Emily March Fans discussion

Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
This topic is about Dreamweaver Trail
# 8 Dreamweaver Trail 9/23-10/6 > Opening Thoughts on Dreamweaver Trail (May Contain Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Share your opening thoughts here as you begin to read - or re-read - Dreamweaver Trail.

message 2: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments Gabi & Flynn' story is amazing. I don't know if I personally would survive anyone of the things that happen to them, I think that I would retreat into myself as Flynn tried to do to protect others.
I particularly like the lesson Gabi learnt 'that dreams are fluid & the people in my life are solid'.

message 3: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesley wrote: "Gabi & Flynn' story is amazing. I don't know if I personally would survive anyone of the things that happen to them, I think that I would retreat into myself as Flynn tried to do to protect others...." I love that quote. There are so many that I wish I had taken the time to write down. Thanks for your comment, Lesley!

Hannah (hannahdabink) | 55 comments This was the first book of the series I ever read. I found it on netgalley. and it's probably still my absolute favorite. Gabi and Flynn have always stuck with me, they are why I read the whole series.

message 5: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah wrote: "This was the first book of the series I ever read. I found it on netgalley. and it's probably still my absolute favorite. Gabi and Flynn have always stuck with me, they are why I read the whole se..."
I'm really looking forward to this one. I dare not jump ahead, though!

Hannah (hannahdabink) | 55 comments ok was listening to the radio and Hopelessly Devoted to You came on and I immediately thought of Gabi and her week long seduction of Flynn.

message 7: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah wrote: "ok was listening to the radio and Hopelessly Devoted to You came on and I immediately thought of Gabi and her week long seduction of Flynn."
Tell me which artist you prefer and I'll add it to our playlist, Hannah! We need some lighthearted music in there. I've thought of a couple of ideas for Reflection Point, but they were both in terribly bad, morbidly funny taste, and I think the classiness of this group deserves better than my Addams Family dark side. LOL.

Hannah (hannahdabink) | 55 comments I always liked Olivia Newton John singing it in Grease

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Hannah wrote: "I always liked Olivia Newton John singing it in Grease"

I like that version as well Hannah.

message 10: by Paula, Moderator (last edited Aug 30, 2015 07:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melinda wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I always liked Olivia Newton John singing it in Grease"

I like that version as well Hannah."

I've just added it to our playlist on Spotify. Here is the iTunes link for those who don't have Spotify.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hop...

message 11: by Jimnlori (new) - added it

Jimnlori | 31 comments This is the only book in the series that I haven't read so I'm going to enjoy diving in.

message 12: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I took a break for a little while around lunchtime and read some more. Loving it!!!

message 13: by Jina (new) - added it

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Paula wrote: "Hannah wrote: "ok was listening to the radio and Hopelessly Devoted to You came on and I immediately thought of Gabi and her week long seduction of Flynn."
Tell me which artist you prefer and I'll ..."

Dear Paula,
I do have a couple music suggestions. They arent your usual ballads. Tell me what you think of these:
You are the woman by firefall
Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney
Everywhere I Go by Amy Grant
Now that I found you Allison Krause
They are just ideas. I was listening to a 70s station today and heard them and some of the characters I have read about crossed my mind. I also heard Boogie shoes by KC and the sunshine band and was shaking my booty in my car seat. Lol. Heather put her hand over her eyes like she was thinking "i dont know this woman, I hope no one sees me"
Sincerely Yours,
Jina

message 14: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina - those are great ideas! I will look them up and add them a bit later - I'm having a few intermittent computer issues today - freeze ups, shut downs...arrghhh.

And, one of the privileges of parenting is being able to embarrass your kids. Ray used to do a lot of cycling, and he loves bright colors. He looked like a billboard when he was out on the road. And he had a helmet with a rear-view mirror. One day Sarah and I saw him cycling down the side of the road at the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I said, "there's your dad!" - and she said, "Oh, mom, PLEEEEEASE don't honk at him!!! PLEASE!!!" -- so of course, I honked, and waved. Twice.
LOL

message 15: by Jina (new) - added it

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Paula wrote: "Jina - those are great ideas! I will look them up and add them a bit later - I'm having a few intermittent computer issues today - freeze ups, shut downs...arrghhh.

And, one of the privileges of p..."

Dear Paula,
I always tell my kids that hugs and kisses are payment for being a parent but embarrassing them is a perk and a right for all the hours of labor and 9 months carrying them. I usually get groans and eye rolls when I say that but that just means I am doing something right. ;)
Sincerely,
Jina

message 16: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina wrote: "Paula wrote: "Jina - those are great ideas! I will look them up and add them a bit later - I'm having a few intermittent computer issues today - freeze ups, shut downs...arrghhh.

And, one of the p..."

Exactly!!!

Hannah (hannahdabink) | 55 comments Jina! those are great songs.

message 18: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm adding them to the playlist tonight, ladies!

message 19: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Call | 106 comments I haven't read it yet.

message 20: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Call | 106 comments I just got it though in the mail lol bought it on ebay.

message 21: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm just reading it now. I'm already in love with Flynn. No surprise there...

message 22: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wow. I stayed up until 1:40 a.m. finishing Dreamweaver Trail. Cried three times, was scared completely out of my wits twice. My heart broke in several places and there was no way I could go to bed without my happy ever after. Even as I tried to sleep, I kept thinking about Flynn and what he went through...words are not enough to describe the "aftershocks" of this novel.

