Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 90K Fantasy Novel

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Kehoe | 2 comments I'm looking for beta readers for my 92K fantasy novel. It's relatively polished at this point and has been though one round of beta reads. This is the first book in a three book series.

Here's a little synopsis:
The country of Alwyn is in the midst of a civil war between a power-hungry king and group of rebels intent on creating a new, more equal kingdom. Each side has been fighting tirelessly to defeat the other. Men and women were willing to risk life, limb, and sanity so that their side might prevail.
One woman, however, has absolutely no intention of risking anything for either cause. As far as Amara is concerned, they can waste all the time they wanted fighting one another - just as long as they keep her out of it. Despite her best efforts, however, a mistake lands Amara right in the middle of the whole mess, forcing her to become a player in the bloody, dangerous game which she had so hoped to avoid.

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda Elmer | 34 comments I'm interested in this, but have also run across a lot of bad fantasy and I tend to be pretty direct (I am willing to stop reading if I'm not a fit for your book). E-mail me at linda.elmer@yahoo.com if you're interested. I do read fantasy (needs to have a strong female character, though - I like Anne Bishop, Seanan McGuire and Patricia Briggs if that helps you).
Bye - Linda