The Handmaiden of Death (Dark Angel Trilogy, #1) The Handmaiden of Death question

Definitely worth the read
Lydia Rose Lydia Aug 19, 2015 05:22PM
So a friend of mine got this book as a free offer online and could not stop going on about how different it is from the other vampire stories out there. I got so put off by vampires after the whole Twilight thing that I swore never to read another vamp book again. She convinced me to give it a try since it was free and I LOVED it! Totally new, fresh, and not so overwhelmed by all the cheesy overdone love triangle stuff in most YA paranormal books.

Kelley (last edited Aug 27, 2015 06:58PM ) Aug 27, 2015 06:58PM   0 votes
I don't want to give away any spoilers but it is definitely not a paranormal romance. Are there some elements of romance in the story? Yes, but like Brittany said it's not the main concept. Very much not another twilight copycat or a hardcore bdsm erotica novel.

I was tempted to label this paranormal romance but agree with Lydia. Although there are elements of romance it's not the overarching theme of the book. As Lydia mentioned, the story certainly is different and I would add much more multifaceted and complex.