Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Lorelei James
This topic is about Lorelei James
2015 Challenge Archive > FAC: Lorelei James (September 2015)

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6798 comments September - Lorelei James

Lorelei James is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of erotica and erotic romance. She pens sexy, fun contemporary romances set in the modern day Wild West.

Writing as Lori G Armstrong, she is also the author of two mystery/thriller series, PI Julie Collins and the Mercy Gunderson Mystery series. She has won the Willa Cather award and is a two-time winner of the Shamus award, given by the Private Eye Writers of America. She is again a finalist for the Willa Cather award for her most recent Mercy Gunderson mystery, Merciless.

Her first novel, Blood Ties, was published under the name Lori G Armstrong in 2005, and the next year she published her first book as Lorelei James, Dirty Deeds.

When she's not squirreled away behind her laptop creating tales of sex, lies and murder, she can be found reading, practicing yoga, running a kid's taxi service, glued to the TV watching the Professional Bullriders Tour, and shootin' her .22 ~ all in the guise of avoiding housework, rustling up vittles and paying bills.

She lives in the beautiful Black Hills of western South Dakota with her husband of 20+ years and their three beautiful daughters...and a whole closet full of cowgirl boots!

Lorelei James' GR pages can be found here: Lorelei James and Lori G Armstrong

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Lorelei James.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of September.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6798 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6798 comments **

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19203 comments Oh, I am a great big A! I have a couple of novellas that I can read - looking forward to September!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Somewhere between a and b - used to love hervstuff but recently its been more meh

message 6: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6798 comments I'm an A! I've got Cowboy Take Me Away on my M&G list for this round, so I'll be reading that for sure, and maybe something else too, if time permits.

message 7: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments I think I'm up for some Lorelei James! I'm a B and I'll read Redneck Romeo. It's been on my list for ages.

message 8: by Nadine Bookaholic (last edited Sep 26, 2015 06:54AM) (new)

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 1035 comments I'm in:
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again. not sure what I will be reading yet... Stripped Down by Lorelei James

message 9: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1632 comments I'm an A but I've got to decide where I want to go with reading her books. :D

message 10: by Sunshine (last edited Aug 20, 2015 02:38PM) (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 915 comments I'm an A

I love cowboys...

I'm a HUGE Lorelei James fan. I wish I could make the font bigger.

I gotta find a book...
...probably from the Corralled series...

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1916 comments I'm an A, I love her cowboys. I'll be reading Stripped Down A Blacktop Cowboys Novella by Lorelei James .

message 12: by Karen ♐ (last edited Sep 25, 2015 04:23PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1199 comments I'm definitely an "A". Love her books. I'll be reading Stripped Down by Lorelei James .

message 13: by Angi (new)

Angi (AngiR) Most definitely an 'A'...I need to figure out which book I have NOT read yet ;)

message 14: by Martha (new)

Martha | 137 comments Definitely an A, I have yet to decide what book I'm going to be reading.

message 15: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 439 comments I'm in - I'm a B!

message 16: by Shan ~A~ (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 935 comments Lately I have been an A, especially when it comes to the Rough Riders series.

I will read which ever book that I am on in said series by the time Sept starts.

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 26, 2015 09:37AM) (new)

A strong "A". I know that I'll be reading

1. Tied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei James, 5 stars, finished 9/5, definitely an "A"

I appreciated the fact that James developed a relationship between the H & h that felt authentic. So many times characters are just instantly in love...and while I don't mind suspending reality a little bit, after a while it's tiresome. Kade & Sky felt real and, as a reader, it was easy for me to believe that there's a "happy ever after" in their future. On a more mundane note: Totally HOT too!

2. Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James, 4 stars, finished 9/16, "A"

I'm learning to appreciate this series more & more. I love the fact that these characters have a history, real roots. And, it may be a more conventional story-line but there's a reason it's popular. Everyone loves a HEA.

3. Branded as Trouble by Lorelei James, 4 stars, finished 9/26

I wasn't sure how I was going to take India. On the outside, at least, she's so completely different than me. But I loved the fact that these two black sheep found each other. Great story!

Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) by Lorelei James Branded as Trouble (Rough Riders, #6) by Lorelei James Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3) by Lorelei James

and more if time allows! Love this author!

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennv514) I'm in. I plan to read Unraveled from the Mastered Series.
I LOVE Lorelei James.

message 19: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10936 comments I am an A, and I read 1001 Dark Nights: Roped In 1001 Dark Nights Roped In (Blacktop Cowboys, #6.5) by Lorelei James . I really enjoyed this shorter book of hers. I haven't read any other Blacktop Cowboys, but this seems like a stand alone and I had no trouble following it. Sutton and London make a great couple. I've read most of the Rough Riders series and loved it (not the more recent additions), but now I'm thinking I may need to get to more of the Blacktop Cowboys :)

I remain an A!

message 20: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1632 comments I've been a big Lorelei James fan in the past, probably a solid A-, but it's been ages since I've read anything.

message 21: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19203 comments So far this month I've read Long Time Gone and Stripped Down. Loved them both! One was funny and the other more sentimental, but both were hot and sweet!

I still have one to go this month - the only one that was a M&G pick! But I think it is safe to say that I remain an A!

message 22: by Shan ~A~ (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 935 comments I finished Cowboy Casanova on 09/10. I started an A, especially for this series, and I am ending the same.

This one is by far my fav and I rated it 5 stars.

message 23: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 915 comments Sunshine wrote: " I'm an A

I love cowboys...

I'm a HUGE Lorelei James fan. I wish I could make the font bigger.
"

I'm still an A
Ballroom Blitz
Ballroom Blitz by Lorelei James
Rating: 4.5 stars
Read: 9/18/15
I'm a HUGE fan of Lorelei James. ...HUGE But I love cowboys :D *wink*

Anyway, I loved Ballroom Blitz, Jon White Feather and Maggie. the family dynamics was great. Of course, I loved the sexy spicyness, too. Although it is just a cameo, (view spoiler) You gotta love it.
This is a standalone. Pick it up! 4.5 stars

message 24: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Just finished Redneck Romeo and am ending as a solid A. Can't wait to get to the next book!

message 25: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1199 comments Finished Stripped Down by Lorelei James . Loved it.

Nadine Bookaholic (nadinesobsessedwithbooks) | 1035 comments Finished Stripped Down by Lorelei James and Really enjoyed it
Here is the link to my review that I will have completed sometime this weekend: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I am an:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.

message 27: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1632 comments I finished Corralled (9/24) ★★★★ this month. It reminded me why I've always liked this author. :) Still an A.