Book Recommendations & Favorites > Help me decide my next series

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments I can't choose between 1. Ione -lords of del
2. Kenyon- born in
3. Danika Dark- 7 years
4. Davidson- Queen Betsy
I keep going back and forth and can't decide . Has anyone read any of these and can give me an opinion?

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments I've read 1 and 4. And, out of those two, I'd most definitely choose #1. Queen Betsy was hilarious initially, but around book 8 or so it got insanely annoying - or should I say Betsy did. But, that's just me. Every book is different for every reader.

message 3: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Thank you for your input

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ Oh definitely 1, I love Lords of Deliverance by Larissa Ione.

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments You're welcome. Hope you enjoy whichever you pick. :)

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments #4 is just fluff, so only read that series between other better ones Suzanne.

message 7: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments I appreciate your input Mrs Daciano, I see we have the same taste in men and I am sure in books also.

Sandra , I love funny PNR likes Molly Harper writes is #4 at that level

message 8: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments I did find Queen Betsy to be funny at the start, but it's been many yrs since I read the first couple. So, I don't know for sure if I'd go so far as to say the writing is as funny as Harper's. Maybe you might want to read the free sample of bk#1 @ Amazon first?

message 9: by Lee (new)

Lee | 357 comments for me Larissa Ione first its a really good series
I have read five of them so far everyone of them
a good read.

second I am guessing here it is Sherrilyn Kenyon there
are around 43 books to her Hunter Verse series to get
through, great series and she is still adding more and
it gets even better as it goes along, which is rare for
series like this.

third Danika Dark I have to say its the first time I have
seen this book so I cannot comment, looks good though

Our library has quite a lot of Mary Janice Davidson books
It started out good but to be honest after about book 8
or 9 it kind of lost its way. This is an occasional read
for me and I found the later books quite poor.

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee | 357 comments Just noticed you have not read

The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau, #7) by Lynsay Sands funniest book in the series

and this was my favourite read and audio book of 2014 I was in
a reading group for this series and most agreed this was the
best book in the series

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole

message 11: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Thanks Lee I stopped on those ... I liked them but not like I loved the IAD or Dark Hunters or Lotu,
I really like that overall story arc that seemed to be missing in Sands' books but I pick that one up. Thanks everyone for your help

message 12: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments Suzanne, I don't think Queen Betsy is as good as Molly Harper's or Katie McAlister's books (some are better than others of both of those authors). That is what I meant by fluff.

I love a good humorous book probably even more than the next person. Just don't think QB cuts it overall, though the first couple are OK.

message 13: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Thanks Sandra I dont think I'll go there I 'm thinking I'll start Lord of Del . You think it's o.k I've only read the first Demonica book

message 14: by Alisa (new)

Alisa I say Lords of Deliverance. I love that series. Have you read Demonica yet though? You may want to start there as the series overlap.

message 15: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments I read the first one and liked it ok I guess I should maybe go to the 2nd one before jumping to the Lords . I thought it was stand alone I didn't realize it was a spin off

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ You definitely want to read Demonica series first, the horsemen aren't introduced until the last demonica book plus it will mention things that you won't have any idea about.

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 4 comments I love the series by dannika dark. If you like showalter, other kenyon books. You will probably like it. If you like kresley cole, than go with lords of del.

If you want something funny and like shifter stories i will recommend a completely different series. Shelly Laurenston's Pride series. The first book doesnt hold a candle to the rest of the books.

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 4 comments Demonica is good.

message 19: by Alisa (new)

Alisa You could read LOD on it's own. I originally didn't know they were related and then went back to read Demonica. They blend a lot though from LOD 5 and Demonica 6 (I may be wrong on the #....Reaver's book)

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 4 comments I went through your shelves. To confuse you even more, lol, Nicky Charles. Great series. And a lot of them are free on amazon. Pilfer my selves. We rated most your books similarily.

message 21: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments 1. Ione -lords of del I've only read the first two in her Demonica (reading book 3 right now) but I love them so I'd bet her LoD books are great.
2. Kenyon- born in I've only read the first one. I have the rest in my TBR. I enjoyed it but it read like a Dark-Hunter book just set in outer space. I didn't think it brought anything new to the table but I still enjoyed it.
3. Danika Dark- 7 years This is the first I've heard of this series. Now I'm going to have to check it out...thanks for that LOL
4. Davidson- Queen Betsy I've read 13 or 14 of these books and they get worse and worse. Steph nailed it...the first 8 or so are funny and worth reading. After that Betsy's character ceases to grow and even seem to be regressing. Warning! If you go this route and manage to get past book 12...do not...I repeat....DO NOT listen to them on audio. The only thing worse then reading these books (told from Betsy's point of view in the first person narrative) is listening to her inane musings for hours on end.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) There is a lot of backstory in LOD that originates in Demonica. I think you would be missing out on the bigger picture by reading out of order.

message 23: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Jessica I love The Pride series but not so much her dragon stuff. IAD is my all time fav so I will go with the Demonica and Lords of Del I read the first book and it was ok I just got really antsy at her "problem" and when he started shooting his sexed up junk right on her Yoo Hoo I almost couldn't take it Lol

message 24: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Christine , I drive a lot and add the audio to most of my books or just buy the audio if I have a long week of driving ahead of me so Queen Betsy is out for sure thank you. Audio Gals gave Danika Dark high audio praise so that's were I came up with that one

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments Steph wrote: "I've read 1 and 4. And, out of those two, I'd most definitely choose #1. Queen Betsy was hilarious initially, but around book 8 or so it got insanely annoying - or should I say Betsy did. But, t..."

For me, the very first scene, very first book of Queen Betsy is still an all time favorite and absolutely hilarious. But, the character changes too much where you no longer give a shit what happens next and certainly no longer enjoy or sympathize with her highness. I suppose it could cycle back and be a good series again -- if it does, well, it annoyed me so much I doubt I'll finish series even then.

message 26: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments I agree, Debbie. I stopped around #10. I have a short "wish this series would end" list and this one is on there.

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 740 comments I'd say Kenyon's League series (which I'm guessing is what you mean by Born in ____)

I've only read the first of the other series, and I've read and reread all of the League.

message 28: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Well I ended up reading 7 years then 6 months then 4 weeks because they were on sale. the first one had a lot of potential but the writing went back and forth from immature to good. 6 months was the best of the 3 but a lot of stupid actions from the leading lady. 4 weeks I thought would be my favorite but all the elements just didn't fit together . I may read one more but the last book is about the 6 year old in the first three books grown up and hooking up with the man /wolf that was her protector/ babysitter in the first 3 books and that is just Not right in my opinion. So now I'm moving on to the Demonica and lords of del series. I'm also re listening to IAD on audible Robert Petcoff makes me weak in the knees! I just wish I could find a series as good IAD

message 29: by Arkrazormama (new)

Arkrazormama | 42 comments Cristina, I think I will do the League series next ... Loved Dark hunters... I'm in the middle of the Lords of Del by Ione and I'm loving them.... I love getting y'all's opinion on these series , I consider everyone here experts and haven't been pointed in the wrong direction yet.

message 30: by A book away from an episode of hoarders (last edited Sep 23, 2015 09:36AM) (new)

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 740 comments tbh... I may or may not have read Born of Fury four times this year. I did do a series reread this year but I reread it when I was between books as well.