hundreds of tiny dots moving on that map all the time.
Reading Peter's name struck Harry because he had just learned that Peter had betrayed his parents. It wouldn't have caught the twins' attention, especially as they were probably too busy checking that they weren't caught by Filch or Snape when testing Puking Pastilles on first year students.

message 15: by Beau (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beau Kirsty wrote: "***SPOILERS FOR LAST BOOK***

so you know how harry's cloak is a deathly hallow, and supposably even Death couldn't see through it. Why can Moody's magical eye see through it in the fourth book? Is..."

Hmmm... nice

message 16: by Beau (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beau Mistake in the movie. Ginny doesn't know it but she's immortal to Voldemort. In the CoS Harry was willing to die to save her. This is what kept Harry alive in the first place. Ginny would be invincible because of what Harry (like his mom) had done.