I absolutely did not expect either of the violent twists in this book. I pride myself on knowing what's coming and both times I was completely blown away. I am looking forward to the next book as soon as my heart heals from this one!

Thoughts on Dreamweaver Trail anyone??

Hannah (hannahdabink) | 55 comments I bawled the first time I read it. I just love Flynn and Gabi.

message 24: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah wrote: "I bawled the first time I read it. I just love Flynn and Gabi."
OMG, Hannah - he literally broke my heart, the biggest break YET. I could not get to sleep thinking about Flynn. The sign of an exceptional story. I can't even find the words to write a review yet!

Lola  | 1001 comments Paula , Those were nail biting parts I was talking about. Emily gave us a couple of shockers in this book.

message 26: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thought I would share my review of Dreamweaver Trail. I tried to avoid spoilers. Let me know what you think...did I nail it, or if not, what did I miss? (Thank God for the edit key!)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 27: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "Paula , Those were nail biting parts I was talking about. Emily gave us a couple of shockers in this book." I tell you, Lola, I nearly collapsed at the scene on the boat. It took me completely by surprise. I didn't see anything coming...! Still recovering from the shock. This book is going to stay with me for a very long time.

Lola  | 1001 comments I read your review , good at using a Hammer? Because you nailed it! ;D

message 29: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments The events depicted in Dreamweaver Trail were a departure from the usual storyline we had come to expect in Eternity Springs, but unfortunately violence & revenge has become a bigger part of everyday life often involving people who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This book also shows what people can survive & also how the love & persistence & patients of good friends & loved ones can in some case conclude with a 'happy ending'.

message 30: by Kay (last edited Sep 27, 2015 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Jina wrote: "Paula wrote: "Jina - those are great ideas! I will look them up and add them a bit later - I'm having a few intermittent computer issues today - freeze ups, shut downs...arrghhh.

And, one of the p..."

LOL! That is so true! So love it.

message 31: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments I haven't read this one in a while and after reading all the comments going to start tonight. Looking forward to this reread

message 32: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "I read your review , good at using a Hammer? Because you nailed it! ;D" Thank you, Lola! That one practically wrote itself. I loved that story so much.

message 33: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Question for the group -- particularly for those who are reading the series for the first time, and those who are vague on the details of what happens next...

I would love nothing more than to see Zach help Gabi get Flynn exonerated, even though he feels hopeless about it. That's one thing I'd love to see followed up in the series.

Are there other "loose ends" you think about that you'd love for Emily to write about, in Dreamweaver Trail or in any of the books we've read so far?

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Paula wrote: "Question for the group -- particularly for those who are reading the series for the first time, and those who are vague on the details of what happens next...

I would love nothing more than to see..."

I agree Paula that this is a loose end that needs to be tied up. Maybe Emily can do this in a book she writes later in the series as a secondary story.

Lola  | 1001 comments I would like to find out what happened to the man who brutalized Flynn ,maybe covered in honey and staked out over a Texas fire ant hill. Just a thought.

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments Lola wrote: "I would like to find out what happened to the man who brutalized Flynn ,maybe covered in honey and staked out over a Texas fire ant hill. Just a thought."

Flynn told Gabi what happen to the men!?

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments This book just hurt my Heart! I loved Gabi in the other books and was so looking forward to her story and OMG this book delivered!! What happen to her, Flynn and the puppy just broke my heart!

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments BTW after reading this book, I went straight into the next book with Hunter & Rose's story!! My Bad! ;-)

Lola  | 1001 comments OOPs forgot ,so many things happening in this book.

message 40: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "I would like to find out what happened to the man who brutalized Flynn ,maybe covered in honey and staked out over a Texas fire ant hill. Just a thought."

I concur. Vigilante justice is sometimes the only way to go...LOL...anyone who would hurt Flynn like that should NOT get off with anything less than an eye for an eye.

Lola  | 1001 comments I reread the part about how Flynn was rescued, gave me chills again . I still like my way of killing the a-hole better though lol. Too fast for me, I wanted him to suffer. Kudos to Bismarck for going Cujo !

message 42: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments With all the horrible and upsetting things that happened in this story the part that hurt my heart the worse was when Flynn cruelly tried to get Gabi out of his life. I know all comes out ok, although I had forgotten or blocked out some of the bad things, but he really was mean to her. The strength she showed even after that scene was amazing. Even though she was hurting, she was not going to give up. Not sure I could gave done that. Just love Gabi and Flynn is really a great guy who had of bad happen in his life. They are so perfect together. Another great story.

message 43: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (KK) wrote: "With all the horrible and upsetting things that happened in this story the part that hurt my heart the worse was when Flynn cruelly tried to get Gabi out of his life. I know all comes out ok, alth..."
I agree, KK -- he was fighting every instinct, forcing himself to be cruel. She saw right through him. Romano women are not quitters...he should have known better than to try!!!

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments Paula wrote: "Kay (KK) wrote: "With all the horrible and upsetting things that happened in this story the part that hurt my heart the worse was when Flynn cruelly tried to get Gabi out of his life. I know all c..."

You are so right, Paula!! ;-)