YA LGBT Books discussion

Self-Promotion > Martina McAtee

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martina McAtee (new)

Martina McAtee | 7 comments Hi everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've written a new book entitled Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things and it is a YA paranormal romance. In my book, one of my main characters, Kai is gay and the werewolves in my series are essentially pansexual as gender is unimportant to who they fall in love with. If you are looking for a book with LGBT characters where the story line doesn't revolve around their sexual identity or their "coming out" maybe you could check it out.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 2: by FoxClouds (new)

FoxClouds | 16 comments Hello!
Sounds great! I'm in a constant pursuit of new (LGBT themed) books :D Especially the ones that have a plot which is not just about LGBT romance.

Is the book out already?

message 3: by Martina McAtee (last edited Aug 20, 2015 08:11AM) (new)

Martina McAtee | 7 comments It will be released on 08/31/2015. It's available for pre-order on Amazon. I was also always looking for LGBT books that weren't about specifically being LGBT and found the market basically flooded with erotica. Which is fine, I come from writing that background but my 17 year old daughter is a lesbian and is constantly complaining about there never being anything out there for her that isn't just about coming out or dealing with prejudice against the community. She just wanted a good story.

message 4: by FoxClouds (new)

FoxClouds | 16 comments Agree! I would love to read it!

message 5: by Martina McAtee (new)

Martina McAtee | 7 comments That's great. I'm super excited for feedback and (hopefully) some positive reviews.

message 6: by FoxClouds (new)

FoxClouds | 16 comments Is it available for Kindle? Or only as a paperback? (I'm sorry I can't check Amazon right now but I have put your book on my to read list!)

message 7: by FoxClouds (new)

FoxClouds | 16 comments I would be interested in writing a review if you are looking for reviewers.

message 8: by Martina McAtee (new)

Martina McAtee | 7 comments I'm always looking for reviewers. If you want to private message me your email I'll give you an ARC if you don't mind a PDF version with a few spelling and grammar errors. LOL.

message 9: by Martina McAtee (new)

Martina McAtee | 7 comments Fox wrote: "Is it available for Kindle? Or only as a paperback? (I'm sorry I can't check Amazon right now but I have put your book on my to read list!)"

It's available on Kindle for pre-order and will be available in paperback on Amazon on the release date.

message 10: by FoxClouds (new)

FoxClouds | 16 comments Thank you!

message 11: by Kaje (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:39AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16659 comments Hi and welcome. Make sure you put the book on our August new releases thread (if it's not already there - K does a great job finding upcoming books.) Also into our bookshelves with the correct shelf tags. I hope it does great. If you want to offer read-to-review copies we have that feature as well on the group.

Best of luck with the release.

message 12: by Martina McAtee (new)

Martina McAtee | 7 comments Kaje wrote: "Hi and welcome. Make sure you put the book on our August new releases thread (if it's not already there - K does a great job finding upcoming books.) Also into our bookshelves with the correct shel..."

Thank you so much. I will go and do that right now. Thanks!