What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Tree-Shaped Oversize Board Book from 90s Children's Nutcracker

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments Hey all, so I am searching for a Christmas book from my childhood (it seemed brand new as of whenever I got it in the 90s or early thousands). It's an adaptation of the Nutcracker story, but the special thing about this edition is that it was huge and shaped like a tree!

It is NOT any of these: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

I think it was one and a half feet tall. It was made of 'board book' material. The tree on the cover was a brilliant bright green and the inner illustrations were bright and detailed. I think the front cover also had yellow on it - maybe along the bottom where the title was? No idea who the illustrator or author of the adaptation was.

Google has not been helpful to me. I gave this book away years ago and would love to find another copy. Anyone help?

message 2: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments bump

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4843 comments Was the tree on the cover a decorated Christmas tree, a snow covered tree, etc?

Could it have possibly been a retelling of the "12 days of Christmas" and the tree on the front was pear tree?

message 4: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments It was a decorated Christmas tree, potentially even with presents on the bottom. I feel like it was decorated with candles, strings of popcorn, baubles, and had a big yellow ribbon at the bottom with the title. The tree was such a bright green, cartoony almost. I asked my mom if she remembered it, and she also thought it was Nutcracker (unfortunately she can't remember anything else about it, like who it was by or where it was from). It would be surprising if we both misremembered, but I suppose it's possible.

message 5: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments bump

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32194 comments Mod
"Christmas" by Nicola Deschamps?
http://www.worldcat.org/title/christm...

"Discover some exciting surprises inside this colorful Christmas tree." "On board pages in the shape of a Christmas tree."

message 7: by Ket (new)

Ket | 164 comments ^ Looked at this one and it's not it, but it's very very close! But the cover of the book I'm looking for has an illustrated, animated-style look and the cut-out perfectly matches the edges of the cardboard.

Also, the interior of the one by Deschamps has photo-quality interior pictures, while the book I'm trying to find has cartoony, illustrated interior pictures. Thank you though for this excellent suggestion! It feels like I'm getting closer.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Ket, are you still looking for this or did you find it?