Add as a Friend discussion

Genres > Ebooks

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by I Smell Books (new)

I Smell Books - Join Our Newsletter (i_smell_books) | 110 comments Mod
Post here for Ebook genre

message 2: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) Ok, you got me here. What's the eBook genre? :)

message 3: by I Smell Books (new)

Lol. I just copied the list in goodreads. I'm not an ebook person. So, I didn't know if there were groups out there seeking each other. I couldn't discriminate now...could I? ;)

message 4: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) Nope! Always better be safe than sorry. :)

message 5: by Echo (new)

Echo Armstrong (goodreadscomEcho_Armstrong) | 4 comments I started reading Ebooks about 6 months ago. Didn't think I would enjoy them, but I really do...It's easy to navigate. I downloaded the Kindle App and although I prefer a good old fashioned hard copy, I've warmed up to the e-book.

message 6: by I Smell Books (new)

I have double vision and reading any electronic for too long wreaks havoc on my eyes. I also love holding a book. It's like holding that particular world the author created. I imagine the ebooks are more convenient until the thing breaks or the platform holding your books crashes. I'm a apocalypse lover. So I'm waiting for that to happen!! Lol!! It might be a great idea for another book. :)

message 7: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Macias (eliseus) | 4 comments Hi! I think there are some books that come out only as ebooks (maybe that´s the reason for including them as a genre so we get to talk about those ¿?) I have been reading on an IPad for about 8 months now, and I have found lots of advantages! Initially I was reluctant because I thought I would end up hurting my eyes, but luckily I haven´t had trouble in that field, these are some of the good things: The IPad allows me to read while eating because I can just read form a safe distance and I don´t risk my books to get messy (and it is very easy and clean to move form page to page even with messy fingers), one time I felt so happy to have it because during a trip on a bus they put all the lights off, it was dark and there were no reading lights but the screen light is more than enough and it can be adjusted , in the end it has been a very good tool, and you can download so many for free haha, anyway I still love so much the fiscal books! I would never want them to disappear and be replaced with kindles or tablets or IPads, let´s keep buying beautiful books to keep them on existence! XD

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 6 comments While i don't think you can beat a physical book for the look, feel, smell!! I love my kindle! My boyfriend brought me one for chrismas a couple of years ago because my book buying was getting out of hand (i was running out of places to put them). I read more books than ever because i always have hundreds with me and read whenever i can. And you can get so many great free books on an ereader. I do still buy physical books if i really want them!

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn For those who like e books. Here is a list of places that you can find some for free or discount.

Bookbub.com
Manybooks.com
Hundredzeros.com
jay at choosey bookworm

I like the feel of real books as well, but I have no place to put them all anymore. Just recently aquired a kindle, and I love it. Plus I feel good about saving a whole lot of trees! :)

message 10: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Macias (eliseus) | 4 comments Dawn wrote: "For those who like e books. Here is a list of places that you can find some for free or discount.

Bookbub.com
Manybooks.com
Hundredzeros.com
jay at choosey bookworm

I like the feel of real boo..."

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Yes many do, and I totally understand

message 12: by Paigegirl (new)

Paigegirl | 11 comments @ Laura

I also love physical books. One time, I also got so many I didn't know where to keep them all. In the end, I borrowed most out and didn't get them back.