Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The One Thing
This topic is about The One Thing
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis → Start Date: December 19th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie | 2012 comments Vicki and I will be reading this. Anyone else is welcome to join.

message 2: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Katie. I have a feeling this is going to be REALLY good, so I'm excited to read it!! You always inform me of all the new books, so thanks for that too! :o)

Katie | 2012 comments I always try to keep up to date on new books, and I feel like I read so many of them that I often forget about older books lol, so I've been also trying to read some more older books lately, but I still love reading the new ones. This one does look really good.

message 4: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yeah, I love the new books too! If I didn't have older ones I've wanted to read or if I were all caught up with older ones, I'd definitely read only newer ones as they come out.

Katie | 2012 comments I feel like I'm never going to be fully caught up on all the books on my to-read list, but I will continue to chip away at it for a long time.

message 6: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I know for a fact that I'll never get them all read! Even if I didn't add to my list and read a book a day everyday, it'd take me about ten years to read them all. Lol

Katie | 2012 comments I got my copy of this in the mail today, and I am really excited to read it. I'm hoping I'll be finished the one that I'm currently reading by the time it is the start date for this one, but if not, I'll finish that one and then start this one.

message 8: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Katie, I didn't start this one today but was wondering when you plan to start it. I'm just so darn behind!

Katie | 2012 comments I didn't start this today either. I plan on starting it when I finish What You Left Behind, which I'm pretty close to finishing.

message 10: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OMG I haven't started that one either. It's the Fully Loaded Challenge kicking my butt and throwing me off all my buddy reads. LOL

Katie | 2012 comments Haha, I didn't even try to do the Fully Loaded Challenge.

message 12: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments It's fun BUT I already had so many buddy reads scheduled that I shouldn't have added it. It's a challenge for myself, but with work and family things too I can't read it all. I just feel like I've let my buddies down too much.

Katie | 2012 comments I'm going to try to start this today. I'm probably going to be reading small bits of it at a time throughout this week, because I have a 10 page paper to write and an organic chem test to study for, so those things will take a lot of time.

message 14: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sounds good to me. I think I can manage small bits throughout the week. I have my fully loaded to finish and the 18th two month AND my author one. God, I hope that's all! LOL

Katie | 2012 comments Do we want to come up with a new date for this one, since I don't think either of us have started it, and it's almost a month past what would have been the start date. I'd be good with pushing it back a bit.

message 16: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Lol YES!!! :) Would you even be okay with December?

Katie | 2012 comments Yeah, I would. It would be great if we could schedule for anytime after my finals. I have my last one on December 15th, so that day or any day later would be good. I have about a month for Christmas break, so I hope to finally get to catch up on reading then.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I moved this for you guys back to To Read :)

Katie | 2012 comments Thanks, Trisha!

message 20: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments A whole month??? Awesome!!!! Our finals go through the 18th, so how's the 19th?

message 21: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments And thank you, Trisha!

Katie | 2012 comments Yeah, it's about a whole month. I'm done on December 15th, and I start classes again on January 18th. So I guess it's even a little more than a month. When I was in high school, my break for Christmas was much shorter than a month. And the 19th sounds good. I'll edit the date.

message 23: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Katie. :o)

Katie | 2012 comments I am going to try to read this one pretty soon.

message 25: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Soon as in today or in a few days?

Vanessa (nessx) | 369 comments Omg I just got a hold of a copy ! Can I join you guys ? =)

Katie | 2012 comments Well, I didn't start it today and I have Christmas celebrations tomorrow, so probably Saturday at the earliest.

message 28: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Vanessa, of course you can join. We'd love to have you!

message 29: by Vanessa (last edited Dec 25, 2015 01:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vanessa (nessx) | 369 comments Awesome :) When do we officially start ?

message 30: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Our start date was the 19th but life got in the way!

I can start Sunday.

Katie | 2012 comments I'm starting this today, since I finished the other book I was reading.

message 32: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm also starting this one today, but I also want to start Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Katie | 2012 comments 10 chapters

Ben (view spoiler)

Mason (view spoiler)

Katie | 2012 comments 20 chapters

Ben (view spoiler)

Maggie (view spoiler)

Mason (view spoiler)

Katie | 2012 comments 30 chapters - I'm really loving this one so far.

Ben (view spoiler)

Mason (view spoiler)

Sophie (view spoiler)

Clarissa (view spoiler)

message 36: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY!! I am really glad you like this one!!

I'm working on Oblivion so hopefully I'll get to this one later today, but I woke up with a toothache...long story short I'm heading to the dentist office for x-rays of a tooth she's been watching and most likely I'm going to need it extracted by an oral surgeon so praying it'll be soon and quick and heal correctly. I don't relish the idea, knowing possible complications.

Katie | 2012 comments Oh my. That is no fun at all.

message 38: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No, but it's better to take care of it ASAP!!

message 39: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No, but it's better to take care of it ASAP!!

Katie | 2012 comments That is true. Well, I hope all the stuff with the dentist goes well.

message 41: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Katie. :)

Katie | 2012 comments 40 chapters

Maggie's eyesight (view spoiler)

Ben (view spoiler)

Mason (view spoiler)

Katie | 2012 comments And I'm done. I loved this book so much.

Ben (view spoiler)

Maggie (view spoiler)

Mason (view spoiler)

Vanessa (nessx) | 369 comments I finished this book too ! (view spoiler)

message 45: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awesome!!! Glad you loved it, Katie!!