Cozy Mysteries discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > CMT Bingo R5 Discussion!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 251 (251 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) One would think that after all this time I would have Bingo set up down to a science...

message 2: by Dizzy (new)

Dizzy (dizzy_booknerd) | 121 comments Oh man, i didnt even realize signups were out yet! Can i still play, or is it too late?

message 3: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 124 comments I messaged Caitlin and Susan a couple of days ago but they've not turned up. I'm wondering if they've seen the message yet.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments I suspect they may be thinking the next round starts in September...

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Dizzy wrote: "Oh man, i didnt even realize signups were out yet! Can i still play, or is it too late?"

UGH! Oh no!!!
Um, let's see when Caitlin and Susan respond. There's always room for a team of three.
If they don't respond, there can be a team of 5. I don't think anyone would mind!!!

message 6: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 124 comments Jennifer wrote: "I suspect they may be thinking the next round starts in September..."

Yeah, maybe. But I think I mentioned sign ups closed on 19 August. Quite unusual because they are both normally avid Bingoers. Sandra was another who has always been playing too, but I didn't message her. If they all popped up in time there would be another team.

message 7: by Dizzy (new)

Dizzy (dizzy_booknerd) | 121 comments Kimberly wrote: "Dizzy wrote: "Oh man, i didnt even realize signups were out yet! Can i still play, or is it too late?"

UGH! Oh no!!!
Um, let's see when Caitlin and Susan respond. There's always room for a team of..."

Ok cool!!

message 8: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Is Jennifer chanting yet? I'm thinking paranormal, Jennifer! Or Culinary, or Books, or... I'll just let Jennifer chant it for us! SO happy to see everyone!

Is it Saturday yet? 8)

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments LOL. I get withdrawal when we aren't playing, but have a good time scouring the used book stores to stock back up.

Hmmm, let's see. We didn't hit paranormal last time (if I recall correctly)....and I just happen to have picked one up at the used book store....so....

Let's all chant for paranormal!

message 10: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 21, 2015 09:31AM) (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Morning!!!
Happy Selection Saturday Eve!

It looks like we might have one more person that wants to join as well! Diane posted in one of the groups that she wants to play and who am I to say no, right?

But please let me know your thoughts on possibly two teams of 5.

If I have missed anything as far as players, explaining the rule, etc., please let me know.

Also, here's something to think about and discuss:
Would anyone object to us "scheduling" our Bingo games? For instance, new rounds start in January, May and September?
1. It might help everyone keep an eye out for sign ups.
2. It's 4 months between the start of a new Round. Enough time to play a round and enough time for us to get antsy about the next one.

Just some thoughts...

I have a hint for you about Saturday: A theme will be picked in the morning here in Phoenix.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments I love the idea of scheduling the games.

I suppose if we had 2 teams of 5, if someone on a team of 4 had to drop out, we could reposition one of the 5 to move to level off that team and bring it back up to 4.

message 12: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments I like scheduling the games as well. I have no problem with extra people on teams. The more the merrier!!

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) I like that suggestion because to me, it would have the back ups playing rather than waiting for something to happen and THEN being able to play.

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Dizzy is on Team 2!!
I am waiting to hear back from Diane who showed interest in playing as well.

Dizzy is going to be our alternate for this round. If someone drops out, then she will move over to that team.
I haven't figured out how to score for themes yet, but I think we can all come up with a compromise.

WOO HOO!!!

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7328 comments Happy theme announcement eve! I like the idea of scheduling the rounds - takes some of the wondering about when the next one will start out and we've kind of been on a loose schedule already.

message 16: by Dizzy (new)

Dizzy (dizzy_booknerd) | 121 comments Thank you Kimberly! and btw I love the idea of scheduling the games as well! :)

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Totally!

message 18: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 124 comments No objection to extras in teams. Good idea to have them already playing if they have to move to cover any drop outs. Absolutely in favour of scheduling.

message 19: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3837 comments Mod
I'm in favour of scheduling, it will be easier for everybody. And no problem with extras in teams, the main goal, at the end, is to play (winning is nice but...)

message 20: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Team 2 will be Cozy2Us and I'll captain.

message 21: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Love the idea is scheduling the rounds!!!!

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments Team 1 will forever be known as One-derful Readers

message 23: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 678 comments I think scheduling is an excellent idea. Easy for us to know when the next round is coming. Also, I think having the extras already playing and moving if needed is a good idea. :)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 165 comments Im good with letting everyone play...as for the scheduling that would be awesome - I know I missed one round of bingo simply because the sign-ups got lost in the threads...I love bingo especially this one....

