Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

General Book Discussions > Hugo Awards Watching Party

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
Join the Rabid Puppies and sympathizers for a night of fun and SJW tears.
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regi...

message 2: by Greyweather (new)

Greyweather | 308 comments I'd love to but I have work in the morning. I'll have to settle for an after action report.

message 3: by Marina (new)

Well, SOMEONE is prepared...
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/08/in...

message 4: by Greyweather (last edited Aug 22, 2015 09:45PM) (new)

Greyweather | 308 comments That was good planning. Here is why:

@Daddy_Warpig
Twitter just shut me down. Can't send tweet in open. SJWs brigading me for tweeting in #HugoAwards.

message 5: by Marina (new)

But attacking one of the best known figures in GamerGate is a monumentally dumb move.

So a short summary:

Big night for Noah Ward
Vox Day gets to say, "I told you so"
Sarah and her sisters are pissed beyond belief, so that should get interesting

Me? Disappointed because I wanted Wright to get an award, but lotsa nukes is the second best outcome. I think this could be a huge opportunity for our side in the long run.

message 6: by Greyweather (new)

Greyweather | 308 comments I feel bad for Brad. He wanted to save the Hugo. But I think it died last night. The SJWs killed it rather than let anyone else in. They effectively told Vox Day that they would rather not have awards at all than let anything he supports win. As this does not bother him at all, they just told him he can shut down the awards every year. And he'll do so gladly. I'm calling it now: there will be at least six No Awards next year.

Worldcon can tweak the rules all they like but they can't stop him. Nothing short of getting rid of voting rights for supporting memberships can, and if they did that the awards would just die a different kind of death.

So yeah, the Hugo Award is dead. Worldcon just doesn't know it yet.

message 7: by Marina (new)

I feel bad for John C Wright. He still takes that community seriously. And assuming Hugo win would have meant more sales, he could use the $$.

I'm going to purchase his two Castalia books. I wanted Transhuman in hard copy anyway. Tor can screw.

message 8: by Jack (last edited Aug 23, 2015 07:06AM) (new)

Jack (jackjuly) | 254 comments Masha wrote: "But attacking one of the best known figures in GamerGate is a monumentally dumb move.

So a short summary:

Big night for Noah Ward
Vox Day gets to say, "I told you so"
Sarah and her sisters are p..."

I had brad on my radio show and with a few other sad puppies. It took awhile but I figured out the history. Something else struck me as well. This is a micro look at the macro mindset of the SJW. This has me believing now more than ever to defeat the SJW's will require violence on a mass scale. What they don't win, they destroy.