Emily March Fans discussion

Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
This topic is about Dreamweaver Trail
# 8 Dreamweaver Trail 9/23-10/6 > Questions for Emily about Dreamweaver Trail

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Post your Dreamweaver questions here for our hard-working author!

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Emily, where did you get the idea for the pirates in this story. I know they are prevalent on the high seas but was there something in particular that brought that to your mind.

Same question as to Flynn and the retribution the father brought down on him for the killing of his son.

message 3: by Jina (new) - added it

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Dear Emily,
Dreamweaver Trail was a fantastic book. It had so many twists and turns, I was reading in my rocker recycliner and during the pirate part was rocking so fast that my husband told me to "chill out before you break your chair". We've come to love your characters like family and so it's very suspenseful when things like that happen. Some parts are hard to read when our characters we like so much are going through something hurtful but that's what makes such great reading and books so hard to put down. I was wondering though as hard as it is for us to read about a death or one of our favorite characters going through a hardship, it must be heart breaking to write it. How do you write the hard parts? For instance I am suppose to write about Heathers cardiac arrest and whats happened since for a case study for ECU Brody School of Medicine. I can write about after she came out of the coma but I cant ever get through writing about the day of her cardiac arrest. I end up bawling and shaking and have to do something to get my mind completely off of it. So its got to be hard for you too since all of Eternity Springs are your kids in that you created them all. Thanks for such wonderful books.
Sincerely Yours,
Jina

message 4: by Emily, Author (new)

Emily March (emilymarchbooks) | 113 comments Mod
I conceived of Eternity Springs as the place where broken hearts go to heal so every book in the series must have a heart that's been broken. The challenge this far into the series is to do something different. Readers seem to love tortured heroes and I like writing them. I thought it would be interesting to write a physically tortured hero instead of an emotionally tortured hero that time out. That's how the pirates came about.

Kay (KK) wrote: "Emily, where did you get the idea for the pirates in this story. I know they are prevalent on the high seas but was there something in particular that brought that to your mind.

Same question as..."

message 5: by Emily, Author (new)

Emily March (emilymarchbooks) | 113 comments Mod
Jina,

I can't imagine writing about a real event that happened to one of my children. There is safety in fiction, and while I do invest myself in my characters, in the end, it's just fiction. I completely admire what you're doing!!! I don't think I could do it.

Jina wrote: "Dear Emily,
Dreamweaver Trail was a fantastic book. It had so many twists and turns, I was reading in my rocker recycliner and during the pirate part was rocking so fast that my husband told me to ..."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Dreamweaver trail was especially powerful because of the unexpected element of physical torture - I was absolutely terrified when the boat was first attacked; and horrified when I realized that Flynn had been set up for capture. The details of that story will live with me for a long time.

Jina - Your heart will tell you when you are ready to write your story. Writing can be a tremendous source of healing, even if it's just in a journal that no one else will never read. I believe the NEED to write your story will come to you someday. Until then, don't pressure yourself. Spend that time loving your girls - at some point, the story will practically write itself. ((hugs))

Michelle | 34 comments Emily,
Just got back from vacation and took my advance copy of Heartsong Cottage with me. All I can say is, WOW. So many authors that I have read, some tickle your heart, some tickle your "fancy", but I must say your books get right to my core. I have loved everyone of them and all the characters too. What a talented woman you are to be able to put your heart on the pages of your books.
Thank you for sharing with us,
Michelle

message 8: by Kay (last edited Oct 05, 2015 04:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Emily wrote: "I conceived of Eternity Springs as the place where broken hearts go to heal so every book in the series must have a heart that's been broken. The challenge this far into the series is to do somethi..."

Thank you Emily. The physical torture was a different twist from the emotional and as all the comments show a very big surprise. Isn't that what a good writer suppose to do, keep their readers guessing. ☺️ You do a good job of it. Loved this whole story! How Flynn wound up in Eternity Springs and how the story played out to the end. Thank you for another great and beautiful story. A "true love" story is always beautiful no matter the trials that have to endure to get there.

message 9: by Lola (last edited Oct 05, 2015 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola  | 1001 comments I think Dreamweaver Trail is one of my favorites ,This is one of the few of Emily's books that I had to read not read to me. I like to listen if and it's a big "if" the reader gets the accents right, Emily's reader Kathe Mazur is good ,when you can forget it is a woman doing the male voices she is good. Some of my favorites are Therese Plummer, Eric G. Dove and Sandra Burr.
The story kept me up late because I just had to learn what happened next , Great story Emily.My Daughter & I are going to see the glass blower here in Townsend soon because of you.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "Emily,
Just got back from vacation and took my advance copy of Heartsong Cottage with me. All I can say is, WOW. So many authors that I have read, some tickle your heart, some tickle your "fancy", ..."

I couldn't agree more. I read all weekend for reviews that are due - and will be starting Teardrop Lane today, at last. I'm so looking forward to it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola wrote: "I think Dreamweaver Trail is one of my favorites ,This is one of the few of Emily's books that I had to read not read to me. I like to listen if and it's a big "if" the reader gets the accents righ..."

Lola, if you have a chance, take a couple of pictures for those who have never seen this craft in progress! They do this in Colonial Williamsburg, VA, and I've also been fortunate to see it. My daughter took a class in high school (she went to an advanced arts school) - and it was fascinating. I'd love to see photos of the process & the products - and I bet other members would, too!

I'm going to Williamsburg in November, and I am definitely going back to the glassblower's shop, all because of Dreamweaver Trail.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kay (KK) wrote: "Emily wrote: "I conceived of Eternity Springs as the place where broken hearts go to heal so every book in the series must have a heart that's been broken. The challenge this far into the series is..." I know I will read the books several times each in the future - they're like comfort food for the soul - but Dreamweaver Trail is my favorite, I have to say.

message 13: by Jina (new) - added it

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Paula wrote: "Lola wrote: "I think Dreamweaver Trail is one of my favorites ,This is one of the few of Emily's books that I had to read not read to me. I like to listen if and it's a big "if" the reader gets th..."

Dear Paula,
Williamsburg is about 4 hours from us. Maybe if you have a day or a couple hours free, my girls and I could come up there and see you and the glassblowers together. Its just an idea dont feel obligated at all I am sure you are very busy. Either way its wonderful knowing you and I am sure we will meet sometime. I will be posting Heathers questions soon and a couple more pictures.
Sincerely Yours,
Jina

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Jina wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lola wrote: "I think Dreamweaver Trail is one of my favorites ,This is one of the few of Emily's books that I had to read not read to me. I like to listen if and it's a big "if" the ..."

That's fantastic, Jina! What a great idea. When I know my travel schedule I'll be in touch!

message 15: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Herald | 76 comments I am so late to the party and behind in my re-reading so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I am just getting into DT, and I am very curious as to how you came to learn so much about glass blowing/creating? It's all so in depth, it makes me wonder also how long you research things prior to writing the book and what has been the most fun research for you so far?

message 16: by Kay (last edited Oct 09, 2015 05:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Great questions Pam!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

That IS a great question -- I'm reading a book right now about a chef, by an author who is not known as a cook -- and I am overwhelmed by the amount of detail in her research. Since I am a foodie, I am completely engrossed and can tell that she was very diligent in making sure the reading experience feels real. I've got three fictional "foodie" books on my shelf right now ... and about a half-dozen hockey stories.