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine | 97 comments I like the idea of scheduling. it makes it easier to keep track of when the rounds start.

message 26: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Happy Shelf Day everyone! I know the sun is not up yet in Kimberly's world but I am ready for a shelf!

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments Moondance wrote: "Happy Shelf Day everyone! I know the sun is not up yet in Kimberly's world but I am ready for a shelf!"

LOL. Me too!

message 28: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Same here! Let the constant refreshing begin now.

message 29: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Kimberly wrote: "Same here! Let the constant refreshing begin now."

***waving*** Hi Kimberly! Lets get this game started!

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Good morning Cheryl!!!!!

message 31: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Kimberly wrote: "Good morning Cheryl!!!!!"

Hugs to Miss C!

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Thanks. She starts Kindergarten Monday and I'm trying not to have a panic attack.

message 33: by Moondance (last edited Aug 22, 2015 07:41AM) (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Wow! That's hard to believe! Just breathe. You know she will love it! She is already a wonderful reader. What more can you ask for?

message 34: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 27, 2015 02:28PM) (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Okay, I'm ready!
I've got fresh coffee next to me. Homemade Chocolate Croissants just came out of the oven. And by homemade I mean I brought "home" Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants, proofed them overnight, and then "made" them in the oven. Home-Made!!

Now let's call a theme!!

message 35: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments What is the min page number requirement

message 36: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Delitealex wrote: "What is the min page number requirement"

200 pages

message 37: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments Thanks

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments Kimberly, looks like I am team 1 captain...

message 39: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Welcome Diana!!!!
She is on Team 1 as one of our Alternates!!!

Woo hoo!!! More people, more fun!!!

message 40: by Diana (last edited Aug 22, 2015 09:13PM) (new)

Diana | 28 comments Kimberly wrote: "Welcome Diana!!!!
She is on Team 1 as one of our Alternates!!!

Woo hoo!!! More people, more fun!!!"

Thank you, save me a croissant will ya?! ;)

message 41: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) You know studying all day has warped your brain when you start yelling at a movie on the Hallmark Channel.

message 42: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7328 comments Team 4 will now be 4-ever Sleuthing.

message 43: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 96 comments I know that (a) I'm new; and (b) teams have been picked - but I love reading Bingo challenges and would like to put my hand up to join a team, or be a reserve. Otherwise I'll hover ready to fling my hand in the air for the January round :)

message 44: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Sally906 wrote: "I know that (a) I'm new; and (b) teams have been picked - but I love reading Bingo challenges and would like to put my hand up to join a team, or be a reserve. Otherwise I'll hover ready to fling m..."

Hi Sally!!
You are in luck! The game just started on Saturday, so it is not too late to join in!!!!
Your are now a member of Team 4! YAY!
Head on over to their thread and introduce yourself to your new team!

I will update some more in the morning. I have been doing school and work stuff all day, so I haven't had a chance to check in with everyone. For now, I'm going to bed.

Night!

message 45: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3837 comments Mod
Sleep well, Kimberly!

message 46: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 96 comments Oooh great - am off to bed myself right now - but will swing over to my new team and say G'day :)

message 47: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) How's everyone doing?
Making friends?
Are your macaroni pictures ready to share with the class? :P

*sniff*
I miss my cozies!

message 48: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) While I'm here and procrastinating....

There has been interest in having a blackout game. If that is an option, would a smaller card be welcome?
For example, a 4x4 or 3x3 card with no free space.

And what about a design as a goal for the Bingo card.
Example: First team to get a cross on their card wins. A cross being 3 spaces up and 3 spaces across.

Again, just some thoughts...

Okay, procrastinating is over. Back to work!

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments Kimberly, is a blackout game where you get all of the squares in order to BINGO?

message 50: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 678 comments Kimberly wrote: "While I'm here and procrastinating....

There has been interest in having a blackout game. If that is an option, would a smaller card be welcome?
For example, a 4x4 or 3x3 card with no free space...."

I think a blackout game would be fun. Although i really wouldn't want to shrink the board. ;) Of course, that would make the game last 24 weeks! So, i understand the need to shrink the board. :)

I also like the idea of making a design, just to spice things up a bit. :) Might even make it harder to get a Bingo, making the game last longer. :)

Can you tell? I really like playing Bingo!!!!! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.