Clean Reads discussion

National Book Ratings?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karyn (new)

Karyn Tripp (karyntripp) | 2 comments Hello everyone! I am grateful for this group and all of the contributions everyone makes. I am a homeschool mom and am concerned about. Finding the best books for my family and myself to read. My oldest son has always read way above his grade level and I struggle to find appropriate books for him to read. I started a petition yesterday to start a national book rating system to help us all be informed of what is inside the books we want to read. I would LOVE the support of any/all of you to help make this a possibility. The best I g right now is to sign the petition, then share it to Facebook to encourage more people to do the same.

Here is a link to the petition. I am only up to 40 signatures right now. Reaching 100 is the first milestone to being heard, but more is so much better!
https://www.change.org/p/american-lib...

Thanks so very much for your support!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't agree with the idea, but I can see your point of view.

Try www.commonsensemedia.org for ratings. There's also Plugged In (can't remember if it's a .org or a .com).

message 3: by Sallyavena (new)

Sallyavena Over at compassbookratings.com the books are rated from 1 to 10 in 3 content areas (violence/gore, sex/nudity and language/profanity). There is also a more specific content review for each book. It's a great resource. All my kids have been precocious readers and I used the site so much that I became a reviewer. As for a national rating system, I think they already do such a poor job with movies I don't think I'd really trust one for books. Plus there are more books that come out each year...not sure it would really work.